Author Topic: front page graphics...  (Read 13704 times)

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
Re: front page graphics...
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2011, 10:14:07 AM »
That's the way mine always looked.  I see the images now, tho.  ;)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2011, 04:21:03 PM »
Interesting. That's how it looks to me sometimes when I am not signed in. We will see what Pat or Shawn think.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2011, 06:32:59 PM »
Holy Mary Mother of Christ, I just do not understand this.  We have done everything we can find in the classes we took, as well as internet searches and other things.  This happens to such a small selection of people that I can't pinpoint what it is.  Tell you what, Spooky, do me a favor.  You are using Firefox, so please go to Tools>Options and copy down ALL of EVERY setting in ALL of the tabs in there and send them to me in a PM so I can compare to my own settings.  I know I'm asking a lot, and I do apologize, but I really need to get to the bottom of this crap.

Spookymufu

« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2011, 06:43:00 PM »
yeah i can do that, I dont know if you saw or not tho that the images when tried to view them on their own via direct link said I didnt have permission to see them.........could it be a setting given to certain members? Like maybe security setting for some of us that was given?

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2011, 06:51:24 PM »
I did see that, and that makes no sense to me at all, but it is also something I'll be looking into.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2011, 07:18:23 PM »
The new banner looks great!

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2011, 09:54:39 AM »
Yeah, I noticed that but hadn't figured out where to comment on it.  Looks great!

Spookymufu

« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2011, 09:55:56 AM »
Phatty, sent you an email with screen grabs.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2011, 11:17:26 AM »
Got it, and I'll review things and try and figure this out. Thanks for the assistance!

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2011, 09:04:44 PM »
I am being forced to learn corporate level networking management skills at an alarming rate for work....
I dont have all the answers, but most of my ideas are pretty sound, and this should be fixable at the user level... it is not really a website problem.
We have similar problems at work using our network machines with operating systems ranging from XP to vista and Windows 7, all with the most recent updates and service packs, when attempting to view various websites.
Generally, it is a security settings issue  created by the users web browser.... a pop up window states something about viewing secure material (https) over a nonsecure (http) connection... there is a yes and a no tab for you to click
If you click yes, it shows only secure connection stuff... all else is small boxes with red X's in them. press no and you see it all, but it isnt a real secure connection. and there may be a check box saying always perform this action.
The bad thing is sometimes if you select the always perform this action box, it is near impossible to uncheck that box so you can view the material.
And it is a different fix for each web browser used(mozilla, firefox, internet explorer).
Quickest is to uninstall your web browser and reinstall it again (after restarting your computer).
I wish I could give you a for sure fix, but I havent had this problem here in a while.... and I cant really remember what I did to fix it.
It is different for each computer too.

Spookymufu

« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2011, 09:40:33 PM »
I opened the page in IE 8 all default settings and I get this

Offline kreeper2

• Brigadier
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2011, 04:39:51 PM »
WOW thats what I get when I open this site up on the wifes laptop weird!!

Offline Havoc_Hobby

• Havoc
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2011, 04:52:11 PM »
same (but on my mom's laptop) (to young to be married).

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2011, 05:30:34 PM »
I do belive Dana is onto something here. I am guessing there is probably some setting, if you are using IE8 like I am, under tools and internet option that needs to either be checked or unchecked in the advanced tab. I, from work and home, am sometimes using up to eight or nine different computers  a day, some with some pretty extensive firewalls, and am able to see all graphics on the front page and in here besides youtube videos on occasion. Still, we want all of you to be able to view this place and we are going to work with our Hosting Provider to see if perhaps together we can figure this out. I hate it when I think folks can't view the great graphics and news on the front page.

Spookymufu

« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2011, 06:27:14 PM »
I dropped my security setting to none just to see, restarted IE and Firefox (I did it with both) and I get the same results....my son's iPod however can view the site just fine, my wifes laptop has the same issue my PC does. I am using Win XP pro and my wifes laptop had Vista 64