Author Topic: Fan First Reveals  (Read 3104 times)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: Fan First Reveals
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2022, 02:26:30 AM »
I'm happy about the AT-ST. I'll buy this version all day long. When I started collecting back in 2005, I so wanted to have an AT-ST Walker. And the TAC multipacks of Endor and Hoth were really tempting.
But I didn't like the POTF AT-ST at all. So my excitement was even greater when the new AT-ST was announced for The Legacy Collection. So I don't mind Hasbro at all if they re-release this awesome vehicle over and over, again. And I do keep my fingers crossed that they give the Raider version from The Mandalorian another run. That BestBuy Exclusive was a kick in the butt for everyone outside the U.S. and the UK.

I really like the box art for this second Endor AT-ST. Chewie is a nice pack-in figure in my book and I do get that the brand team went for the specific movie scene here. Gives me hope that we'll get another Ewok and AT-ST Driver 2-Pack as well.
Ewok Glider, Catapult and Battle Wagon would be nice, too!
I don't understand why people are complaining about the AT-ST. I'm sure Chewie will get a carded treatment, too. And you know the prices on the secondary market.
And I mean what would the 40th Anniversary of Return of the Jedi be without an AT-ST?

But this announcement proves to me that either the brand team or Di$ney completely slept on the 40th Anniversary of Empire Strikes Back!
How cool would the Kenner box art for a Hoth AT-ST look? The Hoth version was so hard to find back in 2010 already and certainly deserves a re-issue.

And with all the Mando magic still being strong, the re-issue of some other ships would be much appreciated. As Tamer already said, Hasbro finally have to bring that Bespin Cloud Car back in TVC box. Eric promised it to me when I talked to him on Comic Con in Dortmunnd in 2020.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 03:23:54 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2022, 03:56:46 AM »
I remember getting quite a few of these AT-ST's on clearance at 20 bucks back in the day when they were in TBS Line.

I have those other versions you pictured and can't believe the price. I still need to get the Mandalorian one. If I can ever find one in a good box.

As for the $90 price point I guess folks are figuring a $40 dollar item has gone up to $70. I guess you can factor some in for the vintage box. Still probably a $70 price point would have been more palatable.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2022, 04:02:37 AM »
Yeah, I get that and am sure everyone would be fine with $70 for the Walker & Chewie.

I have the previous Endor AT-ST from 2012 three times. One is missing the toes and a side-cannon. So now this one gets another run, I can use my incomplete one as a custom.
It would've been sweet if I had been able to snack some of the Black Series version for $15-20 each when it went on clearance. You guys a are so lucky being residents of the USA!

By the way the box of that TVC AT-ST that I shared above had two big dents on the corner. Still people paid almost 200 bucks for it!

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2022, 05:22:28 AM »
And as expected, the Bunker has already sold out today on Hasbro Pulse Europe! I saw that coming and therefore pre-ordered 2 of them right when it went up for pre-order on Pulse.

BUT I'm sure they will have more in stock once it's released in March 2023. I know that many people wonder how pre-orders can sell out on Hasbro Pulse, but I also appreciate that Hasbro want to stay fair towards other dealers and retailers. That's why they only sell a limited amount of units directly so that they don't compete too hard with others.
I on the other hand am happy that I can support Hasbro directly since they provide their Pulse program in Germany and many other countries here in Europe.

What a time to be a collector - crazy expensive, but good!

The price for the Bunker with Scout doesn't look too bad next to Boba Fett... #BobasTax 

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2023, 02:57:07 PM »
I really enjoyed following the brand team's reveals today. They finally pipelined  ANH Princess Leia for TVC!!! Luke as X-Wing pilot puzzled me a bit since we got him as VC158 just recently.
Ahsoka seems to be well received by the general audience. I keep my fingers crossed for a TVC E-Wing - and A-Wing of course! One in ROTJ design and maybe Hera Syndulla's A-Wing.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2023, 03:09:34 AM »
I am putting up the Hasbro Image Galleries of the new reveals now. I am liking the TVC reveals. One can only hope for decent ships. If they do make em I hope they make them to scale and not undersized as has been their mo for the past few years.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2024, 03:46:00 AM »
Hasbro announced new stuff!

Galleries on the front pages.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2024, 03:19:10 PM »
Going to buy a 6 inch Droideka and use it as Ultra Droideka in 1/18 scale. And as soon as I start 3D printing, I'll print a Scorponek Annihilator Droid. They'll look great next to each other.

Didn't watch the livestream on Tuesday. Thank God that saved me precious lifetime.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2024, 03:53:57 AM »
LOL. Yeah, I hear you. It is nice that all those six inch Clone Troopers have a new Clanker to fight.