Author Topic: AliExpress  (Read 9564 times)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: AliExpress
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2023, 07:27:56 AM »
About 2 weeks ago a completely new helmet design Clone Trooper was listed on AliExpress. When I randomly looked for "Clone Trooper Black Series" I found the newly listed ARF Trooper. So I texted CenturionsCorner right away and even he hadn't seen it, yet. His arrived on Friday and mine was delivered today.
I finally pulled the trigger on two other Clone Trooper designs, which haven't been made by Hasbro, yet either.
I got a discount for buying more than one, so I paid 60,77€ for these 3:

It came all the way from China and was delivered to my address by bike!

Usually the helmet is glued onto the head, but my copy had a loose one:

The head is so well sculpted/designed, that I think it's a shame that it's usually hidden. The Commander's skirt is made of fabric. I thought the first batch was made with pleather, but Steve said they always came with softgoods.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2023, 06:23:33 AM »
Nice, I always liked the Arfer helmet.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2023, 01:38:59 AM »
Yes, the main seller has stopped shipping those Clones to Europe and the UK now because of some new return policies here.
They also increased in price and cost almost $30 by now which kills the deal for me. I rather buy licensed products from Hasbro for that amount of money.

However before the time of those well done bootlegs there were Stormtroopers of minor quality. You could tell they were bootlegs from a distance.
But I think they could be perfect to try this recipe of the latest entertainment by Disney:

Custom zombi trooper easy DIY by Carbonite Creative[/color]
double-click for full screen view

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2024, 03:17:24 PM »
To my total surprise I just discovered several Battle Packs and other sets from 2010-2012 on AliExpress. The description says they're still sealed. These rare Battle Packs cost $100-110, which is expensive, but still cheaper than the prices for sold items on ebay in comparison.
That STAR TOURS Jedi Training Academy Figure Pack even goes for more than $200-300 on ebay. Didn't know it was from 2008 and it cost $34.95 at Disney Parks back then.

I bit the apple and ordered the Battle Over Endor Set 1 of 2, the Yavin Pilot Pack and the STAR TOURS Jedi Training Academy Pack. I'll keep you updated on this exciting journey.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2024, 05:58:23 AM »
I remember those battle over Endor packs being hard for me to find.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2024, 06:25:28 AM »
Just a small update: All three sets arrived today all the way from China.
It took them just 11 days for delivery! German custom fees and 19% sales tax were paid in advance by AliExpress. And they arrived in their original packaging, indeed! The boxes are damaged here and there, but considering they are 12-17 years old, I'm not complaining!
All rubber bands seem to have solved over time, hope the solvents haven't damaged the plastic or any softgoods. Makes it easier for me to open the boxes. More pictures soon!

Online Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2024, 09:20:14 PM »
Nice! I remember when I saw those sets in stores (except the Jedi one).

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2024, 02:42:42 AM »
Glad you got em safe and sound. They look to be in great shape.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2024, 06:16:21 AM »
Looks like my last comment is lost once again...oh well. Thanks for your replies, gentlemen.

Starchaser: I wasn't aware that the Disney Park set is from 2007. Where did all the years go?

Tamer: I want to open them as soon as possible also to clean the figures from the dissolved rubber bands. Unfortunately the seller refuses to give me a refund. He offered $10 discount on my next order though, which I probably won't place.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2024, 06:26:03 AM »
So the sets are in fair shape considering they're over a decade old and who knows where they come from and where they have been stored all these years.
The seller claims he bought them for a high price as well so his profit is  very limited.
If he writes me something like this I suppose he got them for free somewhere in an old warehouse in China with old, not dispatched/forgotten products. 

I wonder if the factories keep some amount of products they make for guarantee reasons. A decade of keeping them in stock makes sense to me if there's any claim by customers.

Interesting to note here is, that both boxes were packed by the same person even though I bought them from two different sellers.
I know because the stuffing for both shipments make two complete boxes:

The content of both boxes combined make the packaging of two Hasbro figures:

I have to admit they were packed tightly, but still well.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #70 on: April 21, 2024, 06:06:00 AM »
I guess as long as you were planning on opening these its ok. Still, if you bought them based on keeping them carded I could see why you would want some type of compensation. I would think at least a partial refund on your order would be ok.

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #71 on: April 21, 2024, 09:25:17 AM »
Last Friday, one of my students told me that he had ordered something through Ali express
and the package arrived empty. He also said this wasn't the first time something he ordered
from Ali express arrived damaged or incorrect.
My response was this.
"Consider where Ali express is based and who controls Ali express."
Took him about 2 seconds to reply, china???
I then told him "consider the source."
Nuff said. He just shook his head.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2024, 12:10:11 PM »
I guess as long as you were planning on opening these its ok. Still, if you bought them based on keeping them carded I could see why you would want some type of compensation. I would think at least a partial refund on your order would be ok.

Yes, I'm kinda glad they arrived in this condition. It makes it easier for me to open them. I couldn't open them if they were in mint condition.
But having paid close to 390€ for all 3 sets, a little refund would've been nice.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2024, 12:17:15 PM »
Last Friday, one of my students told me that he had ordered something through Ali express
and the package arrived empty. He also said this wasn't the first time something he ordered
from Ali express arrived damaged or incorrect.
My response was this.
"Consider where Ali express is based and who controls Ali express."
Took him about 2 seconds to reply, china???
I then told him "consider the source."
Nuff said. He just shook his head.

I've only made good experience with AliExpress so far. I ordered over 30 items there and all were delivered. Never received empty boxes and even got refunded when delivery took more than a month. Once you get in touch with them, you realize though how strict and focused on their business they are.
Some sellers are quite serious. Well, their prices went up by a decent percentage over the years.
It's not the bargain as it used to be, but still many prices are worth it.
But when it comes to those TBS Clone Trooper knockoffs I've become quite picky. I refuse to pay 23-30€ for a non-licensed, loose 6" Clone.

Thanks for sharing your experience, DarthHawk!

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #74 on: April 23, 2024, 06:10:29 PM »
My pleasure.
I'm glad your experiences have been positive.