Author Topic: Can someone please help me?  (Read 3280 times)

Offline Shili Jay

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
Can someone please help me?
« on: August 04, 2020, 01:12:20 PM »
So, a little over a month now I have been trying to upload posts, as of today, we are on try 120. I do have one build uploaded with photos, so I am capable of doing a post here. Every single time I've tried, the page says it's been submitted, but it never shows, nor does anything show up under my profile. I have written emails requesting information, all but one were returned undeliverable, which is extremely confusing too, since it is your email system?!?!  I tried again and actually got through that time and actually did get a response but I wasn't actually given any real help at all. I have responded to that email 5 more times with screenshots and what else is going on but I haven't heard anything, my last email was on July 28. I have attempted to post on iPhone, iPad, computer, and laptop. I've also tried on Safari, Duck duck go, and Chrome. But for some reason no post will go up and no emails will go through, can anyone explain?

Offline Shili Jay

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
Re: Can someone please help me?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2020, 01:24:12 PM »
And this actually went up, I'm so confused now!

Offline Shili Jay

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2020, 04:46:01 PM »
Ok, so after this post went up so easily today after trying for well over a month, I'd figure I'd try my post again and well it actually went up. Other than the pictures rotating themselves, they went up, that being said, I did absolutely nothing different. So, I tried another post, got two pictures uploaded, page seized right back to doing everything I said above. I'm sorry but you guys have something internally going on. It has no problem with text but it has issues with uploading pictures. My pictures are only 1.7mb-4mb so there's no way they are to big. So, what else could it be, or could I be doing? Seem to work just fine the just stop, and if I did everything the exact same way, why didn't it post over a month ago?

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2020, 05:32:26 AM »
With the pictures rotating, I have the same problem. I take pictures with my phone, so if I take a portrait it will rotate it to landscape when I upload. So I have to take all pictures in landscape. If I want portrait I have to crop it. I don't know why but that's what I have to do.   With not uploading, it could be a weak connection. It takes me a long time to upload sometimes, sometimes I get the white screen. I just post the written, then go back, hit modify and select attachments, select one, save, then go back, modify, then another. Just one at a time.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 05:38:49 AM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2020, 05:52:10 AM »
Sorry you are having such a rough time posting. JDeck gave some sound on advice about posting pictures.

I am also not sure about what device you are trying to post from? I know some phones and tablets have problems posting and posting pics. This forums works best with a computer I have found out.

Although, I do have a Samsung that I can post with in a pinch so I think Android Phones do ok.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2020, 06:44:52 AM »
I'm glad your post finally got through! I always copy my text before I click "Post". It happened a few times that my post didn't get through and all the text got lost. That was quite frustrating.
I'm using a laptop with Windows 10 and an iphone to post on here. Both work well. Is it possible that it has to do with your cookies? You might want to delete some cookies on the browser you're using.

Add: I use Fireforx, Explorer and Safari.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 07:02:32 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2020, 07:57:18 AM »
Yes, I use Chrome mostly to post. Internet Browser hasn't seem to have gotten me though.

Thank you for still being willing to go through the frustration and try to figure out posting. I know my patience for that kind of stuff is usually pretty thin.