Author Topic: Painted heads  (Read 1208 times)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Painted heads
« on: May 23, 2023, 09:10:31 PM »
I suck at painting heads. Lets face it , you can't be excellent at everything. There are a lot of great painters on ebay, mostly from China. Not that I'm anti China, I'd rather buy more locally. I've been burned from Chinese sellers notably on Amazon. At any rate I found a good painter from Mexico https://www.ebay.com/usr/spartan118mx
He's great! Great paint, decent durability. When you check out just add the head numbers you want and that's it. My only complaint, is no conformation reply, costomer relation issue, but in the end I got what I asked for. What can I say? I'll come up with some examples, as Im currently working on some customs. I'm satisfied with his work.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2023, 02:21:31 AM by Tamer »

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: Painted heads
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2023, 12:49:02 AM »
It's okay to suck, we all do at the beginning. All it takes is practice. One needs more of it, the next one less. I think if you find a way to maybe cast some different heads in resin, you'll see progress rather quickly. Also looking at pictures of humans/celebrities might help as well as watching make-up tutorials.
Thanks for sharing this artist's ebay shop!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2023, 02:25:14 AM »
Nice, let me go share this.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2023, 06:03:11 AM »
It's okay to suck, we all do at the beginning. All it takes is practice. One needs more of it, the next one less. I think if you find a way to maybe cast some different heads in resin, you'll see progress rather quickly. Also looking at pictures of humans/celebrities might help as well as watching make-up tutorials.
Thanks for sharing this artist's ebay shop!
I'm leaving it to the professionals. I don't have a steady hand, I don't take care of my brushes, or my paints. I don't really enjoy painting small things. I'll paint diorama props or whatever.  Maybe repaint figures, but I try avoiding that as much as possible. I guess I choose to suck at painting heads.