Author Topic: Galgrebaa Spaceport.  (Read 31153 times)

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: Galgrebaa Spaceport.
« Reply #135 on: February 19, 2021, 12:13:40 AM »
Got to love Dollar Tree! I really like that "forklift" droid. The design is great and the fact that's its basically dollar store bits disassembled and then reassembled is genius (and makes the project accessible for others). I might have to ask you for a detailed description of your process so I can build one myself, as I have started painting my boxes as well. :) Really inspiring work!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #136 on: February 19, 2021, 05:45:18 AM »
Once again just a great build. Folks are liking this one on our FB Page too.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #137 on: February 19, 2021, 05:27:18 PM »
Got to love Dollar Tree! I really like that "forklift" droid. The design is great and the fact that's its basically dollar store bits disassembled and then reassembled is genius (and makes the project accessible for others). I might have to ask you for a detailed description of your process so I can build one myself, as I have started painting my boxes as well. :) Really inspiring work!

Thank you! Yeah that's basically the jist of it. Basically you get a bunch of parts together and do a "dry fit" to see what parts fit together and look cool. Then I use Gorilla hot glue, it dries fast it holds well with the different types of plastic, and if it gets sloppy it looks like welds. But yeah thats the cool thing i can replicate by using the same parts at the dollar store.

Once again just a great build. Folks are liking this one on our FB Page too.

Thanks again. I'm glad it came out so well. I was determined to make a crane or a forklift thing. Not sure what to make next.

Offline BlackThorne

• Colonel
  • Jamming!
    • Forja das Estrelas
« Reply #138 on: February 19, 2021, 05:58:00 PM »
This droid is very, very nice. Reminds me of the power loader from Aliens.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #139 on: February 20, 2021, 08:41:31 PM »
This droid is very, very nice. Reminds me of the power loader from Aliens.

Thank you! I was thinking of getting the Hiya Toys loader, but i figured I could make something cheaper and more designed for my needs. The loader was an inspiration.

I thought I would add some graffiti to my alley. Nothing special, as I'm not a graffiti artist. The alley was just missing something.  I used "Painter" paint pens from Wal-Mart. The ones I bought from Michael's was just expensive junk magic markers. Waste of money.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 12:25:39 AM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #140 on: February 21, 2021, 05:52:50 AM »
Looks nice to me. Off to share on the front pages.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #141 on: February 21, 2021, 10:39:40 PM »
I think the graffiti turned out really well. Now you just need a Sabine Wren figure with a spray paint cannister lurking around Galgrebaa (or the Roblox painter/skater figure).

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #142 on: February 22, 2021, 04:51:32 AM »
I like the mastiff spraying your vaporator too. You have definitely captured a day in real life.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #143 on: February 22, 2021, 06:15:41 AM »
Looks nice to me. Off to share on the front pages.
I like the mastiff spraying your vaporator too. You have definitely captured a day in real life.

Thank you. Yeah they were just figures I had handy, just to get an idea of how many figures I can comfortably get in that section. I'll end up making some scenes later on, when it's more complete.

I think the graffiti turned out really well. Now you just need a Sabine Wren figure with a spray paint cannister lurking around Galgrebaa (or the Roblox painter/skater figure).

Thank you! The Aurebesh kind of gives it a foreign look. Like Central/Eastern Europe graffiti, which looks like gibberish but it's not. I actually translated words and sayings like Echuta, Dank Ferrik, maclunkey, just stuff kids would write. I had a sabine, but I don't know where she is, and im not paying the asking price. I'll use the Ready Player One figures for my punk kid delinquents.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #144 on: February 22, 2021, 10:53:55 AM »
Jdeck, this is great! What a detailed and lively scene. That Graffiti sure is fun.
I could see that corner during the evening, lit up a bit here and there with some other alternate color light cast towards it, perhaps a little smoke or vapor drifting out of somewhere. I think you guys are stirring me up.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #145 on: February 22, 2021, 05:31:17 PM »
Awesome work on the Grafitti mate but have to say that new droid is absolutely brilliant.

Ron

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #146 on: February 23, 2021, 10:04:45 PM »
The Ready Player One figures will work great for that! The Roblox Digital Artist (Imagination Collection) is 3.75 inch scale and has spray cans on her hip, I think she's $9.70 on Amazon if your interested :)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #147 on: February 25, 2021, 07:30:45 AM »
Jdeck, this is great! What a detailed and lively scene. That Graffiti sure is fun.
I could see that corner during the evening, lit up a bit here and there with some other alternate color light cast towards it, perhaps a little smoke or vapor drifting out of somewhere. I think you guys are stirring me up.

Thank you! Yeah lighting is very important and it's always on my mind while I'm building. I don't think I'll worry too much about it now. I've lost and broken several LEDs and switched from 3v to 9v, so I might end up doing AC/DC converter, and run everything off that. I want one of those mini smoke machines, but they're expensive. Maybe if I get into figure photography, which I probably will once this project is done.

Awesome work on the Grafitti mate but have to say that new droid is absolutely brilliant.

Ron

Thank you! It was a fun project, that took less than a day's work. Need an idea for my next thing.
The Ready Player One figures will work great for that! The Roblox Digital Artist (Imagination Collection) is 3.75 inch scale and has spray cans on her hip, I think she's $9.70 on Amazon if your interested :)

Thank you for the tip. I went on Amazon and bought one. I can definitely use the cans and the hoverboard. I was going to get the Super 7 Future Marty from BTF2, but this will be much better, and less than half the cost. Thanks again!

Offline Don

• Captain
« Reply #148 on: February 26, 2021, 09:05:17 PM »
Love the graffiti! I may need to learn how to make some!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #149 on: February 27, 2021, 03:17:06 PM »
Love the graffiti! I may need to learn how to make some!

Thank you! I just used paint pens, and wrote random stuff. I'm sure with practice, you can make cool lettering and something much much better than I did. It's just trying to get the Aurebesh lettering right. I didn%u2019t want to get too fancy my first attempt.

Hey Starchaser, those Roblox accessories really did the trick. Now my punk kids are complete. The boombox is from the Mezco cockroach guy i used for that last figure I did.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 03:18:46 PM by JDeck »