Author Topic: AliExpress  (Read 9561 times)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
AliExpress
« on: April 13, 2021, 06:12:13 AM »
As it turned out to be quite difficult at times to find stuff on AliExpress, I thought it makes sense to start this topic here where everyone can share what he/she found on there.

When I looked for specific products for example "Star Wars Action Figure" on AliExpress, no figures were found - even though I know that knock-off Black Series figures are sold on there. I guess they make it more difficult to find products that would be licensed outside of China.

I'm not paid to share any of this, but if you create an account on AliExpress you usually receive different discount coupons which you can redeem on your orders. They advertise a $3 coupon on your first purchase for example.

Please, feel free to share your treasures found on AliExpress here.

I'll add the table of content here with every post shared. I hope you find this thread helpful.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 06:39:06 AM by Darth More »

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
Re: AliExpress
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2021, 06:36:33 AM »
Artificial Plants for your dioramas and displays...

So before I discovered AliExpress I had bought artificial plants from various Asian sellers on eBay. Due to the 10% fee eBay charges sellers, they were usually a bit more expensive, but still cheap.

Here's a link to my previous topic on Resources and References. Many of these plants sold on eBay are of course offered on AliExpress as well!

I'd like to share some new variations of plants and other diorama elements with you here, which I found on AliExpress:

This is a great source for the 1/18 scale Palm Trees I made for my Scarif Diorama.

I'm sure you'll find plants for planets like Yavin 4, Dagobah, Endor, Kashyyyk, Felucia and many more when you click through. Once you are on the website, it will show you many more similar offfers, which I also click through to find many more great items. As said at the beginning, it can be difficult to find exactly what you're looking for by using the search function on AliExpress, but it's always worth a try.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 06:40:42 AM by Darth More »

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2021, 03:49:15 AM »
If you're a fan of Kotobukiya and looking for a 1/10 scale Yoda figure that's based on the Prequels, I can recommend this figurine to you. Strongly reminds me of Gentle Giants statues, but it comes separately straight from AliExpress! If you click on the names below, the link will direct you to AliExpress.

Yoda:
- Height: 2.637 inches // 6,7 cm
- Scale: 1/10 scale
- Accessories (2): 1x Lightsaber (dark green), 1x support pillar/stand
Yoda can stand on his own with no problem.
- 0 points of articulation (figurine)
- unlicensed
- Price: $4.40 + $2.67 USD shipping

Clone Trooper Captain:
- Height: 6.1 inches // 15,5 cm
- Scale: 1/12 scale
- Accessories (2): 1x DC-17 Carbine, 1x DC-15 Blaster Rifle
- BOOTLEG
- Price: $10-13 (depends on selected seller)

Besides the "STAR WALS" emblem on the box these figures are astonishingly good bootlegs. I'm going to make a custom ARC Trooper with one of my Captains. Centurions Corner has inspired me a lot with his Clone Trooper customs.

I'm going to replace the rather dark blade with a light green rod. I'm also going to dry-brush Yoda's unpinted hair for better detail. But for under $7 shipped I think this is a brilliant figure! I paid $13.27 for 2 figurines delivered within 4 weeks.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 06:44:01 AM by Darth More »

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2021, 01:03:03 AM »
Base Plates and Stands for your Action Figures for as low as 40 cents each! Depending on how many you buy at once you pay about $1.25 for one including shipping!

https://de.aliexpress.com/item/4000246176257.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dl6L1W7

« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 01:05:54 AM by Darth More »

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2021, 01:12:28 AM »
If you're a fan and collector of coins, these here might be fun! I got the Mando coin for about $3 and the Bitcoins for ~$70 cents each including shipping. Each coin comes in a separate acrylic casing. The diameter of both coins is about 4 cm or 1.6 inch.

Mandalorian Coin

Golden Bitcoin

When I was on vacation in Spain I recognized how strongly AliExpress advertise there. I got ads for AliExpress almost with every video on YouTube there.
You can see what else I found on Gran Canaria, Spain by clicking here.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 01:23:51 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2021, 02:30:57 AM »
I really like the coin stuff. I still have my album somewhere. What was that the 30th Anniversary Line? I think? Long time ago, but it started with the Vader; whatever that line was.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2021, 02:57:18 AM »
Yes, that was the 30th Anniversary Line, indeed. Good memories of 2007. I got the album only 4 years ago or so for a great price ($16 or so). And the coins are still nice and shiny.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2021, 03:10:20 AM »
If you liked the "fruits" for your action figures, which Don shared the other day, as much as I did, you might want to check these out: I ordered three different trays from AliExpress in different diameters.
This probably counts as "doll house supplies", but I guess mighty Jabba won't have anything against them as long as they're cheap, right?

You can also find these rings, which I put on the wall, from the same seller. Here's a screenshot of my order:

So I paid 7.1 cents (€) for each of 64 pieces shipped.

It took a little more than 5 weeks to be delivered to Germany, but that's okay fr FREE SHIPPING worldwide.

If you want to get these trays as well, this link will direct you to the listing on AliExpress:

https://de.aliexpress.com/item/32653331545.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.f0904c4dUVnWZ3

I'm sorry I cannot switch to the English version without VPN. So the diameters are listed in millimeters.

If you find more exciting materials for 1/18 scale dioramas, feel free to share them in our supplies thread.

You can also see my other modular dioramas of Mos Eisley by clicking here.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 03:47:56 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2021, 05:28:41 AM »
Wow, these are great time to go to the front pages.

Can't you just see one of these modified and on top of an astromech?

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2021, 08:12:38 AM »
Yes, I can! That's a phenomenal idea, Tamer! One that I honestly hadn't thought of before, so cudos to you! I'll definitely try that out!

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2021, 08:20:11 AM »
I found some acrylic stands for my fossils and coins I found the other day on AliExpress:

I paid 9.10€ for 30 of these shipped! Here's the link: https://de.aliexpress.com/item/4001152879844.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.56924c4ddpW5wy

I also found these metal Pokémon cards on there. If you look for them, you'll find them for about $3 each including shipping!
I paid 5.29€ for 20 of these stands shipped! I got 10 transparent and 10 black ones.
Here's the link: https://de.aliexpress.com/item/1005002278263167.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.56924c4ddpW5wy

These are perfect for coins or other small collectibles. 40 bigger ones are on the way and I'll add pictures as soon as I got them in hand.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2021, 06:03:53 AM »
These are great. I like the fact that they keep to focus on what they are supporting, not them.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2021, 11:46:21 PM »
These are great. I like the fact that they keep to focus on what they are supporting, not them.

I'm not sure if I understand what you mean correctly. Who are them?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2021, 06:06:22 AM »
I like the fact that the stand doesn't take away attention from the main item being displayed.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2021, 03:58:43 AM »
Ah, okay I didn't know you meant the display stands. Thought you referred to AliExpress themselves. Thanks Tamer, I'm sure you'll like what I received yesterday then as well: