Author Topic: Gamestop  (Read 2059 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Gamestop
« on: May 03, 2021, 05:55:32 PM »
(Rant below)
I’m surprised that there hasn’t been a thread created about this place yet. They have been leaning more toward carrying pop culture collectibles and action figures in the store and on their site for several years and have been spitting out some interesting Star Wars video game Themed black series figures for years. This year, the have been offering a simple assortment, a wave of vc figures and a wave of retro figures to hit soon.

I’m guessing each store may get a case each if they order them.

I had visited the Raytown Mo store a couple of times in the last week and had brought home these two figures. The VC Mando has some card wear and is probably why it was still there.

Rant time

The real reason I was visiting this particular store was because I had pre ordered and pre paid for some Cara Dune figures that should have been in by now.
A different store that I had made the same pre order for the same figures from had called me last week to tell me they had arrived. No such call came from this GameStop 149205 Raytown Gregory square store .

So when I went in last Friday and the girl working claimed they had arrived but were not there anymore. She even acted like they had put em on the shelf to be sold.  No manager that day, a note was left and the Manager was Supposed to call me with instructions on how to proceed.
No call
I went in today and the person working said he was from another store as this stores staff wasn’t there??
  He penned an email to cooperate to ask how to procede.
No cara dune, not one for 100 miles says a worker at another store who looked over the phone for me.

I got to wondering that if it was normal store procedure to call a customer to report of their preorders arrival when it got there that there was a chance that the person who was supposed to call me may have been the one that took my 2 vintage collection Cara Dune figures home.

That was the first set coming from that store. A retro Cara Dune set of two figures was also preordered from this store. They are due to arrive this month, anytime possibly.

What do you think, Shawn?
The first girl said I was the only one who had ordered that figure.

I might hold off on the GameStop preorders for the time being.

Remember how the pinball machine preorders went?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Gamestop
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2021, 02:30:48 AM »
Yeah, I almost started a Gamestop thread awhile back after I had a similar experience at my local Gamestop store. I had pre-ordered a figure and it supposedly never came in. I got a refund, but like you figure an employee or a manager took the figure for themselves. They also have a horrible habit of putting huge sticky price tags on the vintage stuff so I have pretty much sworn off them. I am glad the one your ordered through actually gave em to you (the Cara Dune figures).

My local store went out of business (I wonder why)!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2021, 02:34:26 PM »
Update:
I went back today to see if there was any progress and got a note on the door. No one present during working hours I guess.
The whole staff quit and took my Cara Dune figures with them and now, GameStop  can’t replace the stores staff or my figures. What a world
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 02:36:46 PM by Clonehead »

Online Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2021, 04:18:52 PM »
Now that sounds like a hard pill to swallow. Read some comments today about Walmart employees doing the same: taking home rare and exclusive items for themselves just to sell them off on eBay. Yikes! My condolences for that GameStop.
I'm sorry you have to witness stuff like this.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2021, 03:16:14 AM »
Wow, those are some tools Clint. Such a load of rubbish! Sorry bud.

Online Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2021, 12:54:16 PM »
I just read the latest Q&A on galactichunter.com and if you take a look at question 2 you might have part of the answer to the current situation at retail.
Read Adam Pawlus answer to GameStop's sales and stock policy after the jump:

http://www.galactichunter.com/gh/story/qa-star-wars-abundance-store-selling-changes-and-republic-commando

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2021, 02:37:19 AM »
So they are essentially blaming the pandemic. Figures. As I am shaking my head.

Online Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2021, 01:53:42 AM »
Well, it looks like the pandemic caused a higher demand for toys & games. It was on the news that LEGO and playmobil for example made a record revenue in 2020.
People are home and want to give their kids something to draw their attention to.
I think the problem with GameStop is that they sell more units online that they actually get shipped to stores. And I think it's also plausible that employees just take home certain items as Clint said. If he/she is into the franchise or film making a little bit they probably heard of the trouble between Disney and Gina Carano. Paying MRSP to sell it for 4-6x the price on eBay? Sure!
I heard of people doing that at Walmart and TARGET as well. Greed is a sad property to have.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2021, 07:08:03 AM »
Oh yeah, you know there is the same problems at most of the brick and mortar stores. Thats why I never count on em to have anything anymore. If I can't get it shipped to my house (and then there are the etailers that ship bad) I just don't count on it. I remember how crazy I got for that white faced Meena Tils with ROTS and all the crazy paint variations I chased down. No more of that for me.

Crazy shame about ordering and trying to pick it up only for the employees to swipe it though. I can't say I have seen the other brick and mortars having as much problem as Gamestop with that.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2021, 06:43:23 PM »
So I returned to the same store to see if corporate had answered the store members email in regards to my missing preordered figures.
No help there, an order cancellation with refund is all I was offered.

The next day I was offered a Bunch of their reward points and a survey to fill out about my experience in the store that day.

Since their website doesn’t offer a way to email anyone, I figured here was my chance to complain.

In the comments section of the survey, I offered them a link to this page and this quick note:

For this box, they had asked my opinion of how I would suggest the experience to be improved.
My reply:

Don’t sell preorders that you can’t fill and don’t let the employees take the customers preorders for themselves.

Not the sort of behavior I would expect from a retailer that is promoting Star Wars vintage collection and retro collectiontoys this year.

You are Not to be trusted for preorders anymore
It’s a shame, especially considering that in today’s world, collectors are having to depend on preorders to even get a chance at the product.

No more Star Wars preorders from me. it was a waste of time and hope.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2021, 03:39:40 AM »
I can sure associate with that feeling and Gamestop. I just resign myself to never picking up any of their exclusives or just figures in general. I have never had any good luck with them.

Some folks can pick up things are crazy good prices, but I have just had bad luck and or awful experiences.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2021, 04:31:05 PM »
I had forgot to mention that on that day, I noticed their COVID mask policy had changed.
    I wonder if they will require proof of vaccination  prior to offering online orders going forward.

Kind of shows who’s side they are on, if you think about it.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2021, 05:50:09 AM »
Personally I think everyone was just so tired of enforcing it they just gave them a reason to get by without it. Masks disappeared where I live.

I hope they actually contact you about this and get you some decent resolution, but I have to admit I am doubtful.

Offline (SID)

• "Toy Designer/fabricator/Scavenger"
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the ULTER-VERSE
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2021, 04:25:04 PM »
Thanks for posting this. I preordered some stuff from GS like nearly a year ago and they NEVER set them to the store? The employees just told me "they sold out" which in itself is ridiculous since I was picking up a 6-7 other figures at the exact time (I ordered too much and held off a few weeks to pickup due to $$$). It was just a few of the 5POA sets so I'm not crying about it. But I do want my money back since I even skipped getting the same sets from them & amazon on clearances!!! So I guess I'll have to go your route.

GS is a "great store" with many locations and if you "wait" for sales it works out well, especially if you have a pro membership with all the points (another reason I have to apparently CALL cooperate since I cannot get to my points via sign in... But that's another story) and the $5 a month bonus helps too.

My main problem with the company is the employees. They seem to either be 99% on-point-perfect  or the usual self important -zero social skilled- lazy- "ugly"- morons..... People that don't even know for instance: I kid you not... That they even sell exclusive SW figures even when they are 10 feet from register!!!!!!!!! 😵

As for the mask thing, seesh one GS near me had a 6 people limit!!! You would have a dozen+ waiting outside  for like 20-30mins just watching a whole family just wonder around looking at w/e and the employees trying to sell them everything. Disgusting. Especially when you got people like us whom are in/out the store the 1-min it takes to see if they any new product!
Personally retail can bite me. They Enforced the face-coverings mandate so unless I'm blatantly told to my face to take it off... I never will... I sorta enjoy the "ambiguity" and the fact people/cameras cannot see my face haaa. I NEVER thought that would happen since I used to be told/harrased to even take hats/hoods even masks (comic-con) off in public or in malls etc. Hahahaha