Author Topic: "Doctor Who"- Classic/Modern  (Read 1659 times)

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
"Doctor Who"- Classic/Modern
« on: October 09, 2023, 08:40:17 AM »
I cannot believe we didn't already have a thread for the grandfather of modern sci-fi franchises!

As of this year, "Doctor Who" will be under the control of Bad Wolf Productions AND Disney, with the BBC acting as an advisor. Disney has stated that they want to see "Doctor Who" as a "Star Wars"/"Marvel" style franchise, complete with spin-offs, animation and theatrical releases.

The attached image just popped up on the official Facebook page:

Hopefully, this means the rumored "U.N.I.T." spin-off will be announced!

For those unfamiliar, "U.N.I.T" (originally the "United Nations Intelligence Taskforce", but changed to the "UNited Intelligence Taskforce" in the modern series due to the actual U.N. wanting a licensing fee), is a global defense force dedicated to battling extraterrestrial/extradimensional/extrachronal/supernatural threats to the Earth, with the Doctor as their permanent Scientific Advisor. A spin-off has been rumored for years, and several licensed versions (audio adventures, comics, novels, etc.) and unofficial (fan productions, often with actual "Doctor Who" cast members) versions have popped up over the decades. I have always loved the U.N.I.T. stories going all the way back to the 3rd Doctor's era (a "proto-U.N.I.T." appeared in a single 2nd Doctor story, but the organization made its proper debut later), so I really hope that this happens.

But, I REALLY hope that the mouse does not spread the franchise too thin and dilute what makes it so special like they have been doing to the Marvel, and to a lesser extent, the Star Wars franchises.
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: "Doctor Who"- Classic/Modern
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2023, 02:40:20 AM »
Depends on who they have it charge of it. Let Faveraux run things if they are smart.