Author Topic: Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Imperial Transport 3D print in 1/32 scale  (Read 592 times)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Imperial Transport

Well, this ship isn't defined any further, not even on Wookieepedia. I'd call it Landing Craft.
Oh, well...

The Imperial transport was a transport model used by the Galactic Empire and Moff Gideon's Imperial remnant during the Imperial and New Republic Eras. It could be modified to transport stormtroopers and heavy weaponry to battle zones or imperial prisoners to the prison where they would serve their sentence.
Source: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Imperial_transport

Found this ship this morning. The print is good, but has some flaws here and there. Thought it was a nice example of how far 3D printing has gotten.

Here are the measurements:
Length: 43 cm
Width: 24 cm
Height: 13.5 cm

By the way I heard the U.S. switch to metric now?

It was printed in 60 hours, sanded and filled with filler twice here and there. Electricity is very expensive here in Germany and the artist put some time into it.
The seller claims 399€ or best offer for it. I think it's not a realistic price. No word if he designed this ship himself. Here are the pics:

According to the article on Wookieepedia, this landing craft had to be 77 cm long to be 1/18 scale. This one is 43 cm long, which is not even 1/24 scale - like Hasbro would to it. In 1/24 scale it had to be 58 cm long. This one here is in 1/32 scale, which is way too small for 1/18 scale (3.75") figures.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2023, 02:34:09 AM by Darth More »

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Imperial Transport 3D print in 1/32 scale
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2023, 02:54:08 AM »
Update: I found the source for the .STL file. It's free and made for the LEGION miniature game.
The terms & conditions say, it's allowed to print copies for your own use, but it's not allowed to sell them.

https://cults3d.com/de/modell-3d/spiel/imperial-dropship-the-mandalorian-season-2-3-75-6-legion

Cheers.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2023, 02:56:53 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2023, 07:08:20 AM »
Nice! Off to share this.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2023, 07:30:26 PM »
Thanks Philipp! That's a great heads up.