Author Topic: Star Wars The Bad Batch  (Read 17694 times)

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
Re: Star Wars The Bad Batch
« Reply #180 on: December 20, 2023, 04:59:30 PM »
Looks like season 3, the final season will be released in 2024.
Will we finally see the demise of nomega???
One can only hope.

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #181 on: March 06, 2024, 06:11:53 PM »
I finally had the chance to watch the first 3 episodes.
Overall thoughts and opinions? WAY TO MUCH NOMEGA!!!!! Almost makes me want to lose my lunch.
She is such a weak and unnecessary character.
Episode 1, nothing more than a complete snoozefest. An insomniacs dream.
Slow, under dramatic, boring, mundane and uninteresting.
The only contributing factor was Crosshairs rescue.
The rest was cow pablum.
Filoni proved he knows how to underwhelm his fan base with a first episode.

Episodes 2 and 3. Better. At least we were able to see the BB in action.
Palpatine and Project Necromancer was sweeeeeeeet. Gave us something to anticipate.
Question, when will Echo reappear? We all know that somehow he survived the sky fall.

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #182 on: March 06, 2024, 06:12:56 PM »
Episode 4 was just as horrible as episode 1. Way, way, way to much nomega.
She is insolent, defiant, arrogant, and self centered.
The lovefest at the end required a massive dose of ipecac.

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #183 on: March 12, 2024, 12:05:22 PM »
Ho Hum!! Another filler episode. Nothing new, no surprises, nomega again endangering the lives of the B.B.
An abandoned planet that does not provide the intel they were seeking.
Another giant creature that didn't but should have devoured the B.B.
Another episode that doesn't move the story along or add to the story line.
I half expected Boba Fett to show up at the end riding the creature.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #184 on: March 26, 2024, 02:48:35 AM »
Well, I just watched 6 of the 8 episodes released so far. Thanks to your feedback DarthHawk I skipped the first two episodes. You probably saved me an hour of my lifetime.

Episode 3: so many Imperial Commandos just walking around. Palps came all the way to look at some bacta? tanks. Wow.
That werewolf-like creature showed up just in time, didn't it? Cool.

Epsiode 4: Felt like a mix of Jurassic Park & Pokémon at the end, but with more Pokémon in it than in the actual Pokémon show itself. Guess that killer hound isn't as dangerous as indicated in the previous episode - at least not to Omega. Crosshair isn't in his best shape anymore.

Episode 5: What was the mission, again?

Episode 6: Infiltration - this episode gave me heavy Call of Duty: BLACK OPS vibes. What's the deal with those Shadow Troopers? To me it feels like Filoni and Di$ney want to sell us a bunch of new Trooper and Clone designs. The good ole money mashine. But I actually like all the Clones taking action, again.

Episode 7: I still don't know what the point is. The Empire wants OMEEEGA - again. It's just a back and forth of escaping the Empire and getting caught, again. Just like in my own teenage days.
This show could've been all about Clone Force 99 doing stuff Republic Commandos do. At least in the way I and many other fans know it from the videogame. Instead, it's just a boring show about nothing and nomega.

I've got to say the visual effects look amazing! If this was high quality Clone Wars (storywise), it would be an amazing visual experience. I especially like the effects in light beams.
However I still don't know why they have to use flashlights all the time - don't they have night vision or flashlights attached to their helmet as seen in The Clone Wars show?

Episode 8: Well, here's what I liked:
- the sharpshooting sequences of Crosshair trying to get over his shaky hand
- the target of this mission reminded me of missions on Geonosis like in the good old days against the Geonosians. Still the opponent felt way too overpowered for being an insect.

What I disliked:
- Hunter and Wrecker have no authority over Fennec Shand. Okay, she is good at gambling, but the two Commando soldiers react like insecure boys towards her. I don't like how this episode is written especially not the relationship between these 3 figures.
Sure Fennec is a strong character but it's not necessary to make the other two look so weak next to her. I see the battle of the sexes rising to a fire here once again.

- the show is way too dark once again and as always since Di$ney took over. I cannot watch any of these episodes on daylight.

- the characters are way too underwhelming and unimpressed with dangerous sequences like in the river. It seems almost dying is nothing special. The plot armor does its job.
This leaves me pretty bored in front of the screen.

Summary: The third season does not involve my interest. It doesn't feel that it's worth my time.
I think I better imagine my own story of The Bad Batch without Omega and go play with my action figures, instead.
To me this is just another pointless TV show with some decent fan service for all CLONE WARS fans here and there.

Cannot wait to buy all those Clones in TVC, but please on the latest Clone body!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2024, 02:52:37 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #185 on: March 26, 2024, 02:50:20 AM »
I haven't watched a single episode yet. Figure I will binge watch it once I get a break. I hear it is pretty good. Hopefully see a true story arc and not just an look what trouble Omega got us into this time series.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #186 on: March 26, 2024, 03:06:49 AM »
Sounds good, Tamer! The next episode drops tomorrow, right? So far the 5th episode felt the most like a show about Commando units. Wish more of them were like it just with an actual...story and not so many side-quests that don't contribute to the plot.
I hope you can enjoy the season.

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #187 on: March 26, 2024, 06:51:15 PM »
Thanks DM.
I couldn't have said it better.

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #188 on: March 31, 2024, 06:20:31 AM »
There's not a lot to report on episode 8. Not much more than filler with a few action scenes.
Wrecker is a champion gator wrestler, a notorious gangster/villain knows nothing about security
and Fennec Shand couldn't stand in Boba Fett's shoes much less wash his jock strap.

Episode 9??? Blech!!! Again, WAY TO MUCH of the arrogant, selfish, self centered, narcissistic,
little brat known as nomega. The presence of Ventress gave me so much hope for the possibilities
of this series but alas and as usual dudsney disappoints once again.
Nuff said. Explains the whole episode.

p/s  don't forget the m-count.

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #189 on: April 20, 2024, 02:49:31 PM »
MY GOD!!!! How much worse can this show get?????
The B.D. kids I have to put up with everyday at school are more entertaining than than this porta potty show.