Author Topic: Goldleaderone's Custom Vehicles  (Read 77290 times)

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
  • Proud member of Red Sox Nation
    • Star Wars Reviews
Re: Goldleaderone's Custom Vehicles
« Reply #300 on: August 03, 2015, 11:11:34 AM »
I agree that its a bit on the small side. However I'm very happy with it and definitely recommend it. I've always been a fan of this design. Now if they made a TIE Advance/Avenger model.

I went to Home Depot today with a friend to get some plexiglass for my Action Fleet shelves. Hopefully tomorrow he's coming over to help put them up. We bought hinges and everything, and I'll get pictures up when they're done. While I was there I picked up a small pvc pipe for my TIE Droid resin kit. I thought about drilling a hole in the bottom for a stand, but didn't want to run the risk of ruining it. The pipe was like 50 cents. Here's a quick look, and I plan on spraying it black so it matches the other AF stands.
"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #301 on: August 03, 2015, 02:30:51 PM »
... And done! The black definitely looks better.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #302 on: September 13, 2015, 03:54:46 PM »
I recently picked up the Outrider from the X-wing Miniatures game set. While it looks cool, I have no interest in playing this game but have found the ships to have some awesome detail. The only area lacking was the engine. As you can see, its black so it definitely looks bland. I took some ice blue paint from games workshop paints and touched it up, giving it some "engine glow" color. The Micro Machines and titanium versions of the Outrider have a light blue color on the engine, so seeing this not have any color seemed out of place. It's very minor, but it definitely makes it stand out a bit more I think.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #303 on: September 13, 2015, 04:12:38 PM »
  Yeah those star wars miniatures are really nice. I picked up a few x-wings Y-wings ect. they're all the same scale 1/280, except for the large ships. Great job making the "Engine glow"!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #304 on: September 14, 2015, 02:30:24 AM »
I like it. Off to share.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #305 on: January 11, 2016, 12:38:37 PM »
"Chewie... we're home."

This is my custom Action Fleet Millennium Falcon from The Force Awakens. Not much was done but sometimes its the simplest things that make it. The radar dish is from the new Micro Machines Falcon playset that transforms into Jakku. I got some pliers and easily pulled out the old dish. The new dish was a perfect fit. No modifications to Chewie, but I painted Han's hair gray and painted over the yellow stripes on his pants black.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #306 on: January 11, 2016, 01:30:55 PM »
That's a great idea making an Action Fleet TFA Falcon, and using the MM dish. Looks great! They really need to make AF again. The market is starved for new vehicles.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #307 on: January 12, 2016, 03:17:03 AM »
This is great! I so miss AF. Off to share.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #308 on: February 28, 2016, 10:55:51 AM »
I've finally done more work with my First Order TIE Fighter. My deadline for this was before TFA was released but that didn't happen lol. This was my 3rd attempt and it looks like I got it down this time. What I did this time was I sprayed it with a gray primer, as the panels would be left gray. The biggest hassle came next, I taped over all the panels and sprayed it with a black primer. I had a spare cockpit window that I placed over the TIE's cockpit so it wouldn't get hit with paint. Lastly I peeled off the tape, all I have to do now is some touch-ups where the tape overlapped.

And in keeping up with the Galoob Action Fleets of 2 figures per ship, the figures for my custom will be a TIE Pilot and General Hux. For Hux I used an Action Fleet Imperial Officer figure from the Classic Duels Falcon vs. TIE Interceptor set, the officer with the suitcase. I removed the suitcase and super-glued a cape from a Vader figure. Here's a quick look.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #309 on: February 29, 2016, 03:55:49 AM »
Looks good. Off to share.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #310 on: March 09, 2016, 09:19:00 PM »
I've had this on the back burner since the middle of last summer. I've finally completed my custom Action Fleet First Order TIE Fighter from The Force Awakens.

The two figures included are a First Order TIE Pilot and General Hux.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 09:23:38 PM by Goldleaderone »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #311 on: March 10, 2016, 03:22:15 AM »
Looks great to me. Off to share in the usual places.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #312 on: May 26, 2016, 04:12:15 PM »
I recently picked up the Micro Machines Falcon playset that transforms into Jakku. I got it for $11 on clearance at Walmart. With how cheap it is I figured I'd use it for custom purposes. Just trying to test weathering it, giving it a battle worn look. I just did a simple dry brush with black and added in some silver marks as a blast effect.

Just wanted to get some opinions on how it looks. Constructive criticism is welcomed as this is my first time doing this so just looking to get all the help I can. Thanks!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #313 on: May 27, 2016, 02:31:25 AM »
Looks pretty good to me. Off to share.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #314 on: June 14, 2016, 07:35:19 PM »
I did some more work on my custom TFA Millennium Falcon tonight. With testing my weathering skills on the Falcon/Jakku Micro Machines playset, I wanted to give it a go on the Action Fleet version. I used the Galoob Falcon, as I thought the Saga 2002 Falcon from Hasbro was too dark. This way I can weather it until I feel its the right amount.

I weathered it and dry brushed the ship with some black paint. I went darker at the back of the ship on top, towards the engine. In TFA there's a few shots on Jakku where the same area is quite dark. I weathered the rest of the ship just enough so it's noticeable, with the front and underside a bit darker then the rest of the ship. I also added in blast effects towards the front of the ship and near the new sensor dish. I dry bushed those areas with black and made the area bigger, and also added in some silver for the blast effects. Lastly I painted in 3 small circles, on both sides of the top laser cannon dark gray, just to give it a bit more detail.

I would like to dry brush the top at least once more. I thought I wouldn't be happy with it but I'm actually pretty pleased with how it turned out. I just need a Finn and Rey and I can officially close the book on this custom.

Bottom

First blast effect

Second blast effect

Galoob/Hasbro/TFA custom