Author Topic: Video Tutorials  (Read 3623 times)

Offline Rodger

• WoodGuy
  • Commander
  • Jedi Master of Wood and Light
Video Tutorials
« on: September 19, 2009, 12:44:48 PM »
I've been contemplating the idea of making my first Video Tutorial.  ;D

The problem is my old Canon A510 hasn't got enough guts to do what I need.  ::)

Any suggestions on a Inexpensive camera that will give me at lease 10 minute of recording time at  640x480 ? ;)
The New Sandcrawler Workshop on Facebook

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
Re: Video Tutorials
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 01:30:58 PM »
I have a samsung digimax camera, the video quality is pretty good and as for video run time, you're only limited as to the size of SD card you're using, with 8gig cards going pretty cheap it shouldn't be an issue, but some of the other customs guys here do some great work, so hopefully they can chime in as to what they are using

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 06:28:21 PM »
I've been using a cheap digital camera's movie mode...  you might want to make sure the camera you get films in a compatible format.  My old camera films in .MOV and I have to convert everything to be able to edit it in movie-maker...

also a small pixel size and resolution is better for youtube and whatnot... you don't want a production movie camera! you'll spend hours trying to upload one video.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 07:29:20 PM »
your video looked good enough to me, Devin. Nice and clear enough and the sound quality was good also.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 11:10:24 PM »
yeah, I did that one with my youngest's new camera we bought him for his b-day.  It was a $400.00 digital photo camera.  It actually takes movies in AVI format...  the sound was realy good I was surprised with it honestly. 

My older camera is an Optio M10... takes decent video, but not as good audio.  but for youtube it'll work just fine.  I'll have to revert back to using it when the kids move off with Dawn and I can't bum his camera anymore! lol