Author Topic: What are you reading now?  (Read 40534 times)

Online Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
What are you reading now?
« on: June 10, 2008, 06:27:40 AM »
I just finished up True Colors of the Republic Commando Series. I also recently finished the SOTE book and loved that one too. I also have a few other science fiction books I have been ardently trying to hold off reading as I will be going to the beach in a few weeks and want to use em there! I have a nasty habit of reading a good book in a few hours no longer than a day if I like it.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: What are you reading now?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 02:45:55 PM »
I'm reading the 7th and final book in Stephen King's Dark Tower series.
The Dark Tower     It seems a little thick headed at best and at this point he seems a little off of the track that he started with the first book THE Gunslinger, in the series, that was published more than 20 years ago.

Online Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 02:54:08 PM »
I just finished the book before Invincible and now I am waiting for that on Library Loan. I guess the final Republic Commando book is due out in a few months too. I really liked that series. Anyone notice the appearances by Venku and Jusik in the book I just mentioned? I don't like the fact that it seems they didn't figure out the clone ageing thing.  I gotta have a book with a semi happy ending even if it is Star Wars.

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 07:58:13 AM »
At the min I am reading Truce at Bakura, but before that I read Shadows of the Empire, and Before that I read the entire Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy and Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 03:45:51 PM »
I have read the Hitchhikers guide and Dirk Gently series several times. Great stuff! some people just don't understand british humer but I love it! Too bad about that latest Hitch hikers guide movie....I liked the original BBC series better.

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2008, 09:46:35 PM »
Yeah the movie was a huge disappointment to me as, I saw the original when it was being broadcast, and when I saw the movie, it wasnt as good.

Online Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008, 11:01:15 AM »
Well it turns out I may have to buy Invincible as the libraries that have it don't want to release it because it is so new daggone it! I am not having good SW luck today!

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2008, 08:01:30 AM »
This morning picked up Rogue Squadron Books 1 to 3, and Jedi Search, all for 3.21 so not a bad little morning.

Online Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2008, 11:51:52 AM »
cool deal Michael. I got the go ahead to buy Invincible today so I will see how that ends up and see if I have to start referring to our Darth Caedus in the past tense. 

Currently, I am reading a book authored by Mike Brotherton called Spider Star. It is a little too much science and not enough fiction for me, but it is starting to get a little action in it now so I will keep reading.

Offline Darth C

• Brigadier
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2008, 07:21:15 PM »
Well the book I have been reading is Flawed Giant, its about LBJ, kind of boring stuff for most people, but I like reading on historical figures.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2008, 03:00:27 PM »
Well, I picked up the Watchmen graphic novel in preparation for the theatrical release. It's pretty interesting so far and I am somewhat rivited.

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2008, 07:57:34 PM »
I scored some more books Thursday, I love our local second hand book shop, I got the rest of the X-Wing Books 4 to 7, and Champion of the Force, they have others which I am going to have a look at this Thursday providing no one has picked these up.

Online Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2008, 05:41:37 AM »
A good second hand book store is almost as good as a fully refreshed and restocked SW aisle! Almost.

Offline Schraith

• Ensign
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2008, 06:50:36 PM »
Finished up The Force Unleashed Novel a couple of weeks ago, and now my new Rebellion, KOTOR, and TFU comics and TPB are on their way  ;D
Star Wars is not about the characters or plot...its about people settling their differences with ungodly amounts of hate and violence.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2008, 07:54:31 AM »
I keep falling in and out of the comics.  I was all over Jedi and Republic, was into Legacy, and started in on The Dark Times, but after awhile, I just get tired of waiting for them to come out.  There are some great characters in all of those though, and some good story lines as well!