Author Topic: What are you reading now?  (Read 40483 times)

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
Re: What are you reading now?
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2008, 02:29:43 PM »
Shawn, It's not a bad read just not what I expected or wanted really, but it was OK.

I have just started Millenium Falcon, I just am anxious for the next series to begin, April sure feels like a long way off.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2008, 04:49:25 AM »
Wayne do I even get a semi happy ending?

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2008, 12:37:28 PM »
I will just say you need to read it. It's not bad, just incomplete

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2008, 06:00:46 AM »
Ok, I will get this and read it. I guess I should realize they won't tie off everything. They want to write more books!

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2008, 06:06:57 AM »
Plus with reading, it leaves so much for the reader to paint in your minds eye, that everyone has a slighlty differnt interpitation of how the story should flow. It's best to take others input with a grain of salt sometimes and let the storyas you see it be your deciding factor.

On with Millenium Falcon, I am 1/4 of teh way done and I find it a good filler piece so far, I am curious as to where some of the subplots are going, so it is holding my attention. I still can't wait til the next large series starts.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2008, 09:44:12 AM »
I am kinda split so far on Karen Traviss or whatever her name is. She has some good points and some bad points. I think she does better with the action sequences than she does with the relationship stuff!

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2008, 04:43:31 PM »
I am 5 chapters into Death Star,  looks like it will be an intertwined story line, some what slow at first but hopefully it will  pick up with out ending to quickly.

I like some of these single book stories but I am waiting for the next multi novel storyline to start.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2008, 04:42:34 AM »
I was left a little disappointed with Invincible, but I now want to read order sixty six. I am thinking though that the ending will leave me ticked off so I am not in a hurry to find it. I will wait till I see it for a good hardbound or paper back price. I am also wondering if the new milenium falcon book is gonna be worth a read. I guess it is kinda a story right after Invincible and doesn't involve the fate of the universe hanging in the balance, but just gives a back story to the falcon and sounds like a good ole fashion treasure hunt.

Offline Darth Caedus

• Commander
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2008, 08:49:45 PM »
i got millenium falcon for christmas but i havent started reading it yet. from what i have heard it bridges the gap to the next multi-book story.

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2009, 07:18:59 PM »
i ussually wait for the comics to be released in a graphic novel. i have lots of the older ones from 2000 to 2004 in 4 issue limited series runs. and am gradually getting the rest in graphic novel as i find good deals.
just about every star wars novel released i have read. i was so happy when they released the darth bane books and now am waiting for the third installment.
i absolutely loved and would recommend the republic commando books and cant wait for the new one,  imperial commando 501st.
i liked the new jedi order  series of books, but threw the book when they killed chewie by dropping sernpidal on his head. didnt read the book for 2 days and it is about the only one i have never re-r ead. i cursed anakin solo that day. i was sad when anakin died, but it was the least he could do in memory of chewie.
i enjoyed the swarm war series, but was happy it was a short series.
i enjoyed the legacy of the jedi series. especially the mandos and our clone friends and ol' jusik'a. and boba fett. the ol'  barve' himself.
i liked the coruscant nights sreies and even re read them once. nice back story for vader and bits from xiszor, aside from comics info. hard to keep tabs on all the continuity from one series and publisher to the next, but very enjoyable reads.
early this month i picked up the first book of the new fate of the jedi series. outcast is a fair first novel for a series. keeps you wanting more and having to wait for it too.
i am still trying to get the entire x-wing series so i can read them again. they are the only ones i still need to re-read.
last week i re read the first book of the bounty hunter wars trilogy. got to love any story with boba fett.
i really havent read any of the young reader star wars books, but have a feeling i will have to get them sooner or later as my children learn how to read better. they are only 4 and 6 so i might have a year or two.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2009, 09:41:32 AM »
Check out the front page for a link to the new Dark Horse online comic setting up the Vong invasion. I haven't been able to get it to load yet, but maybe one of you can!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2009, 10:02:15 AM »
Check out the front page for a link to the new Dark Horse online comic setting up the Vong invasion. I haven't been able to get it to load yet, but maybe one of you can!
Nice FP story. I'm getting a "requested page not found" message on the Starwars.com link, though.

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2009, 07:15:07 PM »
Just finished " No Prisoners" and was a little disappointed.
it was a good read. it  took me about 2 days, read in 4 sittings.
it gave a little insight into certain characters, and their relationships, but also left more unanswered questions.
it contained a few new characters and a few older characters(as their younger selves) and expanded relationships and associations only hinted at and later forgotten.
overall a good story and worth reading, in my opinion.

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2009, 12:23:22 AM »
A newspaper....... ;D

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2009, 04:57:07 AM »
I just finished Order 66 a few weeks ago and am currently reading (well viewing for the most part), SW inredible cross sections. I am telling you those things are so detailed you could spend hours on each drawing.  I had in my hand one of the new Fate of the Jedi books, but put it back. I haven't heard too many good reviews of this series so far so I am waiting for you guys to pick some up and let me know if they are good reads. I guess the new one Omen is number four on the bestseller lists.  :P