Author Topic: Luke Sprywalker's Custom Action Figures from 2009-2012  (Read 225170 times)

Offline EliteVideoCore

• The customizer from the north!
  • Lieutenant
  • I am EliteVideoCore in the chatroom
Re: Luke Sprywalker Customs
« Reply #255 on: February 27, 2010, 07:10:46 AM »
LOOK AT ALL THOSE B.A.D. PARTS! :o COOL STUFF, MAH FRIEND....

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #256 on: March 05, 2010, 06:28:56 AM »
Last post on the bottom of the first page, time for an update. Amongst 12 other ideas I am currently focusing on making/updating the members of Rogue Squadron from the comic series. Most of this group became Red Squadrom that led the attack on the Death Star with Luke Skywalker. First up is Jek Porkins, man I wish Hasbro would update this figure but here he is with his R5 astromech droid. The droid still needs a few touch ups and I think I will weather it with a grey wash. Droids are so hard to paint! I have been back and forth with blue then white on the front upper panels 4 times. The paint is starting to get thick and is making me less than happy at the moment. Oh well here is a WIP pic...

This is a figure I made years ago and for the life of me I can't think of his name. I need to get my comics out and refresh the memory. He will be updated with the new body beside him.

Not in Rogue Squadron but I will also update Arvill at the same time with a new body.

I will also be making versions of the character from RS in there casual attire as well. More pics soon.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #257 on: March 05, 2010, 11:01:48 AM »
I like it! On our front page. I don't know what you mean by being in progress, but I think it looks sweet myself.

Offline darth neo

• Lieutenant
« Reply #258 on: March 05, 2010, 01:50:23 PM »
that looks great and if you ever have a spare lke skwr around paint his hair black with a black goatee  and a scar on his cheek his name will be drelian vorkor hes a he is beige squadrons leader and just do a black line on his head or something  just a idea for expansions  ;D ill paint up the droid  ;)

Offline lambonspit

• Custom Vehicle Mistro!!
  • Lieutenant
  • "Execute Order 66"
    • lambonspit reviews and customs
« Reply #259 on: March 05, 2010, 04:19:51 PM »
Looking good. I feel your pain with painting the droid. I'm doing my third layer of black to cover up all my mistakes.....give me a vehicle or clone any day!!

Gun, Trigger, Pull

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
« Reply #260 on: March 05, 2010, 09:12:52 PM »
I think your Bald Guy with the Mustash is supposed to be Horton Salm, not a bad likeness actually and he will look much better on the newer body with your great painting skills.  How do you plan on doing the Green on the Newer Red B-Wing pilot, would it not be easier to do it on a B-Wing Pilot Ten Numb white outfit.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #261 on: March 06, 2010, 05:08:26 AM »
Outstanding work, LE! This looks like a fun to do project!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #262 on: March 06, 2010, 05:57:50 AM »
Michael, exelent idea. I have 3 of tose guys and it will be much easier to apply the green to white. Why didn't I think of that?

Thanks Clint. I painted up another droid yesterday and should have more pics soon.

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
« Reply #263 on: March 06, 2010, 09:00:24 AM »
That's ok sometime we overlook the simplest route to get the fiigures made we want after all it took me three attempts before I got the Jaxxon I wanted and that's one of the simplest kit bashes going.

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #264 on: March 07, 2010, 05:55:44 AM »
Wow, Rogue squadron would make an iconic set of figures...I love the images posted on the last page and I expect great things from you LS as you never cease to produce customs of the highest quality.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #265 on: March 08, 2010, 08:56:11 PM »
Jules - thanks buddy. I did this years ago but with all these awesome new sculpts for pilots I have been collecting base figures for the last few months. Now I am ready to put them all together. I guess I could snap more pics of the old versions of the Rogues. I am still kinda proud of my Kapp Dendo figure from yesteryear.

Micheal - I hear you buddy and thanks for the correct ID/rattling my bird cage. Indeed he is Horton Salm and I plan on getting Clint to cast me 2 more of these heads. I have used 3-4 of them on OT characters and other customs.

On with the show! Up  next is Nrin Vakil with his new R2 unit. I could not find any reference on his droid while serving with Rogue Squadron so I made him one with a white and red paint scheme. Any advice on naming him would be great or if anyone has more info please share...

Offline lambonspit

• Custom Vehicle Mistro!!
  • Lieutenant
  • "Execute Order 66"
    • lambonspit reviews and customs
« Reply #266 on: March 08, 2010, 09:42:16 PM »
Nice, really liking the droid and the quarren pilot. Did you detail his head and hands any further coz their looking really good.

Gun, Trigger, Pull

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #267 on: March 09, 2010, 03:18:49 AM »
excellent work on the droid LE  both look great
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline night force cynic

• Captain
« Reply #268 on: March 09, 2010, 04:37:11 AM »
that box 'o droids is awesome.  It's funny, I see that and I start to wonder if there's a random box of droids and droid parts around in every room of Wraithnine's house just in case a custom idea hits him he has some droids to look through.   :)     I've got hobby stuff in couple places in my house too.  lol

This is a figure I made years ago and for the life of me I can't think of his name. I need to get my comics out and refresh the memory. He will be updated with the new body beside him.
hell yes!  I don't know the chracter but I love the green color, I suddenly want to make a pilot like that...   I can't wait to see the pictures of the new custom

Not in Rogue Squadron but I will also update Arvill at the same time with a new body.
yeah he definitely needs the update, I'm looking forward to seeing that. 

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #269 on: March 09, 2010, 03:25:12 PM »
Thanks guys and yes I did a red wash to bring out the texture of the skin.  The droid is the white and orange one that comes with Greivous in the 2 pack. I painted the orange details red.