Author Topic: Zavvi  (Read 2278 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Zavvi
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2022, 04:16:30 AM »
Looks nice. So tempted to try and get that new X-Wing. Too bad they don't sell that Mandalorian AT-ST.

Online Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2022, 07:38:24 AM »
Minor Damage

I became a loose collector for reasons. If you're a MISB collector minor damage on the packaging can already ruin the fun of the game, right? Here's another example, which proves that it's not always Hasbro's or the retailers' fault!

Zavvi did a great job of letting me know that part of my order from November 2nd was delayed.
They sold Antoc Merrick's X-Wing for a new all-time low price of 65€.
And even though it was listed as in stock, they probably sold more than they could send out right away. So Zavvi still receive new supply of this nice X-Wing from somewhere - it might be Hasbro themselves, a warehouse or even from another re-seller. Same happened to Luke's X-Wing here in Germany. The current price for it still is almost 50% off at 79.99€ on Zavvi Germany.

Since I ordered two this time I really hoped that they'd just slap a label on the shipper and send it out. And they did! So let's see how the damage on the outside (which unfortunately is there) had an impact on the inside (spoiler alert: it did!)...

One of them got a crease in the box. The second one doesn't which proves to me that the box was already damaged at the factory. Other than this crease, there's hardly any other damage on the first box.

It's worse on the second one though:

So what's your opinion on this?

To me it clearly shows that most damage happens on transport across the planet. This case shows that Zavvi's packers cannot be responsible at least for part of the damage. An extra box might've helped though.

At least Blue Squadron comes together nicely.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2022, 07:47:06 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2022, 07:51:12 AM »
This would have driven me absolutely insane.

And why can't we get this ship from another retailer since so many seem to exist over here?

Off to share your experience on the front page.

Hey didn't Starchaser order one of these?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2022, 07:57:49 AM by Tamer »