Author Topic: Luke Sprywalker Custom Vehicles Updated 29 New Vehicle!  (Read 111343 times)

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
Re: Luke Sprywalker Custom Vehicles Updated 11-29 2 New Vehicles!
« Reply #570 on: March 03, 2013, 09:33:40 AM »
so true guys ..so true..
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #571 on: March 03, 2013, 09:41:08 AM »
Hate to hear that Spry, but so go there myself with this hobby and how much time I can spend. Love to see those steampunk joes show up here though. They are cool.

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #572 on: March 03, 2013, 12:36:59 PM »
I think a lot of us are just like you, L.E. I know I am. But I feel I just have to at least get some parts together whenever I have a new idea for a custom project. Otherwise, I'm afraid I might forget the idea and never forgive myself for it. I'm this much away from waking up in the middle of the night and writing down a parts list  :)

I have plenty of projects on the backburner, most of them probably in the "I bit of more than I could chew" category: crashed TIE Fighter dio, A-Wing fighter, Speeder Bike dio.... But I don't want to put them in the vault, I just need to find the time to finish those and not get tempted to start something new whenever I see a cool artwork or think of something myself.

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #573 on: March 14, 2013, 03:04:10 PM »
I can only echo Sten's words. Spry I'm right with you! I too have had no time to devote to my hobby as grown up stuff is just getting in the way.

On a positive note I know that I can turn back into a grown up when needed but I still have the imaginative child inside just waiting to pop out. I have had so much fun being a part of this community and I fully intend to get back into the swing of things asap. My work/life balance depends on it.

Hang in there buddy, and hopefully we will continue where we left off very soon!

J

Offline krztfr

• Colonel
« Reply #574 on: March 15, 2013, 09:28:37 AM »
I to have this same problem but I usually write down everything I want to do to a project before I shelf it so I got an idea what I was trying to do

Offline ShamanLogRay

• Colonel
  • Greetings from the UK! :)
« Reply #575 on: March 21, 2013, 04:53:24 AM »
Life.....dont talk to me about life! To quote Marvin! :(
Hope all is working out ok for you Luke, sometimes the hic ups can send us into new and better directions! Hope thats the case with you! This is also a very good hobby for de stressing Ive found, its great to be able to just lose yourselve in creativity for a few hours and forget everything else and we all need that from time to time! :)

Offline jlw515

• Lieutenant
« Reply #576 on: March 23, 2013, 03:05:00 AM »
Spry,

I think the Bob Dillion reference says it all! Seems like everyone's collecting/customizing routine has changed. I was so disappointed in Hasbro's 2013 picks and this new Black series, that I've told my wife 2013 may be my 1983 all over again. You young guys ask what 1983 was, well that's when Star Wars went to the back burner and GI Joe became my new poison!

Ever since I traded a Bazooka body for a Baroness with a member here, I've been working on Joe customs. I've customized several figures, and am currently working on an Apache Dragonfly custom and a 30th 2 seater Skystriker custom. So, needless to say I've been hanging out in Joe forums like Hisstank and such.

Jason

Offline RebelScum1138

• Ensign
  • Come to the Dark Side! (we have cookies!)
« Reply #577 on: April 17, 2013, 03:27:27 PM »
Wow ur amazing. All your work is great! ;D ;D

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #578 on: April 18, 2013, 08:52:16 AM »
Jason, great to hear from you! Yea the times they are a changin! Good to hear you have been working on Joe customs! I really like working with those bodies. You need to get back in here and post those too, we love Joe customs here too!

Rebelscum1138, thanks for the kind words my friend. Glad you have enjoyed my thread here.

Offline PrimitiveTodd

• Ensign
« Reply #579 on: April 25, 2013, 08:11:50 AM »
Simply amazing work!

Offline Tankster

• Commander
« Reply #580 on: June 21, 2013, 03:58:53 AM »
Sorry to leave everyone hanging on my vehicle progress. Sadly there has been none. I really need to find a way to harness my creativity. I have a huge problem with getting too many ideas. I have to start on the project to get things worked out in my head, then I shelve it. I need to make myself finish these projects and not start new ones until the last one is done. As for the Sail Barge, I will get back on it one day. It was for the project Jules, Nate and I were working on. Since our writer, Nate, has pretty much left the hobby, for reasons he can not control, I have lost interest. I love the vehicle but it has no use now, would love to finish it one day. I poured a ton of time and greeblies into. I am also under a lot of stress with my work. Trying to find ways to do things cheaper and make a living are the struggles this economy has brought me. I am doing more commissions now, again needing to bring some money in, and I really don't post those. They have all been remakes of characters I made before, so again nothing new. I simply have not had enough time to get in the forums either. I am still here, still creating, just not as prolific as I once was. Oh times, they are, a changing...

hang in there Spry I concur on a lot of your reasoning as I too feel the strain a lot

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Luke Sprywalker Custom Vehicles Updated 7-29 New Vehicle!
« Reply #581 on: July 29, 2013, 04:54:43 AM »
Thanks for all the comments guys. As I said, my free time is slim to none these days but I have finally cranked out a new custom Swoop Bike. This vehicle started out as a SOTE swoop bike and was combined with a Warhammer tank. Richard Whipple, aka Ratfink Customs, built the vehicle and was willing to trade with me so she is now mine. I added the Astromech dome and a few other greeblies to spiffy it up a bit then went to work on the painting. I wanted it to look like an old racing bike like a cross between a pod racer and a swoop. I also wanted the origiinal red from the swoop and the orange that Richard painted to show thru as old paint layers. I also sculpted a new seat for this ride. This one has taken a while but been lots of fun! Here is the final result.

DSC_0001 by Luke Sprywalker, on Flickr

DSC_0002 by Luke Sprywalker, on Flickr

DSC_0003 by Luke Sprywalker, on Flickr

DSC_0005 by Luke Sprywalker, on Flickr

DSC_0006 by Luke Sprywalker, on Flickr

DSC_0007 by Luke Sprywalker, on Flickr

DSC_0008 by Luke Sprywalker, on Flickr

DSC_0009 by Luke Sprywalker, on Flickr

DSC_0010 by Luke Sprywalker, on Flickr

DSC_0010 by Luke Sprywalker, on Flickr

DSC_0012 by Luke Sprywalker, on Flickr

DSC_0013 by Luke Sprywalker, on Flickr

DSC_0014 by Luke Sprywalker, on Flickr

DSC_0015 by Luke Sprywalker, on Flickr

DSC_0016 by Luke Sprywalker, on Flickr

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Luke Sprywalker Custom Vehicles Updated 29 New Vehicle!
« Reply #582 on: July 29, 2013, 11:42:58 AM »
Spry, I am a loss to describe this awesomeness. Dude, this has got to get the Norris Tretch Seal of Approval. One of your best works. Flawless on all levels. Of course I am sharing this from the rooftops. You have got to be pleased.

A new Mando to go with this or just a back up bike for Norris?

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #583 on: July 29, 2013, 11:56:19 AM »
looks superb L.E. love how you've managed to capture the ageing process perfectly here making the vehicle seem totally believable
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline XTS_Operative

• Ensign
« Reply #584 on: July 29, 2013, 12:31:41 PM »
Whoa! Nice swoop.