Author Topic: My Customs  (Read 14221 times)

Offline 110clones

• IT'S A TRAP!!!
  • Commodore
  • IT'S A TRAP!!!
Re: My Customs
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2009, 07:40:51 AM »
awesome sandtroopers

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2009, 07:43:21 AM »
Hello 110clones and, welcome to the Shipyards!

Offline DS-61-2

• Commander
« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2009, 12:42:13 PM »
Thanx guys I worked hard on these guys, they look better than the plain old white troopers.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2009, 04:49:53 PM »
heck ya, you can never go wrong with a little weathering.

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2009, 03:00:07 AM »
The Sandroopers are fantastic, you've got the weathering spot on, plus it's about time someone posted some "Real" Star Wars figures for a change, bloody clone this, clone that....(no offence W9 or Clone Commander).

DS, I believe I'm getting close to giving you my "special attention", I can see a desert scene fast approaching.....

Really superb, keep em coming!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2009, 08:54:06 AM »
lol yeah hb... its not like our site is called the "republic shipyards!" or "Kamino's test tubes!"
lol....  just kidding.  I like the clones but the OTC will always have it's place first in my heart! (ESB ALL THE WAY BABY!)

Offline DS-61-2

• Commander
« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2009, 10:41:41 AM »
Thank You Jules coming from you that means alot, I am not completely against the clone wars, I like the show but I did not want to have to buy a whole new set of figures who do not go with my movie figures, besides I am Pro Empire that time period is getting bashed because people the stormtroopers and vehicles are not as good as the clones and there vehicles, honestly the Empire is the next step so that means everything is better than it was in order to progress, all the battallions still would exsist just in diffrent forms so the 212th, 41st Elite, 442nd, all would be in the Empire just Diffrent armor and commanders.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2009, 11:19:28 AM »
I think the main reason that I got into clones is all of the diversity available there. I don't usually like to mess with the otc stuff as it is too dear to my heart in a sense that i don't really want to modify it. Sure, I could dirty up a sandtrooper "I have before" or paint up a lando but I am drawn to the clones. I love seeing the otc stuff and appreciate all of the efforts to replicate it. I have plans for OTC projects but haven't gotten around to em, mostly.

Get off my Clones, Spud! LOL, You Joe fanatic, you.

Offline DS-61-2

• Commander
« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2009, 11:32:20 AM »
I do not mean any disrespect to the Clone fanatics around here, I am  simply saying that the Empire has the same diverse groups just not that many have been written about because of the way the movies came out now with what we know about the clones we can then intergrate that into the Imperial Military, I happen to like Commander Kellar alot But I grew up with the OTC and he Empire and rebellion I have spent years of studying vehicles, weapons and the like I am so tuned into the Empire and rebellion.

In short I love the clones but not the animated figures just to much to have to contend with,  so I leave the Clone Wars toys to all my fellow yarders while I swope in and grab up th OTC lol.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2009, 11:34:50 AM »
Don't grab em all, Lee. There's not enough legacy style stuff to go around as it is.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2009, 02:12:29 PM »
hey! i love the original trilogy but the clone wars just fasinates me its the mechenism by which the empire was created, like clonehead i love the diversity of the clone .but the original trilogy has a special place in my heart  and i agree ESB rocks !
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2009, 05:46:26 PM »
I waited my whole life to see and find out what happened during the Clone Wars, so to me this is all great.
Since the first mention of it in Ep IV I wondered and waited and imagined... and now its wierd animated style stuff.
The comics and stories are great, and now the figs and toys are growing on me, but I expected more Legacy style stuff.
But I always wanted to know about this Era.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2009, 06:08:08 PM »
well drs, you know what it's all about.  Merchandising, merchandising, merchandising.  Bottom line is that lucas AND hasbro is going to milk the animated cash cow untill it's so dehydrated it bursts into dust....

but... the ships are nicely interchangeable between animated and legacy so thats a pluss.  Most of the animated figure's accessories are interchangeable so... in theory you could make legacy style versions of all the animated characters fairly simply...

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #73 on: October 19, 2009, 08:31:40 AM »
And therein lies the Great Scheme...

>:D

Offline DS-61-2

• Commander