Author Topic: Star Wars vehicle guitars  (Read 1105 times)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
Star Wars vehicle guitars
« on: December 24, 2022, 08:58:46 AM »
Ok, so one reason I've not been doing a lot of customs lately is that I've started a business with my wife building and selling cigar box guitars and other stringed instruments.  We usually make our instruments out of cigar boxes, cookie tins, shovels, boat paddles and whatever other weird shit we come up with... You may remember me posting a fretless Millennium Falcon three string guitar about a year ago.  I still have that one, but I wanted to build another better version and several months ago finished it as well as another Boba Fett Slave 1 guitar.

I have since sold the Falcon, but here are some great images I took of it before selling.  It used the MPC model kit with a heavily reinforced internal structure.  My favorite aspect of the build is that when you plug in the amp cable it completes the circuit for the engine, cockpit and headlights!

We also built a custom case for this guitar so that it would be better protected.

Here's a video on it that we did on tiktok: https://www.tiktok.com/@dontfretguitars/video/7147479897412439342?is_copy_url=1&is_from_webapp=v1

To see more of this guitar and it's construction check out our webpage at www.dontfretcbg.com

Next up is the Boba Fett Slave 1 guitar. Also a 4 string guitar, my favorite aspect of this build is not only does the ship still fire it's missiles, but Boba's rangefinder is actually a micro guitar tuner!

Here's both of these guitars along with many of our others at one of our vending events taking place inside Rhinegeist Brewery in Cincinnati. 

We do also sell through reverb at https://reverb.com/shop/dont-fret-guitars-2 if you are interested in our other works. (shameless plug  :P)  If you just want to follow our socials, the links to them can be found on our webpage or if you search for "don't fret guitars!"

I am also currently working on a vintage Falcon toy that I'm planning on turning into a bass guitar! As well as a y-wing and B-wing guitar, so I'll update this thread when I get those finished! 
« Last Edit: December 24, 2022, 09:00:35 AM by spudafett »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Star Wars vehicle guitars
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2022, 11:53:52 AM »
I can't see the images for some reason daggone it.

Great to see you back posting.