Author Topic: Luke Sprywalker's Custom Action Figures from 2009-2012  (Read 225194 times)

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
Re: Luke Sprywalker Customs
« Reply #285 on: March 28, 2010, 01:49:56 PM »
Quite cool I would think and something that would put this figure over the edge, seeing that's the time period your looking for I think.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #286 on: March 28, 2010, 02:10:37 PM »
 :o

that is AWESOME.  I couldn't have done a better mando myself.  seriously, that is 100% original awesomeness.  The parts choices, head sculpt, paint apps, everything ROCKS HARD. 

I love those feet, been wanting to use a similar set for a mando custom just havn't found the right one to use them one yet! realy awesome.  I love it.

What did you use for the knee joints?  are those RAH legs? the knee joint doesn't look like a traditional 25th or ROC double knee joint... other than those parts I recognize pretty much the entire recipee, and I realy like the choices of parts that you made.

As for the helmet, definately go with a traditional mando bucket.  I like the idea of using a different rangefinder.  OR put a visor on the helmet, I did that with one of my mandos and it made the helmet look way different than normal boba helm. 

I can't get over how awesome the paint apps are on this one btw, trully awesome. 

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #287 on: March 28, 2010, 02:42:32 PM »
Thanks for the great feed back guys. Micheal I see what you are saying about the Joe helmet and I do like the Fett bucket. I think I will mod it as everyone is suggesting. I just finished greeblieing the swoop a bit and have a black base coat on it.

Spud - thanks and the upper legs I am pretty sure are from Major Brud...SP? The knee joint is from Destro just like the lower legs.

Clint - good idea, that would make a cool mando helmet.

Here is a WIP pic...

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #288 on: March 28, 2010, 02:58:14 PM »
AHA... yeah, in the WIP stage I can definately make out the recipee alot easier.  That swoop bike is going to be sweet. Is that one of those skyhawk toys?  I might have to get me one of those after seeing this! 

Offline EliteVideoCore

• The customizer from the north!
  • Lieutenant
  • I am EliteVideoCore in the chatroom
« Reply #289 on: March 28, 2010, 02:58:35 PM »
If i could suggest..... The Mando helmet is my preferred choice but you may want to bulk up the shoulders because I found the neck looked a tad long but I love the overall look! Great job!!!!!

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #290 on: March 28, 2010, 03:14:42 PM »
its Dark Aces skybike from the "Stormhawks"
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #291 on: March 28, 2010, 05:19:00 PM »
L.E., that is absolutely AWESOME!  You DEFINITELY have to go with the Mando helmet.  Simply amazing.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #292 on: March 29, 2010, 05:59:54 AM »
Yes as Jay pointed out it is a Storm Hawk's bike. Thanks for all the great feedback guys. I went through my helmet bin yesterday and came up with this helmet mod so far. It just needs a little more dremeling to sit lower on the mando bucket. I don't think I have ever seen this helmet mod done before. Let me know what you think about it...

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
« Reply #293 on: March 29, 2010, 06:32:33 AM »
reaaly nice men! :)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #294 on: March 29, 2010, 06:53:16 AM »
hmmm..... good effort..... and I dont think I've ever seen anything like that.... but I don't care for the boush helmet top on the mando bucket, the styles are too crazy different.   It might grow on me, but at first glance I just am not feeling it.  :(  I hate to be so blatantly honest, but it is realy too obvious what you did to splice them together. 

perhaps if you added the front mouthpiece of the boushh helmet to the front of the mando bucket as well? 

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #295 on: March 29, 2010, 06:57:36 AM »
Luke...Love the latest creation, even the helment set up. I always loive seeing your images as I always look for clues on how you have painted your figures. I love the colours on this one especially.

Superb job.

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #296 on: March 29, 2010, 06:58:04 AM »
Yeah, the Boush Helmet doesn't fit in but the rest of  it is awesome.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #297 on: March 29, 2010, 07:44:15 AM »
Jules - thanks buddy, I think the helmet needs further developement as it looked OK at 11:30 last night but as my son Dylan said it is kinda funny looking. He said "He lookes like a Mandolorian golfer. You know those guys that wear the funny wedge shaped hats on their head."    Priceless!  As far as paint on this one I gave everything a black base coat then dry brushed every color from there. The armor got some silver first then dry brush of whatever color after that. some pieces show wear from where it was once brownish red but he painted it green over that.

Mike and Spud - once I uploaded and posted the pics I started on another helmet. I like this idea but just too simple and obvious. Spud never apologize for being honest. I want the creative criticism that is why I am here. I want honesty not smoke blown up my....well you know. So thanks for pointing out it could be better. I like the idea of adding the mouthpiece to the helmet and might work on that later.

Here is what I just got done making...

Offline Mando Commando

• The Vintage Collector
  • Commander
  • Uttini!
« Reply #298 on: March 29, 2010, 07:47:10 AM »
Nice custom! bbfet

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel