Author Topic: Hasbro Pulse  (Read 10082 times)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: Hasbro Pulse
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2022, 01:50:41 AM »
And now you can lump them in with the same type of bad shipping you get from Wal-Mart and Amazon. (...)

I was on there the other day just reading the negative reviews on the figures, which I didn't understand, until I read that it was their horrible shipping practices. It sounds like some folks are really getting damaged goods. I mean for those types of prices you ought to be able to ship it in sturdy well packed boxes.

I can so relate to your frustration, Shawn, as I've read about your experiences with e- and retailers over the past decade.
This time I had a similar experience with Pulse, but it might be the fault of the delivery service.
The box arrived dented on only one corner. So did the card of my third VC101 Shae Vizla. Good for me that this one received the best paint apps of all three. It also came packed with the right forearm rotated to the right. Does this count as variation already? (see last image below)

The box is big enough for a TVC card and came well packed. It only took one single day for delivery, but Hasbro's headquarters are also only 80 minutes drive from my place.

Definitely the one to open  :D

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2022, 04:44:55 AM »
I mean when its really only pre-orders all the time you just have to be able to ship well.

I am still trying to get over my last phone call where they wanted me to call the post office to determine where the boxes were being damaged. I mean WTH?

As I post this I have two boxes waiting to be opened. The boxes are in good shape, but I have to mentally prepare myself for this so I don't stay ticked off all day if something is damaged. I am almost getting myself trained to just accept TVC Card Damage now.. Thats a bunch of bantha poodu.

I am half tempted to just stop pre-ordering everything, but its about the only way to get anything. I mean my stores have landos and one crushed fennec.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2022, 02:40:59 AM »
I agree, that's totally not your responsibility. They should have a business connection to their delivery partners. It's a joke that they want you as a private person to spend hours on the line there 'til they answer your call. That's life time you'll never get back.

Yesterday, I got an update from Hasbro Pulse that Wave 41 of The Vintage Collection is going to arrive earlier than expected here in Germany.
The new estimated shipping date is August 22, 2022. So if they arrive a day later like last time, they will be on time for my birthday.

Source: Star Action Figures UK
URL: https://www.staractionfigures.co.uk/2018---vintage-collection-2/swvw41

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2022, 06:44:42 AM »
Well, that is good news. Great to see them getting stuff in earlier. I have so much on pre-order I don't even know what I have ordered. I might have a problem.

I was happy to see the last couple of boxes of figures I got in from Pulse were packed well and the figures selected were momc too. That new Vader and the Mando Commando are just stellar examples of what action figures can be. It kind of rekindled a drive to still collect. I have to tell you when they were sending all those buggered up packages and figures I was getting pretty frustrated. And then service calls where they want me to find out where the problem is. Just nuts.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2022, 02:50:09 PM »
Hasbro Pulse Germany ship with excellent packaging, some cards arrive with minor damage, but one of my latest figures with errors passed QC!

Over the past couple weeks I received two of my recent order with in-stock items and one with pre-ordered figures. I'm super glad that some Gaming Greats figures were restocked and even the Republic Trooper is available, again, with a maximum of 3 per customer. I think it's worth mentioning how well they were packed here:

Hasbro went full risk with the 4-Packs. I'm glad this box wasn't dented or even crushed because the Shoretroopers fit in there as if the box was made just for them.

Unfortunately, the Gaming Greats Heavy Assault Stormtrooper came with a slight crease in the card. Only at second sight, I saw that one paint application on the helmet is missing...

This is the first item I will claim at Hasbro's consumer service. They've been very polite over the years.

How is your experience with Hasbro Pulse so far? Please, let us know in your comment below!

« Last Edit: August 28, 2022, 01:09:23 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2022, 05:17:03 AM »
Well thats cool. They are gonna let you keep the error correct? No way I would send that back! Still, you would have though they would have caught that.

I did get a new Stormtrooper Commander in after the last one was sent crushed. As long as they keep replacing them I guess I can kinda order with confidence, but understand that getting true quality shipping comes who now?

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2022, 03:36:48 PM »
Tamer: I hope so. Just sent out the email to explain my issue to them. I'll keep you updated!

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2022, 03:37:15 PM »
Another happy landing with Hasbro Pulse Germany!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2022, 04:04:30 AM »
Looks good to me!

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2022, 04:55:20 AM »
Hasbro replied to my claim the next day and offered me two options: a full refund because it's currently out of stock or a replacement for the Heavy Assault Stormtrooper. It's going to be back in stock in about two weeks. So I wait patiently :)

I lost a week because my first message wasn't sent successfully with Windows Mail. I never trust those windows that open when you click on the contact address. I'll keep you updated.

Overall they were thankful for my positive feedback.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2022, 05:02:22 AM »
I hope it works out for you. I haven't gotten anything in from them lately.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2022, 12:31:25 PM »
I hope it works out for you. I haven't gotten anything in from them lately.

It did. The Heavy Assault Stormtrooper was re-stocked as scheduled and yesterday I got the shipping notification. Interesting is that they booked it as separate order. And today the replacement for the error sample arrived well packed & in perfect condition:

Definitely a good way to enjoy a Friday! Have a good weekend everyone!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2022, 04:57:28 AM »
Nice. Looks good.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2022, 06:39:03 AM »
Thanks, yes I'm really happy with this version. It's always great to see some love for videogames, especially for Battlefront.

Hasbro Pulse expanded here in Europe recently. They sent me an email with new terms & conditions about 4 weeks ago and are now available in Austria, France, Spain and Italy. That's absolutely awesome!

However when I enter their site, they suggest that The Black Series is one of the 3 top selling brands. If they don't produce significantly more units for TBS than they do for TVC, their own shop proves them wrong: TVC has 67 items listed as of this post, of which 29 are sold out. The Black Series has 102 items and only 10 of them are sold out.
Balance the scales I say!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2022, 02:51:42 AM »
Yeah, I think they got a bit testy at PulseCon when someone asked the SW Team about that. They said we as fans are always changing our minds about what we want as far as products in each line. It would be interesting to do this count from time to time as far as Hasbro Pulse and what is up for retail or sold out, etc.