Author Topic: Luke Sprywalker's Custom Action Figures from 2009-2012  (Read 225228 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Luke Sprywalker Customs Updated 7-7 For Micheal Martinez Contest!
« Reply #1050 on: July 08, 2011, 08:57:56 AM »
Wow L.E. I am gobsmacked!

On the front page.

Offline IMPURGE

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1051 on: July 08, 2011, 09:31:49 AM »
holy  :-X that is freaking awesome, can definately tell the Zack influence as that's what got my attention when i first previews.  the use parts is fantastic.  I recognize some parts but i'd love to know how many different figures u hade to take from to get him.

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #1052 on: July 08, 2011, 12:42:50 PM »
LE,

You are already an accomplished customiser so I have cast a very critical eye over this custom and quite honestly I am very, very impressed. Though your previous work has been truly excellent (you know I am a fan of your work), this custom piece is a step up from anything I've seen you create before.

The dusty weathering makes the figure look spot on realistic, and the selection of parts has created a really dark and menacing figure. It's a cross between a Wolfenstein figure and a Sadarkar soldier from the Dune movie.

I'm glad to have played some part in the process!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #1053 on: July 08, 2011, 03:57:56 PM »
Spry this lastedt figure and base are totally awesome.  The figure and parts you used work amazingly with each other to create a brillant looking figure.

The base is another awesome looking piece the way you have done the rubble and the wall is what you would see in around a destoyed building. I also like the colour tones you have done also subtle but with enough wethering to make teh whole thing stand out.

Ron

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1054 on: July 08, 2011, 05:00:11 PM »
My friends thanks so much for the kind words. Stefan that is such a big compliment coming from such a great artist, I am honored. Jay, I agreeand there are several other verses that one could see an influence from. Thanks spooky! Just what I was going for. Glad you like it Brian and yea, I put a lot of thought into this guy. I have a few other things like this as wip's so don't worry Tom more will come but I also starting a vehicle that is pretty involved. Yea that FAV custom of yours would be perfect and feel free to post it here or in your thread either way. I for one would love to see it again and it will spark some new interest in that great figure. JM glad you like it and that all the influences have shown thru. Shawn, haha I love it when that happens! Impurge, I am on the run at the moment so I will get back to you on the parts list, it is not as long as the accessaries list and time put into the little details. Jules, you are too kind my friend. If only everyone knew I send you custom figures with $20 bills around them instead of bubble wrap so you will leave me comments like this...oops. Ron, I am honored to get your seal of aproval as I am simply making an attempt to immitate what you do. I don't quite have the eye to masterfully cut a cross section out of any environment as you do but I hope the more I try the closer I can get. I do end up with more loose litter that I dump off after everything sets for about 30 hours. I coat it in multiple layers of wood glue. Do you mix plaster and glue to go over the kitty litter? Also when I coated the wall with glue i sifted sand on it and the puddles of glue I made up front. I have not painted anything yet.

Offline SITHHAPPENS

• I LOVE IT WHEN A CUSTOM COMES TOGETHER!
  • Major
    • sanitariumcustoms.blogspot.com
« Reply #1055 on: July 08, 2011, 05:16:57 PM »
that is breathtaking awesome job le

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1056 on: July 09, 2011, 06:25:31 AM »
Thanks man! I just noticed I never started a second thread when I went over 50 pages...guess I am in trouble. >:D

Offline sith_fire30

• Lieutenant
    • Sith_fire30 Creations
« Reply #1057 on: July 09, 2011, 02:06:41 PM »
I can just take a glimpse of the figure and know he wouldn't be someone I would want to tanngle with!   The mask if fantastic!  Total badass Luke!!! - great work on all you do!

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #1058 on: July 10, 2011, 11:55:39 AM »
Knock me over with a feather!!  Definitely works as a SW:A baddie and yes, that Fallout fig would find a brother in this one, for sure.  And yeah - the accessories list is unbelievable.  I can see a W40K space marine jetpack, a sniper rifle from ROC General Hawk, gasmask from (pick one) Pit Commando/Beachhead?/Cobra Shock Trooper, (whic was then glued to a Gal.Marine helmet?), sledgehammer from a Neo-Viper, backpack from a Sandtrooper, hoses from (I think?) a 25th Paraviper...  and on and on and on...

Art was looking for customs to manipulate that are sci-fi but not obviously SW, right?  I'd say this one fits the criteria!

Offline clone10

• Brigadier
« Reply #1059 on: July 10, 2011, 02:38:21 PM »
Awesome custom man  :o :o :o

Offline lucasclones_strikes_back

• Clone Commander
  • Commander
  • THe skill and creativity of a 12 year old!
« Reply #1060 on: July 10, 2011, 03:41:29 PM »
That is totally Freakin Awesome Dood  :o

I maybe little but i make one shot and one kill... At a cool custom-one more thing ITSA TRAP!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1061 on: July 11, 2011, 07:05:39 PM »
Dayton, I take that as a great compliment as you are one of my favorite artist. I study your work all the time and hope one day to have the patients to do more sculpting.

Michael thanks, glad you like the look of what will be a series of figures. You have a great eye my friend and have nailed most everything you listed. Only thing that is hard to see is the 40K backpack is mounted on a CW backpack that came with many figures. I did some sculpting where the packs attach.

The upper torso and lower legs are from Resolute Duke.
Lower torso, skirt and upper legs are POC Storm Shadow.
The upper arms are from POC Viper.
Lower arms were from my Joe fodder bin.
Packs are from 40K and Joe. Knife sheath is from a Stormtrooper belt.

I think that combined with Doc's list is everything.

Clone 10 and LCSB thanks so much guys!

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #1062 on: July 11, 2011, 10:00:31 PM »
Art was looking for customs to manipulate that are sci-fi but not obviously SW, right?  I'd say this one fits the criteria!

absolutly right!! :)

Offline halnarthax87

• Non-Canonical Legend
  • Commander
« Reply #1063 on: July 12, 2011, 12:19:14 PM »
Super badass. Looks very steampunk Star Wars. The one red eye is always a nice touch on sci-fi villains. ie "What are you doing Dave?"  ;D
The exploits of my life are less canonical than they are legendary.

-H.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Luke Sprywalker Customs Updated 7-13 Micheal Martinez Contest part 2!!
« Reply #1064 on: July 13, 2011, 07:56:54 PM »
Thanks for the comments guys and Art I do remember you asking about subjects that were not totally SW so feel free to give my designs your touch if you want to. These guys will become part of a much bigger project. That being said I have some new photos for you to ponder while I am out of town tomorrow. I sure hope to be home in time for CAFN so I can pester a few people. haha So I am going with the same style for now and hope these guys kind of fit together. Going for my own look with previously listed influences duely noted.

I am thinking about adding something around the neck of the guy with the CC head. Also thinking about adding a helmet to the Crock Master head but dont want the typical army helmet look. Still refining the design on both of these two. If anyone has ideas to offer feel free to throw them out.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 08:12:16 PM by Luke Sprywalker »