Author Topic: Luke Sprywalker's Custom Action Figures from 2009-2012  (Read 225193 times)

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
Re: Luke Sprywalker Customs
« Reply #150 on: November 04, 2009, 06:38:11 PM »
He is kind of the way i envisioned IG-76 or whatever he was... with a different head.
He was one of the IG series droids activated by IG-88A when he became sentient and activated the other 3 IG-88B,C,and D and killed all life where they were...
Great looking stuff... you are definitely on a roll and have earned the seal of approval.
And not to thread jack you, but I finally got some decent paints too... MM in about 9 colors... so now maybe I can try some actual customizing soon...

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #151 on: November 04, 2009, 07:09:42 PM »
DRS, Yes I read about that as well. I didn't think about connecting him with IG-76. He is kind of tall as is so the IG series head would be a bit much. There will be a group pic soon. Good to hear you have the good paint to work with, now let's see some customs.

110 Clones, thanks man!

Tamer thanks, and yes the paint does make a difference. It seems to stuck to the figures better as well.

Sarge I appreciate it. Sounds like a lot of are using MM paints, they are good.

Today I needed to drill a hole through the shoulders of another droid. My drill was out at my shop and I just put a bit in the dremmel and drilled it. The figure slipped out of my fingers and started spinning. I turned it off as the figure flew apart all over the office. The torso was on the bit so I had that, next I searched my junky desk and found the legs. Searched my wifes desk beside mine nothing, then looked on top of the upper cabinets and found the screw holding the chest on the torso. Still no head, the one thing I can't replace. It was the 80's Swoop trooper head. I have looked through about everything and cleaned half the office, still no luck. Man this sucks, i had a cool new droid together and now I am about done painting it and still no head. Lesson learned, walk out to the shop and get the right tool to do the job. I could have better controlled the speed with the cordless drill and would have never lost anything. wah wah wahhhhh

I have a few pics but was waiting to find the head of pick/build another as I want an original looking head to finish it off.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #152 on: November 04, 2009, 07:45:26 PM »
Damn, LE, that latest droid really looks good. I mean, it does indeed look perfect to me. you have really outdone yourself this time. I am really impressed with your paintjob. I see that you are liking your MM paint. I am using it more now than my other favorite, Polly s.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #153 on: November 04, 2009, 08:23:34 PM »
LE... I think I have at least two extra swoop troopers if you'd like one of them pm and we'll work something out.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #154 on: November 05, 2009, 05:04:48 AM »
Thanks so much Spud. Pm on the way! I looked more last night, this is driving me crazy! Still no luck.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #155 on: November 06, 2009, 10:56:26 AM »
Ok Spud is going to help me out with the helmet that ran away, but I am kind of impatient. So last night I picked a new head from the bin and went to work. Here is my next assasin droid. Sten, any great ideas for a name on this one?

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
Re: Space Balls...the action figures
« Reply #156 on: November 06, 2009, 01:24:52 PM »
for tiny drill bits go to wall-mart or lowes and look with the dremel stuff, they'll have super small drill bits for the dremel... of course, they may not fit in your hand drill....

you can also look at GW, devin, those hand drills, if they are the same ones GW sells, have very brittle bits.

*GW is gamesworkshop

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #157 on: November 06, 2009, 03:29:45 PM »
Another cool assassin droid! Very nice indeed. What's the recipie this time?

Offline r1bb1t

• Custom Fanatic
  • Captain
« Reply #158 on: November 06, 2009, 05:32:09 PM »
Now that's what I call 'lip smackin good!' That's some fine ingredients, Louis. Nothing bitter about it, cause all I taste is sweet.
Damn fine job, bro. Damn fine.

MY HOTH DIO VIDEO WIP
feature=share

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #159 on: November 07, 2009, 08:27:07 AM »
Thanks guys. This one features an old GI Joe head, not sure of the name. IG-86 upper torso with various greeblies added, CZ droid pelvis and legs, 4 LOAM legs and feet. You can see in the pic below all I needed was a screw to hold everything together and retain full articulation.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #160 on: November 07, 2009, 08:29:10 AM »
I can't seem to keep you off the front page Spry, nice work. I just get amazed daily by all the new customs that seem to pop up here.

Offline 110clones

• IT'S A TRAP!!!
  • Commodore
  • IT'S A TRAP!!!
« Reply #161 on: November 07, 2009, 09:51:20 AM »
just awesome

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #162 on: November 07, 2009, 12:15:55 PM »
Group pic...

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #163 on: November 07, 2009, 02:25:12 PM »
Wow, don't want those machines hunting me down, LS. Excellent work, and what a great way to connect those different parts. Clever thinking!

The one on the right's my favourite, that McQ Boba helmet looks just right on that body  8)

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #164 on: November 07, 2009, 02:26:39 PM »
They both look great, the greenish one's helmet really reminds me off Fallout 3 for some reason.  As Incom stated the Mc Fett helmet fits perfectly.