Author Topic: SDCC 2022  (Read 3422 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
SDCC 2022
« on: June 14, 2020, 06:37:12 AM »
It is going virtual this year and will be free to attend. It sounds like you will able to do a bunch of fun things:

https://heroichollywood.com/san-diego-comic-con-home-free-july/

You can even print your own passes, etc.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2022, 08:15:14 AM by Tamer »

Online Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: SDCC 2020
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2022, 01:51:10 AM »
Do you expect Hasbro to announce any new figures at this year's Comic Con? I don't even dare to use the word "vehicle" or "creature" in the same sentence.
A Blurgg would be pretty cool to see along with Mando Season 3 though. And Mando's custom N1 Starfighter is just a no-brainer to me for The Vintage Collection.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: SDCC 2022
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2022, 07:44:37 AM »
I am sure they will announce a few things. I guess all we know for sure so far is the SDCC Exclusive is the Black Boba. Reminds me of the Kreel pack (not sure I spelled that right). I am not even sure if I want it tbh. A black paint job on everything? At this stage I am wondering how many different colored Mandos and Stormies I need? At exclusive type prices to boot.

I will be keeping the front pages and our Facebook Pages with whatever they send me. This is the last thing I got from Hasbro regarding SDCC.

"Hasbro Brings Talent, Entertainment and

Product Reveals to 2022 San Diego Comic-Con International

Visit Hasbro Booth #3213 for Meet & Greets and Signings with Peter Cullen, Power Rangers Dino Fury Cast Members, NERF’s First-Ever Mascot Murph and More, Featuring Giveaways, Trivia Sessions, Cosplay Events and Other Fun-Filled Activities

Showcasing the First-Ever Dungeons & Dragons Toy Line, Convention Exclusives and Other Exciting First Looks

PAWTUCKET, R.I.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS), a global play and entertainment company, will return to San Diego Comic-Con International, bringing an extraordinary portfolio of brands, including Transformers, Dungeons & Dragons, Magic: The Gathering, NERF, G.I. JOE and Power Rangers, as well as products from premier collaboration brands, including Star Wars™ and Marvel from The Walt Disney Company. Hasbro’s 2022 lineup will be showcased throughout the convention to deliver an epic experience for fans of all ages with several product exclusives, panels, autograph signings and more activities show-goers don’t want to miss.

Hasbro is debuting the first-ever toy line from the famed fantasy franchise, Dungeons & Dragons, at the convention, so fans can have the chance to get up close and personal with the new products. The all-new Hasbro Selfie Series action figures are also making a debut at the event, giving fans the opportunity to preview Hasbro Selfie Series figures, with a select number of fans being among the first to create and purchase their figures, shipping Fall 2022. SDCC (San Diego Comic Convention) attendees should visit the Hasbro Pulse Info Desk in Booth #3213 to obtain a ticket for an assigned time slot.  Limited tickets available, distributed on a first-come, first-served basis.

Additionally, Hasbro is partnering with Save the Children to offer a Buy One, Give One donation. For every item purchased on HasbroPulse.com from July 20 - August 31, the ultimate fan destination will donate a toy or game to Save the Children, benefitting Ukrainian refugees with up to 100,000 toys and games.

Hasbro is also offering two San Diego Comic-Con 2022 exclusive products: the Star Wars The Black Series Boba Fett™ (In Disguise) action figure and G.I. JOE Classified Series Dr. Mindbender. Starting Wednesday, July 20 at 5:30 PM PT, attendees can visit the Hasbro Booth #3213 to receive a one-time use code, which can then be scanned for preorder on HasbroPulse.com.

The following boasts Hasbro’s jam-packed programming at its booth and brand panels. San Diego Comic-Con attendees are encouraged to check the schedule posted in Hasbro’s information booth each day for updates and follow @Hasbro on Twitter, as well as @Hasbro & @HasbroPulse on Instagram for the latest happenings.

TRANSFORMERS

In celebration of the 15th anniversary of the first live action film, TRANSFORMERS, Hasbro will engage fans with trivia sessions, premium giveaways and more. Photo opportunities with Bumblebee as the 1977 Camaro, a replica car from the 2007 movie, will be available each day. The beloved voice talent of Optimus Prime, Peter Cullen, will join for a special poster signing session on Saturday.

In addition to 15th anniversary Studio Series product display, the team will have a live unboxing of the Transformers: HasLab Victory Saber, a first look and reveal of the next Transformers Generations Shattered Glass Hasbro Pulse exclusive character, and Legacy and Transformers: EarthSpark product will also be on display. The Hasbro panel will also share a sneak peek at some of the biggest Transformers product reveals of the year:

Hasbro TRANSFORMERS Product Panel: Thursday, July 21 at 1:00PM - 2:00PM | Room: 29AB 

Join the Transformers product team as Ben (Hasbro Marketing) and Evan (Hasbro Design) take attendees through some all-new Transformers: Legacy toy reveals! The team will also hold a Q&A to discuss all things Transformers, pop culture, and whatever burning questions fans have always had for the team! So, get ready for a panel that’s... More Than Meets the Eye.

Additionally, SDCC attendees can meet the next generation of heroes from the new original animated series, Transformers: EarthSpark, at the show’s first-ever San Diego Comic-Con panel. From Nickelodeon and Entertainment One, this all-new Paramount+ Original Series will showcase an insider event that celebrates a new take on the iconic global franchise and proves families come in all shapes and sizes. The panel – featuring the series voice talent including Danny Pudi (Bumblebee), Kathreen Khavari (Twitch), and Zeno Robinson (Thrash), along with co-executive producer Dale Malinowski and executive producer Ant Ward – will showcase a behind-the-scenes look at art, casting and never-before seen clips, as well as a first look at the Hasbro toyline inspired by the series that is…More Than Meets The Eye. Following the panel, the toyline will be on display in Hasbro’s booth. Panel moderated by Mike Cecchini, Editor-in-Chief, Den of Geek. Friday, July 22, 2:15 p.m. - 3:15 p.m. (Room: 6A)

DUNGEONS & DRAGONS

Hasbro is bringing the leading roleplaying game Dungeons & Dragons to life at San Diego Comic-Con with the premiere of the franchise’s first-ever toy line! Ahead of the highly anticipated movie by Paramount and eOne, Hasbro will engage fans with even more lore to add to their favorite RPG. More details, including the first products to launch, will premiere on July 21.

The product line is inspired by Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves, which premieres only in theaters March 2023 and brings the rich world and playful spirit of the legendary roleplaying game to the big screen in a hilarious and action-packed adventure.

To bring the magic to life at this year’s San Diego Comic-Con, Paramount Pictures and eOne will host a one-of-a-kind Tavern Experience to give fans a real-life sneak peek into the new movie, Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves. The Tavern, located in the heart of the Gaslamp Quarter on the corner of Sixth Avenue and Island Avenue, features a 20-minute, immersive experience for unique photo ops and exclusive takeaways. Follow @dungeonsanddragonsmovie for the latest updates.

Fans can also join Paramount Pictures and eOne in Hall H Thursday, July 21st at 12:00pm PT for the Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves panel.

MAGIC: THE GATHERING

Stop by the Hasbro booth for a signing with Mark Rosewater, the head designer for Magic: The Gathering, as well as the branded panel for the latest updates on the groundbreaking fantasy franchise:

Magic: The Gathering Panel, Blogatog Live: Saturday 6:30 pm -7:30 pm | Room 24ABC

Magic head designer Mark Rosewater presents this one-man program in which he re-creates his daily blog, answering the audience's questions about the making of the popular trading card game and revealing new, never-before-seen cards, mechanics, and more from the upcoming Unfinity release.

NERF

The NERF brand’s first-ever official mascot, MURPH, will make their live debut at the Hasbro booth bringing their fun, playful and social personality to the convention. Over the past few weeks, MURPH has gone viral on social media and launched their own Twitter account, @MurphFromNerf. The already beloved mascot is stepping from the digital world to the real world at SDCC to meet fans IRL for the first time!

Additionally, NERF will announce a highly anticipated new product. Attendees will have the opportunity to see the new item for the first time in the Hasbro booth.

G.I. JOE

Hot on the heels of all the excitement from YO JOE! JUNE comes G.I. JOE at Comic-Con! Attendees will be the first to experience a painted model of the newest Hasbro Pulse HasLab, the G.I. JOE Classified Series H.I.S.S Tank. The booth will also feature a Classified Series artwork signing by illustrator John Giang, poster giveaways and more! And don’t miss all of the inside information on the G.I. JOE Classified Series at the must-see panel:

Hasbro G.I. JOE: Classified Series Panel: Saturday, July 23 at 12:00PM - 1:00PM | Room: 9

Whether you’re team Joe or a secret member of Cobra, everyone can agree that G.I. JOE's new Classified Series toy line is an absolute hit! Join Emily and Lenny from the development team to hear never-before shared behind-the-scenes secrets, get a sneak peek into the future of Classified Series, and learn more about the first G.I. JOE Classified Series HasLab. Make sure to attend… because knowing is half the battle!

Additionally, be sure to stop by the Entertainment Earth booth #2343 for a sweet reveal from Hasbro and Entertainment Earth!

POWER RANGERS

It’s MORPHIN Time! Fan-favorite members of the hit live action series “Power Rangers Dino Fury” are stopping by the Hasbro booth for meet & greets and signings. Take home souvenirs you’ll never forget from the Dino Fury Pink Ranger Hunter Deno, Dino Fury Black Ranger Chance Perez or Dino Fury Red Ranger Russell Curry.

Continue a journey through the Morphin Grid with BOOM! Studios panel - Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Charge to 100 and Beyond!—A MORPHINOMINAL Celebration of 100 issues over five years of ongoing MMPR comic books from BOOM! Studios. Join Ryan Parrott (Mighty Morphin Power Rangers), Mat Groom (Mighty Morphin), and Melissa Flores (Mighty Morphin Power Rangers), along with series editors Dafna Pleban and Allyson Gronowitz, for a discussion on the history of the series, and an exciting look at what’s next! Thursday, July 21 at 2:00PM-3:00PM |Room: 25ABC

STAR WARS

Inspired by a galaxy far, far away... comes fun Star Wars product giveaways at the Hasbro booth, along with several cosplay contests and trivia sessions. Fans can also collect three posters celebrating recent iconic items within The Vintage Collection. At the Hasbro panel, attendees can get an in-depth look at all-new product offerings (including the recently revealed Star Wars™ Wild Ridin Grogu and new Star Wars™ Bounty Collection Series wave) from the beloved franchise:

Hasbro Star Wars Panel: Friday, July 22 at 2:00PM - 3:00PM | Room: 7AB 

Join Patrick Schneider, Chris Reiff, & Jing Houle from the Hasbro Marketing & Design teams as they discuss the popular Hasbro Star Wars line, including the Black Series and The Vintage Collection. Attendees will get an in-depth look at Hasbro’s latest action figure and premium roleplay offerings from throughout the saga. Word on the Holonet™ is there may also be a few surprises.

MARVEL

At the Hasbro booth, celebrate the 20th Anniversary of Marvel Legends and Spider-Man’s 60th Anniversary with Spider-Man: Beyond Amazing. Expect fun and interactive Marvel activities including an amazing virtual Q&A with Hasbro’s Product Designer Dwight Stall, spectacular guest signings including Marvel Comics Writer Dan Slott (Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, She-Hulk) and Eric Lewald, Julia Lewald and Dan Veesenmeyer from X-Men: The Animated Series. The booth events will also feature Marvel trivia for incredible prizes, an ultimate Infinity Gauntlet Rock Paper Scissors tournament, and more.

Join the Legends team at the Hasbro panel for some eye-popping product reveals and surprises.

Hasbro Marvel Legends Panel: Friday, July 22 at 12:30PM - 1:30PM | Room: 5AB 

Steve Evans, Ryan Ting, Dan Yun and Monique Colasante (Hasbro) plus special guest Jesse Falcon (Marvel/Disney) share exciting news for Hasbro’s popular Marvel Legends product line. They will give a sneak peek at upcoming, never-before-seen items and hold a Q&A session for attendees.

STARTING LINEUP

Launching this fall partnership with the National Basketball Association (NBA) and National Basketball Players Association (NBPA) the Starting Lineup brand will feature legendary NBA superstars as part of its first wave of figures and will be available for pre-order starting September 22 exclusively on Hasbro Pulse and across the Fanatics network of online sites, including Fanatics.com and official league stores.

The Starting Lineup brand developed a massive following by bringing sports enthusiasts figures of their favorite superstar players accompanied by a trading card for more than a decade.

Who do you think will make the Starting Lineup?"

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: SDCC 2020
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2022, 08:14:44 AM »
Just saw this on my Facebook Feed. Looks like there is a placeholder for it already:

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/sdcc2022/products/star-wars-the-black-series-boba-fett-in-disguise

Some folks were evidently able to put in orders around 10pm or so. I am not sure Hasbro will honor those though. It shouldn't go up for preorder till after sdcc is over (if they do things the way they have in the past).

Online Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2022, 12:48:50 AM »
Okay, I dare to make a prediction for today's Star Wars presentation. I expect the next TVC playset, that was recently rumored, is going to be the hallway of Gideon's Light Cruiser as seen in the final of Mando Season 2. I expect it to be modular like the Tantive IV hallway so that we all buy multiples of them, again ;) This will be a perfect display piece for the upcoming Luke Skywalker and Dark Trooper figures to interact with each other.

And I cross my fingers that Hasbro actually reveal Mando's new ship: the modified N1 Starfighter for TVC.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2022, 07:38:14 AM »
I like the way you think. You would think that type of playset would go great with their "Rescue Set" they have going with the Darktrooper, Moff, Djinn, and Grogu. I think if they don't announce at least one good vehicle fans are gonna go nuts. That Naboo Starfighter would be nice though.

So far, Hasbro has only sent me assets for Power Rangers, Nerf, Transformers, and D and D.

If anyone wants to see the Power Rangers and Nerf Stuff let me know. I expect the new Star Wars stuff to come out this afternoon.

Dan has also gotten some good stuff from the Mattel Booth and Jurassic World online too. Just check out the front pages.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2022, 11:35:22 AM »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2022, 06:47:45 PM »
Well Phil I bet you are shaking your head with the ship reveal.

We get yet another repaint of "Boba Fett's Starship"

We had some black series reveals:

Some vintage reveals:

I was liking this one until I figured who did the head scan for it:

They did some new credit chit figures in the form of the Darktrooper and Bo Katan too.

I am also downloading high resolution images, but man my internet is soing so slow tonight.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2022, 06:48:11 PM »
« Last Edit: July 22, 2022, 07:16:17 PM by Tamer »

Online Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2022, 01:19:08 AM »
The Vintage Collection

Good morning guys,

I'm sitting here with my morning coffee and a big smile on my face! Hasbro actually announced not one, but two vehicles for The Vintage Collection!
Sure, it's the third Slave I we get, but it actually makes sense to me. And it could've been much worse.
I'm thankful that they updated the Empire Strikes Back version with additional paint apps and added this cool display stand. Awesome stuff, which I gladly bought for 123€ since I only got the original release used for 50€ or so.
I expect Disney to have not shared any details on The Book of Boba Fett with Hasbro before. So the decision to update the Slave I was probably Hasbro's. And the next win is that we now have another run of this ship with its original name on it.
Now the show is still relatively new and the tooling is still hot, so I think it makes absolutely sense to me to release the iconic starship of the main character. This time around with additional paint apps, the display stand AND a TVC figure included (not carded). Maybe we even get lights & sounds for the 4th release?!  :D
But this joke aside, I really like the alternate box design with the logo to the show. It's not different enough to make me mad, but I'm happy for all who enjoy the show. I'll spend my money on something else.

The second biggest win to me of last night's presentation is the fact that Hasbro have the 40th Anniversary of Return of the Jedi on their radar for both scales this time! And with the amount of stuff they announced yesterday, I'm quite optimistic that this is going to be a good year(s)! We're probably going to see tied products from 2023-2024 and in 2025 it's the 20th Anniversary of Revenge of the Sith, which I come to in a bit.
But the fact that they decided to tool the Speeder Bike from the ground up is awesome! I mean the 2012 version for Toys "R" Us is perfect to me, but if they invest into new tooling, I'll never say no. I doubt it's just their passion for TVC though. I suppose they just don't have access to the tooling anymore.
A re-tooled/updated Biker Scout on the other hand IS LONG OVERDUE! So they finally listened.
But the fact that they actually invest in new tooling even for vehicles again, gives me hope that we're finally going to see an all-new A-Wing in ROTJ box.

I expect the next playset to be announced at PulseCon then. I thought this RESCUE SET MULTIPACK and TBS CASSIAN ANDOR & B2EMO were sold at SDCC'22 already?! So Hasbro had no exclusives for this year's Comic Con, then? Interesting. The price tag for both sets is beyond abysmal to me though. I mean $75 for 3 (repacked) and 1/4 figures?! Or $56 for a Cassian and a rolling garbage bin? Sorry, but I'm out here. What are they thinking?
Still the term they use for the Vintage set gives me hope that this medium could open new old possibilities for the return of what was known as Battle Packs back in the days...

THE VINTAGE COLLECTION THE RESCUE SET MULTIPACK

Those deluxe packs with Ahsoka, Incinerator Trooper and Stormtrooper with E-Web cannon are hitting shores here in Europe at the moment. And I got so many more ideas for this format!
How about an Ewok with Attack Glider for next year?
We could also have an Ewok with a fire place to either fry Han or some Imperial Stormies, right?
This also leaves space for an Ewok Village...maybe the next HasLab?
I'd rather build my own though and have Hasbro make a Death Star playset, instead.

I'm going to ask Hasbro again, why it's possible to release the Slave I for the third time, but not to give the AT-ST Raider a second run, too. Mando Season 3 would be a great occasion. Do you think they'd re-release the Endor Scout Walker for the 40th Anniversary? Maybe with the exclusive logo? Another question for Hasbro.

The biggest win to me however was the pipeline reveal of an all-new Phase II Clone Trooper! I never wanted to give Patrick a hug more than at the end of yesterday's panel. As you might know, the #41 Clone Trooper lit the Star Wars fever in me back in 2005. I never was a fan of the VC45 Clone Trooper. It's way to skinny for it height. The latest ARC Troopers however are of the perfect height to me. And I'm so amazed my the new Clone Trooper versions for The Black Series that I so hoped for a similar one in The Vintage Collection. To me this is a true indicator that Hasbro places their next printer to print money after the new Stormtrooper mold.
And it also indicates that they have the 20th Anniversary of Revenge of the Sith on the radar. I keep my fingers crossed that it's going to be as good as the ARC Trooper. In any case it opens countless new doors for future releases, also army-builder 4-Packs. If Disney give their blessing, 2025 and beyond will be the time for the Prequels to shine, again.
I'm hopeful for this good time to continue for years to come!

The biggest win for most fans was probably the pipeline reveal of Admiral Piett. And I keep my fingers crossed that it's going to be awesome. They can re-use the new tooling for endless other Imperial dudes of importance. I can even see a 4-Pack of those gentlemen in grey. A new Tarkin anyone? Let's hope for a plastic skirt this time around. A new Endor Han also gives me hope that they're going to update all other main characters instead of the outdated repacks they gave us on the Lucasfilm50 cards...that was just a sadly missed opportunity.

I also want to have a 3D printer in 3 years. Cheers.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2022, 02:13:01 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2022, 07:47:23 AM »
Well Phil, I am glad you are liking the news.

I am still trying to load the high rez galleries on our FB Page. Some of the images are in a tif format which throws everything off, but I am trying again.

Still was hoping for a better ship announcement. Surely they will get that Naboo Starfighter on the docket and not have to have a HasLab for it.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2022, 08:18:17 AM »
The images are on the front page, for the most part.

There were three figures they sent tif files on that I have to convert  before they will load.

I will admit there are some nice things. I am also thinking I am not doing any new six inch figures until they release on the chit packaging. I like that so much better than the black series boxes.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2022, 02:32:10 PM »
Now remember these won't go live till 5PM EST today, but figured this might make it easier as some of these are exclusives:

Credit Chit 6" The Mandalorian:

https://amzn.to/3b3gZ36

Credit Chit 6" Tusken Raider:

https://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/figures/products/hasbro-star-wars-the-black-series-star-wars-the-mandalorian-tusken-raider-action-figure-gamestop-exclusive/326755.html

Credit Chit 6" Boba Fett:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Star-Wars-The-Black-Series-Credit-Collection-Boba-Fett-Action-Figure/552045211

Credit Chit 6" Dark Trooper:

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/new/products/star-wars-the-black-series-credit-collection-dark-trooper

Credit Chit 6" Bo-Katan:

https://ee.toys/IONN4K

TBS 6" Light Cruiser Luke Skywalker:

https://ee.toys/KPSJJQ

TBS 6" HK-47:

https://ee.toys/Q0BMSJ

TBS 6" Miggs Mayfield:

https://ee.toys/90YA9G

TBS 6" Grogu:

https://ee.toys/OV97IG

DARTH VADER FORCE FX ELITE LIGHTSABER:

https://ee.toys/WGA8ZZ

TVC Cal Kestis:

https://ee.toys/TDHG3G

TVC Boba Fett's Starship:

https://ee.toys/HATZJL

TVC Klatoonian Raider:

https://ee.toys/KBJP5W

TVC Light Cruiser Luke Skywalker:

https://ee.toys/1SSTE3

I will be updating this as links become available and remember some of the things they showed us yesterday don't go on preorder until later in the week and or Fall. Click here to see the full list of offerings and release dates and times.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2022, 06:10:37 AM by Tamer »

Online Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2022, 04:36:38 AM »
Thanks for the links, Shawn!! I wish it was HK-47 already. But instead they call it HK-87... hope they don't charge your bank account a year in advance. It's a big let down that we have to pre-order new stuff a year in advance. Get it now or never on ebay for even more money...

Is there a pun intended with the Credit Chit? Isn't the C supposed to be an S? I'm asking for a friend.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2022, 06:12:12 AM »
LOL, Phil! Yeah, I think it is just another way to get more money from the same AF Line.

I do like the vintage look of these though. I don't think I am gonna buy any 6" figures that aren't on a vintage card like this anymore. And be picky at that as just yesterday that is a lot of deniro to shell out.

Chit indeed!