Author Topic: Speeder Bike chase dio: WIP 09/23/09 - setback :-(  (Read 6109 times)

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
Re: Speeder Bike chase diorama: WIP 09/18/09
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2009, 10:53:11 AM »
Not at all, Sarge. Just looked at your Endor dio pics and indeed, they are impressive. Great use of real branches and the likes set against a backdrop of a real forest. Reminds me of those awesome shots of hangarbay94!

Despite ESB being my favourite movie of all time, ROTJ does have it's cool stuff. Like the best Jabba of the saga, the best space battle, the speeder bikes and the ultimate duel! But ESB is just more..... complete.

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
Re: Speeder Bike chase dio: WIP 09/23/09 - setback :-(
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2009, 05:18:15 AM »
No problem, Sarge, already checked them out. Great stuff, man!

Here's an update for you guys to enjoy. Like I said, the bikes are on hold, until I have my casted parts back. So, I started working on a Biker Scout's hip area. RS member Blasterman basically perfected ball jointed hips (and other joints) and made great use of Microman parts on his Obi-Wan and Darth Maul, among others.

I thought I'd give that a try as well, despite the fact Microman figures are hard and anything but cheap to come by for me.

Well, I decided not to go that route after evaluating the results. I will try the old AT-TE hips joints instead. Here are two shots of my Microman jointed Scout:

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2009, 08:22:54 AM »
Small moves Incom, small moves....(but cool ones)

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2009, 10:43:07 AM »
Yeah I know. The problem was that the legs somehow keep popping off too easily when I place the scout on his bike. But like Baldrick, I have another cunning plan......

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2009, 06:43:25 PM »
Y'know... that worries me.  Deeply.   ;D

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
Re: Speeder Bike chase diorama: WIP 09/18/09
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2009, 09:04:00 AM »
Wow, thanks Tamer! I promise to spend time on this the coming days. I can't finish the bikes themselves yet, since I have some parts shipped off to Ruprecht, of which he will make multiple casts. I will try and figure out how to make those scouts sit better on their bikes. Already found out that Microman hip joints is not the way for me to go  :(  Luckily, I have a dozen or so Scouts to "sacrifice"  ;)

Hey man, I've got the perfect solution for you.  Get the brand new super arty (according to hasbro) scout troopers or kashyyyk troopers.  Pop the torso appart and manipulate the lower legs so that you can graft in a 25th aniversary gi-joe general hawk lower torso, hips and thighs.  This should give you the needed articulation and keep it looking very cannon.  Here is a kashyyyk trooper that I did the exact same thing with:

you can find a tutorial on how to get this started here:

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=1005.0

This is a very similar process to how I made that kashyyyk trooper.  The resulting figure will be a little bit taller than a regular star wars figure but as you can see it fits a bike alot beter:

That was an older version of the same figure that I did a while back using the same sets of legs and hips.  Gives it alot better articulation.... 

Sorry that I hadn't gposted here before, I hardly get out of the customs section! I need to do that more.... your mods to the speeders are awesome.   Let me know if you get someone who can mold those new handlebars, I've still got a few POTF bikes that need an upgrade!!!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2009, 08:58:43 AM »
Spud's figure sure does sit straight on that speeder, a lot better than a regular one. Why won't hasbro just make us one?