Author Topic: What are you reading now?  (Read 40545 times)

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
Re: What are you reading now?
« Reply #225 on: May 31, 2012, 11:04:26 PM »
It seems to me the Star Wars paperbacks are taking forever to come out so i've been reading the Game Of Thrones books. I am waiting for Darth Plageus in paperback though. A good Star Wars jumps ahead of the rest.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #226 on: June 01, 2012, 05:58:14 AM »
I hope to get that same book on paperback too. Might just break down and get the hardback version.

I do have a few Zombie books coming Z.A. Recht and a couple new authors. I also have another Star Carrier book coming in from Ian Douglas. If like military Sci Fi this guy is a good author too.

My favorite sci fi author was John Ringo and his Posleen War Series, but now he is caught up in other things and to be honest seems pretty arogant when fans ask about more Posleen War Series books so I may have to get a new favorite author.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #227 on: June 01, 2012, 06:50:22 PM »
There are a couple of Star Wars books that I'm waiting to come out on paperback, like Darth Plageus, and another new one by Timothy Zahn which looked real good.

On a complete different note, I recently finished "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter."  I have to say, it was quite good!  As a history buff, I know a lot of Lincoln's actual history, and the fact that they took real events and meshed them very carefully with vampires came to be a great read.  I cannot WAIT for the movie to hit now!

Offline Mandalore the skepsis

• A simple man
  • Colonel
« Reply #228 on: June 01, 2012, 10:38:01 PM »
There are a couple of Star Wars books that I'm waiting to come out on paperback, like Darth Plageus, and another new one by Timothy Zahn which looked real good.

On a complete different note, I recently finished "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter."  I have to say, it was quite good!  As a history buff, I know a lot of Lincoln's actual history, and the fact that they took real events and meshed them very carefully with vampires came to be a great read.  I cannot WAIT for the movie to hit now!

Im reading vampire hunter too. It is really good so far.

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #229 on: June 08, 2012, 01:29:31 AM »
I just seen the trailer to Abe Lincoln at the Prometheus midnight showing. It looks better than it sounds. I just started reading Red Harvest. I still think Star Wars and Zombies shouldn't mix. My appreciation of zombie stuff has gone up since I started watching The Walking Dead, but there's too much cool stuff left in Star Wars that the zombies should be kept to a minimum. 

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #230 on: June 08, 2012, 05:25:56 AM »
You know Mike I had the same impression when I first read the synopsis of Death Troopers, but after reading Death Troopers and Red Harvest I have to say they fit pretty well. To each his own though and the SW Verse is so vast and varied who knows what else we will see. Its probably only a matter of time till we see Lycans and Vampires.

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #231 on: June 11, 2012, 05:41:13 PM »
I liked Death Troopers too, and i'm about halfway through Red Harvest and love it so far. With the whole Clone Wars zombie stuff (Zombie Geonosians) , the Old Republic's Rakghouls, and now books it's just a bit much.
To each their own. Personally, I cannot get enough of Jedi, Sith, and Stormtroopers!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #232 on: June 12, 2012, 03:21:28 AM »
I hear that too Mike.

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
  • Some people just wanna watch the world burn
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/83627924@N02/
« Reply #233 on: August 30, 2012, 01:57:37 PM »
I liked Death Troopers too, and i'm about halfway through Red Harvest and love it so far. With the whole Clone Wars zombie stuff (Zombie Geonosians) , the Old Republic's Rakghouls, and now books it's just a bit much.
To each their own. Personally, I cannot get enough of Jedi, Sith, and Stormtroopers!
I hate SW zombies! ;D They kind uh ruined SW with zombies witch is irritating.  >:(
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 03:40:26 PM by Mando Assasin »
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

[url=http://www.flickr.com/phot

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
  • Some people just wanna watch the world burn
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/83627924@N02/
« Reply #234 on: November 01, 2012, 06:47:56 PM »
I just finished reading hard contact.( Only took me three days ) And now my friend ( Who is letting me borrow all of them ) Is giving me Triple zero to read. Cannot wait! I have to say they really are good books! And i hate to read! SO it has to mean something coming from me!
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

[url=http://www.flickr.com/phot

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #235 on: July 07, 2013, 07:01:44 PM »
I am recovering from sinus surgery, and as I had to get a skin graph my doctor has said no outside stuff and minimal inside movement and no heavy lifting so I am reading. I finished up the Game of Thrones Series to date and am now reading Darth Plaeguis even though I don't know how to spell it. It is pretty cool seeing the background of Palps. I also found out who I had been called Darth Plaeguis is actually Darth Tenebrous (the Bith). There is a ton of alien stuff in this book so I bought (at Ollies) a compendium of SW Tech, Droids, and Aliens for ten bucks. It was a steal as the book is huge! Plaeguis is a Munn by the way. I though he was a Bith. Duh. I learn something new every day.

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
« Reply #236 on: July 08, 2013, 09:19:31 AM »
Read the entire catalogue of zombie graphic novels from FUBAR Press over the weekend! Great read for those that like that kind of story. I will be putting up a full review either tonight or tomorrow night.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 04:17:53 PM by The Spectre »
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #237 on: July 08, 2013, 09:38:37 AM »
Reading game of thrones book 5 and book 2 of the hunger games.