Author Topic: Galgrebaa Spaceport.  (Read 31278 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Galgrebaa Spaceport.
« Reply #150 on: February 28, 2021, 07:16:42 AM »
Looks good. It really adds a nice effect overall. I keep thinking maybe Sabine should be there to give them some tips. LOL.

Off to the front pages.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #151 on: February 28, 2021, 10:10:10 AM »
Looks good. It really adds a nice effect overall. I keep thinking maybe Sabine should be there to give them some tips. LOL.

Off to the front pages.

I have a Sabine somewhere. I bought the R1 release because I actually found it in a store. I put it somewhere so I wouldn't loose the guns and helmet, and lost the whole thing.
So it's either buy a new one at $25 or get a Hiya toys Robocop 2 with the graffiti on him.

I found her. Repeat, I found her. She's missing a blaster. It'll turn up somewhere. Now I can get the Robocop.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 11:18:51 AM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #152 on: February 28, 2021, 06:59:17 PM »
    I figured out what I wanted to make. I decided on a Cafe Speeder. Kind of a small dieselpunk style speeder. It's basic construction is made from spray bottle parts and a vallejo bottle. Even the seat is the spray bottle trigger, and it works great for a two seater. I still need to make the handles and foot controls, but I got tired.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 07:01:26 PM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #153 on: February 28, 2021, 09:37:03 PM »
  Went ahead and put the handles on. Theyre disposable razor and e11 handles. Also I added more greebles. After I took the pictures I started painting. Should be done soon.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 09:47:35 PM by JDeck »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #154 on: March 01, 2021, 12:29:26 AM »

The Ready Player One figures will work great for that! The Roblox Digital Artist (Imagination Collection) is 3.75 inch scale and has spray cans on her hip, I think she's $9.70 on Amazon if your interested :)

Thank you for the tip. I went on Amazon and bought one. I can definitely use the cans and the hoverboard. I was going to get the Super 7 Future Marty from BTF2, but this will be much better, and less than half the cost. Thanks again!
[/quote]

Happy to share! Especially if it can keep costs down:)

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #155 on: March 01, 2021, 12:31:27 AM »
Love the graffiti! I may need to learn how to make some!

Thank you! I just used paint pens, and wrote random stuff. I'm sure with practice, you can make cool lettering and something much much better than I did. It's just trying to get the Aurebesh lettering right. I didn%u2019t want to get too fancy my first attempt.

Hey Starchaser, those Roblox accessories really did the trick. Now my punk kids are complete. The boombox is from the Mezco cockroach guy i used for that last figure I did.

Yeah. I agree, the whole scene looks really awesome! I'm so glad it all worked out. The scene gave me a huge smile!

That speeder is brilliant! I love what you are doing with the spray bottle parts - how very creative. The design works really well and totally fits in.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 12:33:26 AM by Starchaser »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #156 on: March 01, 2021, 03:54:59 AM »
Hard to believe this is just spray bottle parts. It looks perfect; and what a way to create a quality vehicle for just pennies and ingenuity. Man looks perfect with that primer on it.

Off to share on the front pages.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #157 on: March 01, 2021, 04:19:16 PM »
Hard to believe this is just spray bottle parts. It looks perfect; and what a way to create a quality vehicle for just pennies and ingenuity. Man looks perfect with that primer on it.

Off to share on the front pages.

Thank you. Yeah the spray bottle is where it's at.  A month ago I would have said it was crazy.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #158 on: March 01, 2021, 04:24:30 PM »
   I finished the Dieselpunk Cafe Swoop. I'll call it the Gremlin, (named after the ww2 terminology for unexplained aircraft engine malfunctions).  It was built by the Twi'lek Rhea, out of a broken down airspeeder engine that was laying around her shop. She uses it for swoop racing in her spare time.
  I like how it turned out. I'm a fan of dieselpunk art, and ww2 era aircraft technology. I didn't have a true blue, so I mixed light and dark blue, and it turns out to be the same color as the pilot, so it worked out.  I used the ak interactive Aluminum on it as well. Some of the engine parts are Tamiya copper. Something's a little off, the handlebars aren't lined up exactly with the seat. I think the back half rotated slightly, before the glue set. So I'm going to just have it parked as opposed to having a rider in flight. It works for a one day build, from scraps.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 07:09:35 PM by JDeck »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #159 on: March 01, 2021, 08:02:16 PM »
That totally works. I like the paint scheme a lot.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #160 on: March 02, 2021, 03:56:55 AM »
I agree this is spot on perfect and would fly off the pegs if offered by Hasbro. Thanks for sharing the idea and how youd did this.

Off to the front pages.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #161 on: March 02, 2021, 02:00:45 PM »
That totally works. I like the paint scheme a lot.

Thank you! The color reminds me of the 63' baby blue Falcon my grandpa had.

I agree this is spot on perfect and would fly off the pegs if offered by Hasbro. Thanks for sharing the idea and how youd did this.

Off to the front pages.

Thank you. Next time I get the urge to make something out of junk, I can do another dieselpunk swoop. Originally I wanted a twin over-under engine design, but I didn't want to go back to DT. When I get in the mode, I can't stop.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #162 on: March 02, 2021, 11:25:17 PM »

Thank you! The color reminds me of the 63' baby blue Falcon my grandpa had.

That'd be one weird baby blue :) Though a '63 could seriously use a paint job! (I've got an '87 Chevy that looks pretty rough)

Offline RCWCreations

• Marshal
    • Richard's Creative Workshop
« Reply #163 on: March 03, 2021, 03:37:09 AM »
This awesome, I love it!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #164 on: March 03, 2021, 04:37:17 PM »

That'd be one weird baby blue :) Though a '63 could seriously use a paint job! (I've got an '87 Chevy that looks pretty rough)

It wasn't that weathered, but it was a light pastel blue. Now days most cars are either white, black or grey. 

This awesome, I love it!

Thank you. I think I'll make more of these.