Author Topic: Hasbro PulseCon 2023 - HasbroPulse online Convention Sep. 22, 2023  (Read 5058 times)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Hasbro PulseCon 2023 - HasbroPulse online Convention Sep. 22, 2023
« on: September 25, 2020, 02:41:26 PM »
So did you enjoy the first day of Hasbro's online convention?

What about the announcements for their STAR WARS brand? Are you happy with the news?

https://hasbropulse.com/pages/hasbro-pulsecon-2020

The Vintage Collection

The Black Series

TBS6 Dark Vision Rey

The Mandalorian

Holiday Edition - shared excusives

Roleplay: Force FX Elite - Ahsoka Tano's blue lightsaber

« Last Edit: September 22, 2023, 03:28:21 AM by Darth More »

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: Hasbro PulseCon 2020 - HasbroPulse online Convention Sep. 25-26, 2020
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2020, 03:25:35 PM »

Cosplay Contest

HasLab

« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 03:37:19 PM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2020, 06:59:41 AM »
Wow Philipp just a great breakdown of all the new reveals. I was so busy getting them onto the front pages I was just dead tired when I got done. Thanks for posting stuff here. Of course I am excited by a lot of the stuff they showed us yesterday. So much so I pre-ordered the following:

Razor Crest of course!

The Pulse Exclusive Armourer

Black Series Incincerator

Black Series Deluxe Boba Fett

Vintage Collection Rex

Vintage Collection Incinerator Trooper (Wal-Mart only)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2020, 07:01:23 AM »
And those Holiday Troopers are just awful if you want to know my opinion. Even the Hasbro people couldn't introduce them with a straight face yesterday.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2020, 07:36:38 AM »

Day 2 is now live. JOE Panel is going strong. I have the video loaded at the top of the front pages.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2020, 12:23:26 PM »
I continue to be underwhelmed by Hasbro ' s TVC offerings. They clearly favor the Black Series, with numerous new offering and even being silly with it (Holiday Troopers?). Yet they offer odd repacks (black dress Padme?), overpriced favorites (Arc 3-pack, over $16 per figure, whatever happened to a price break on multi-packs). They've done great work in TVC - Hondo, the Mandalorian figures - but there is a slow trickle and distribution continues to be a problem (the Incinerator Trooper to Walmart - really?).

I'm really happy for collectors who cherry pick what they like (not line specific) and for people who buy TBS and can genuinely be excited for the new stuff being produced. But, due to budget and space, I've limited myself to 3.75 inch and honestly feel a bit conflicted. I want to support the TVC line, but I'm not an impulse buyer, so can't justify buying figures I already have just to encourage Hasbro to sell. I really wish that Hasbro would just get into TVC all the new TBS figures they've done and I'd be willing to take them at their word that they want to support the line, but it doesn't really seem that way. I won't quit the line, like some do. I'll be a lifelong 3.75 Star Wars toy enthusiast, but it's a bit discouraging to feel like everyone else is getting new and we're getting (mostly) table scraps. Just my perspective.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 12:37:24 PM by Starchaser »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2020, 01:08:43 PM »
 I agree. I won't be buying repacks unless it's a hard to find figure, or would make good custom fodder. The ones revealed are neither of those, so I can't reward Hasbro's bad selections. If they select hard to find figures I'll even pre-order them. Like Tarkin, ugnaughts, even Willrow Hood, I can use that figure for a number of customs, and he comes with a camtono. They could repack the bounty hunters or AT-AT driver on TESB cards, just any number of  of figures would be better than the ones they offered. All they have to do is go on eBay and see what figures are going for crazy prices, and get a piece of the pie. If they repacked the Rebel Trooper separately from the one included in the Tantive IV that would be awesome, because you can't have a proper T4 display with one trooper. Good luck finding him on eBay.  The Walmart Exclusive lines repacks were great! Royal Guard and Ponda Baba were genius! Even General Lando, was a great choice, the third time was too much though. Admiral Ackbar another great choice. Those figures are still cheap on eBay, but before the re release they were crazy expensive, especially if using for custom fodder.

I did pre-order the Flame trooper, even though I have the custom one I made. With shipping and taxes, it was almost $20 Watch in about 6 months the shelves at my Walmart are going to be packed full of these guys for $12.99.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 01:36:52 PM by JDeck »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2020, 02:30:11 PM »
I ordered the Incinerator trooper as well, but I wish that Hasbro would get these troop builder type figures out of exclusive land. Exclusives should be - well exclusive - the head of acquisitions at Walmart has a nephew that really likes bounty hunters, so do a three-pack of background bounty hunters (I can think of three great ones - Chussido and Auromae Iselo and the female human in red armor). Those kinds of exclusives might generate real collector traffic for Walmart and feel genuinely exclusive. But what do I know?

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2020, 04:03:16 PM »
Those would be good mainline figures. Hasbro is very cautious. Like the Razor Crest could have been mainline, but they're like, yeah we're going to need money upfront first. They do these trooper variant exclusives with 6" too. I think 6" has more scalpers than TVC, from what I've seen. I've been lucky enough to find most or all of the Walmart Exclusive figures in stores. It might be several months after the release date, but when they hit they are in droves. Target exclusives are hit and miss. Evidently the one closest to me got the Galaxy's Edge exclusives,  but I got there too late. The one closer to work, didn't get them at all. I really don't know which is worse. I hate all exclusives.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2020, 04:15:17 PM »
Yeah, I can see what you are saying (BTW - I actually strongly dislike exclusives too - I feel it ruins the fun of the hobby). I was able to get all the Walmart stuff in stores too, but it did require patience. I remember the days when, if you were patient, you could actually be guaranteed of finding almost everything in a retail space (I'm probably dating myself by saying that). I really enjoyed those days, not worrying about scalpers and secondary markets, just buying toys I wanted. One problem is that patience doesn't necessarily payoff today which makes people grabby (pre-orders being "sold out" - what's with that?) and robs the hobby of a lot of its fun and what should be relative innocence. As I said, I'm a "lifer" but its sure not as fun as it used to be and I actually have more discretionary income now. *sighs*
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 04:17:30 PM by Starchaser »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2020, 04:30:29 PM »
Yeah when I was a kid (POTF2), I didn't know what figures existed unless I saw them in store or on the card back.  I'd see a figure in the store and get so excited. I remember I saw snowtrooper with E-WEB and was so amazed. Now I know what's coming a year ahead of time sometimes and it's good in a way, but it kills the excitement. Yeah pre-order sell outs make absolutely no sense.  That's The point of a pre-order. Of course POTF2 was wildly over produced, you can get them at the same price they were in the 90s. Which is great for consumers, but those guys that bought them up thinking they'd be worth something someday are kicking themselves.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2020, 05:01:58 PM »
I can sure echo the feelings here. I miss the retail experience of brick and mortar. I can remember the psyche of finding some of the ROTS variants, etc. when they were out on the pegs. Does anyone remember the white faced Meena Tills? Yes, I know I am dated.

That being said, guys six inch is here to stay. I too do not like that it seems to predominate the entire SW Line now, but I do like some of the figures. I do not collect them all and cherry pick what I like and it seems I should just wait for them to go on a vintage card (yes that is another issue), but they are making some awesome figures. Does anyone think perhaps some of these six inch offering might make their way into the 3.75 inch line up because we have a six inch line?

I just kinda feel right now the Mandalorian is the only SW besides Rogue One that truly captures the OTC that I love. I know I am old and dated and old and dated yet again, but this hobby is also for the folks that grew up with just the prequels and some of them just started collecting with the six inch line.

Right now I think there is some complimentary stuff going on. Ask yourself this, if we didn't have the six inch line right now would we have a three point seven five inch line at all?

I think we are all gonna have to support eachother, whichever lines we like, if we are gonna continue to get collectibles we like at all.

Wow, I sure did wax deep there didn't I? And folks, that is just my perspective after doing this for years. You are allowed to like what you like and not like what you don't like. I just appreciate you sharing and collecting and sharing your experiences along the way.

PulseCon Out Day 2.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2020, 05:29:23 PM »
I have nothing against 6" or 6" collectors. I would like Hasbro to make even a fraction of the 6" figures into 3.75, especially with the new media. We have three Mandolorian figures (one of which is an exclusive pack in figure for a vehicle), and three Mandolorian vehicles. Just seems odd. I'm sure they make a lot of money on vehicles and playsets, but we need figures to occupy them. We just now got K2 and Chirrut, after 4 years of waiting. I think 6" got them before the movie released. 5 POA was probably the only way were getting even main characters in 3.75. Maybe I'm impatient, well I know I'm impatient. I don't think we're going to get any Rebels figures, 6" got the whole crew, twice. It just seems like they're starving the market, so we switch over. That's my tin foil hat theory.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 05:58:45 PM by JDeck »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2020, 07:23:29 PM »
Thanks for the discussion JDeck and Tamer. As I said before, I can be really happy for folks who cherry pick across lines or collect the 6 inch figures. Hasbro is doing some really cool stuff and I don't think they should stop it at all. I just feel like the claim that they've made on Fan Friday, etc. that they "love" the 3.75" line rings a little hollow and as a diehard 3.75 inch collector - look I've been buying figures since I got the Sears cantina set with blue Snaggletooth for Christmas - its disappointing. All I am wishing for is that Hasbro give 3.75" the same attention that they are giving 6", because when they do, its pretty amazing. My hope, Tamer, is that you are right and some of these 6" figures will show up in 3.75". I do agree with JDeck, its a travesty that we don't have SA 3.75" figures of the Ghost crew, the Rogue One Team and Solo gang (plus Dryden Vos). Anyway enough from me. There are, after all, more important things in life. :)