Author Topic: Fishing  (Read 9045 times)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Fishing
« on: March 20, 2021, 01:32:32 PM »
Somethin's fishy here...yes, some Germans fish, too!

Click here to see how I store my loose collection.
I also found some handy stuff at my local building supplies store.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 01:48:36 PM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Fishing
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2021, 05:42:44 AM »
Oh yes, I do a lot of fishing too. Maybe I need to start a fishing thread.

Due to covid last year instead of going on a vacation the family got a kayak and a canoe. I have since registered it and am in the process of putting a trolling motor on it.

It is almost warm enough to start fishing again too.

Those are some great boating supplies.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2021, 05:53:41 AM »
I would definitely like to see who likes to fish and how you do it and with what lures, bait, equipment, etc.

Here is one I caught last year from the back about inch off the shore:

I was fishing from the bank on a new lake I never had fished in before and was actually stuck up in the leaves about ten feet up above the shore with my nightcrawler just dangling in the water just a few inches from shore and he hit and I got unstuck real quick. My buddy almost fell in the water trying to come over with his net to help me. Things got serious after that. I put this gal back in the water too. I got good measurements so I might do a repro mount of her one day.

That and Covid spurred the family to get these:

With the canoe being mainly when the whole family wants to go. We have quite a few bodies of water around me where gas engines aren't allowed so this is a nice way to go and good exercise.

I have recently gotten a battery and trolling motor for the canoe so I can expand my range a bit so we will see how it geos.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2021, 01:52:11 AM »
Wow, you did all the magic Shawn. Thanks for creating this thread. It's impressive what you can do as admin of this site.

These pictures you shared look so fun to me! It's so good to be out at and on the water. My favorite is being in the water though - always loved diving and will share some pics of me diving, soon.

I also got good memories when I went fishing with my host dad on Lake Michigan.
To me it was all about being on the lake early in the morning to watch the sun rise and breath in the fresh air of the new day. I think I've never felt more alive than during my time as an exchange student. I was 17 years old, went to high school in Ludington, Michigan, had a Walmart and meijer not so far away (except a TARGET, which was a 50 minute drive), but the pegs were LOADED with figures at meijer back in 2010.
Let me tell ya, I was a happy camper back then!

I wasn't allowed to fish on Lake Michigan myself. Rules are very strict here in Germany, too, but you can't buy your fishing license here for $13 at Walmart.
My host dad took me fishing and I just enjoyed the atmosphere. Still, 3 salmons were allowed to fish per person on board. We also caught some trouts, which were equally delicious.
By now I'm vegan and my only regret is that I didn't become vegan a decade earlier.

My host dad knows all kinds to prepare salmon: grill, fry, smoke - it was the very best salmon I've eaten all my life. Good times.

Can't believe this is 11 years ago already!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 02:37:45 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2021, 02:37:35 AM »
Trout fishing is fun too. I have always wanted to catch a salmon. I do like seafood a good bit. Just about any type.