Author Topic: My 1/12 custom figures thread  (Read 3602 times)

Offline Shili Jay

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
My 1/12 custom figures thread
« on: August 04, 2020, 02:05:30 PM »
Rebels Phoenix Leader Hera Syndulla. Simple limb swap/ repaint custom using The Black Series Hera Syndulla and Jania Solo. Hera donated- head sculpt, hands, forearms, feet, and ankle holster. Jania donated- bust, torso, thighs, biceps, and vest. During construction, I kinda forgot to do away with the gun belt leg strap, so, I added a pouch. No alterations were done to head sculpt. Citadel and Vallejo paints were used.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 04:51:23 PM by Shili Jay »

Offline Shili Jay

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
Re: Rebels Phoenix Leader Hera Syndulla
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2020, 02:10:14 PM »
Rebels Phoenix Leader

Offline Shili Jay

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2020, 02:12:10 PM »
L

Offline Shili Jay

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2020, 02:13:07 PM »
Why are my my pictures rotated?

Offline Shili Jay

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2020, 02:14:35 PM »
Well, at least I finally got pictures to load again, even if the page loads however it wants.

Offline Shili Jay

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2020, 02:16:15 PM »
L

Offline Shili Jay

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
1/12 Gotal merchant
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2020, 03:52:52 PM »
Ever since watching the first episode of Rebels, I've wanted to do my take on a Gotal merchant. Using Constable Zuvio as a base and a Obi Wan bust and cutting the combo sash/obi/belt free from the tunic, of the Obi wan, I had all my Black Series fodder parts needed. The Gotal head cast  and hand casts were purchased from Outer Rim Traders and articulated with elbow joints from a clearance Jyn Erso Black series figure. When painting I kinda envisioned Dr. Zaius from the original Planet of the Apes. Yes, even though my goal was to create a Gotal from Rebels, it was not to create him exactly as seen on screen. I tend to always go my own route in that regard. Now, has anyone got any Meilooruns? Also, not a professional photographer, just a plain jane iphone with some bandai model kit boxes bottoms for my photo box, please excuse the glare from. Hopefully one day, I can get my photography game upped a little! Until then just enjoying myself and glad I'm not the only toy nerd out there!

Offline Shili Jay

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
Re: 1/12 Gotal merchant
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2020, 03:55:16 PM »
Parts used- fodder parts, full figure, and casts

Offline Shili Jay

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2020, 03:59:06 PM »
After articulations added, sanding for paint rub, and priming.

Offline Shili Jay

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2020, 04:14:49 PM »
And yet once again this page completely totally seizes up and won't let me post pictures!!

Offline Shili Jay

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2020, 05:12:00 PM »
Welp, in well over a month I have gotten 6 photos to load, sorry guys, I tried to get the painted photos to load. The page goes totally white and tells me every single time the photos have been submitted. But they are no where to be found. Floating around in internet limbo somewhere. I have emailed well over 10 times, 5 emails were directly returned and only one response gotten, that didn't give me anything to go on to know what I should do. So, I really have no idea what to do. If someone doesn't mind helping, it would be greatly appreciated.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2020, 10:23:24 PM »
Awesome Gotal! Great use of Zuvio. Yeah I have problems loading sometimes. I usually post my written, then go back and add the attachment pictures afterwards one at a time. It seems to work better, I guess it doesn't overload, rather than trying to upload all at once. Then sometimes I get a white screen, and I close out the window and it uploaded. That's just my experiences. I actually find this site to be less buggy than others, but Mabey I've gotten used to it.

Offline Mos-Eisley-Customz

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2020, 12:39:16 AM »
Why are my my pictures rotated?

Good job bud, it turned out great! 8) ..the picture is rotated because this is the custom vehicle section :P  ;D  ..re-post it here http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?board=33.0  ;)

Offline Shili Jay

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2020, 04:33:46 AM »
That’s exactly what I did. Worked fine other than rotating some of the pictures  as loading, then the page suddenly goes all white, and which it’s been doing that to me well over a month now, and I haven’t been able to post anything until today.

Offline Shili Jay

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2020, 04:52:31 AM »
Ahhhh, ok, well I'm all thumbs cause I originally thought to click the action figures section,and upon realizing where it actually posted, I have reached out to apologize for said mistakes and to see about getting it in it's correct place. Didn't know that about the photos, thank you for the information.