Author Topic: SDCC 2022  (Read 3423 times)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: SDCC 2022
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2023, 04:50:51 AM »
Can we please talk about yesterday's presentation by Hasbro's Star Wars brand team?
It's been a good while since they managed to blow me away like this. I mean...WOW!
The long wait for an all-new Darth Revan was well worth it! He's my favorite reveal.
But let's talk about the elephant in the room.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2023, 05:48:21 AM »
Lots of good stuff I agree. I put all the galleries on the front page.

If you want to create a SDCC 2023 thread feel free.

I mean the Ghost!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2023, 07:39:20 PM »
Alright im going to get this off my chest. The imperial officer set is a gyp! Okay we get an admiral Piett, cool. Whatever I'll take that. The assumed Yulauren with the white Tunic is actually a repainted Moff Gideon head.  Admiral Motti, which is very implied on the box art is just a head from the Rebel Trooper set. Come on now! Okay I can't place the 4th head, but seriously for the money, give us 4 new heads, just like the other sets. They could have done the Death star breifing room set. Or taken the 3d files of 6" officer heads like Veers, Rampart etc and shrunk it to 3.75. They could have knocked out 4 officers in one shot. Honestly I'm done. I know it's a stupid thing to get mad about but they've priced me out.  The price of literally everything is going up. From experience the more you charge, and the less you offer, the more customers you'll lose. 
« Last Edit: July 30, 2023, 06:06:26 AM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2023, 06:30:40 AM »
I hear you. The prices are nuts. I remember when I though seven bucks was nuts. Now, wowzers. We all reach our saturation point.

At this stage it is going to have to be over the top for me to get it.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2023, 08:35:13 AM »
I will say the figure quality is better. Sculpt paint articulation is all perfect really. Any figure they make will be the ideal version, with some exceptions like accessories. It reminds me of a customer I had. He always wanted better quality, high customer service at a lower price. It doesn't work. He ended up switching to a competitor who always undercuts us, but they're infamous for production issues. But at any rate yeah I'm at that saturation point. My pay isn't keeping up with inflation, even though my prices do, but like I said, the more you increase prices the less people will buy. I was buying full cases, now I skip more than I actually buy. Krrsantan, the Denizens 4 pack, imperial officers, thrawn, thats like 200 bucks right there. Can't do it anymore. Enjoy what I have, use that money on making dioramas and displays for what I already have.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2023, 12:31:16 PM »
Wow, thanks for the detailed description of the set, JD! I didn't take a closer look at it because I was too hyped with the new Darth Revan. I'd get the Impierial Officer 4-Pack once, maybe twice for customs.
But according to your analysis they did go very cheap here. They know how highly anticipated these space Nazis are, so...bummer.