Kenner / Hasbro Collecting > Black, Mission, and Saga Legends Series

New look for the Black Series

(1/2) > >>

Tamer:
Not so Black anymore:

My initial thoughts are:

1. They seem like squarer boxes which take up more space daggone it!
2. So how many repacks with this new box look?

I do, however, love the artwork on em. Looks nice. I wonder how long till we get a mega create a scene?

Clonehead:
I agree buddy. They look good but take more case space than the red boxes did.
   I don’t expect to see than mando in the wild. I’m still waiting on my pre ordered one
Getting an Ewok, eh?

Flash:
I will have to say, that packaging sure is pretty. If I were a MIB collector, I would probably grab these.

Tamer:

--- Quote from: Flash on May 29, 2020, 07:57:14 PM ---I will have to say, that packaging sure is pretty. If I were a MIB collector, I would probably grab these.

--- End quote ---

I am sure a few of em will get me because of this. I just hope not too many of em are repacks, but I look for a lot of them to be.

Darth More:
When I first saw these images on Yakface.com yesterday, my thoughts were:

Heck, I could see a Lineup of Knights of the Old Republic characters like the one for all the REBELS characters. Don't know why, it just came up to my mind although a KotOR series seems unlikely to happen at this point. I wonder how and why they came with this idea. I suppose that Hasbro are aware that many collectors display their Collection in box. So they now give them an even nicer touch on the packaging.

I absolutely love the new art design on the boxes. However I read on JTA yesterday that Hasbro do not colaborate with Gregory Titus anymore, which is a real shame.
Here's the link to his website: https://www.gregorytitus.com/
Let's hope that another Artist gets the chance to get more attention now. The new design really caught me by surprise! I still think Gregory Titus set a nice legacy with close to 200 artworks for The Black Series.

And I wonder if the new "Gaming Greats" sub-line was just a test run for a new packaging design. The echo I've heard was very positive and who had expected two versions of Revan and characters of The Force Unleashed in this line?! It's such a great time to be a 6" collector now…

All those repacks keep the prices in the aftermarket down, which I also find very positive. If you're not a completist and wait for a charater, you can choose the cheapest Option or the most beautiful box design.
If you want to collect only one movie, TV show or Trilogy, it looks like you can do that now! If Hasbro continue the line like that it feels as if they brought a new (better) order to it. I know everyone is excited if there's a new numbering now. (I suppose there will be!).

Yes, the boxes aren't as wide anymore. Espcecially the box of the Mandalorian looks fuller now even though he doesn't come with more accessories. Pretty smart, Hasbro! And smaller characters liek Ewoks might not look as lost in the packaging as the Jawas might.
And the boxes are deeper now in favor of the gorgeous artwork! I can well live with that! Plus the square Bottom might enable Hasbro to bring deeper/wider characters into the main line like a Destroyer Droid maybe? But with all the joints I assume that Hasbro will make a Droideka a Deluxe figure and maybe even include a folded version with no articulation instead of acessories (or maybe a blasting shield?).

I'm really happy to finally see a new packaging deisgn because I heard many collectors getting tired of the Phase III boxes…

Good news for TBS here! Let's hope there will be such a great day for The Vintage Collection, too, in the near future...it derserves it!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version