Author Topic: Galgrebaa Spaceport.  (Read 31064 times)

Offline ghostskull18

• Brigadier
  • "customs that are so good, they're scary"
Re: Galgrebaa Spaceport.
« Reply #120 on: January 20, 2021, 12:43:46 AM »
Amazing work! I like the dioramas an the crates, how'd you come up with that idea? 

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #121 on: January 20, 2021, 04:57:57 PM »
Amazing work! I like the dioramas an the crates, how'd you come up with that idea?

Thank you! Spectre a few years ago posted the walmart boxes. It stuck in my mind, until I needed them, then just made them more like shipping crates.

I painted the interior of the Bodega. I just used a combination of woodglue and watercolor paint. Then painted the shelves black. Then I popped up a few floor tiles, because every bodega has popped up floor tiles. Also I got enough Wacky packages to pretty much cover the shelves. Theres about 50 different ones. I over ordered, and have about 50 more coming lol.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 05:04:45 PM by JDeck »

Offline ghostskull18

• Brigadier
« Reply #122 on: January 20, 2021, 10:08:00 PM »

Thank you! Spectre a few years ago posted the walmart boxes. It stuck in my mind, until I needed them, then just made them more like shipping crates.

I painted the interior of the Bodega. I just used a combination of woodglue and watercolor paint. Then painted the shelves black. Then I popped up a few floor tiles, because every bodega has popped up floor tiles. Also I got enough Wacky packages to pretty much cover the shelves. Theres about 50 different ones. I over ordered, and have about 50 more coming lol.
You're weclome! Really amazing work

Offline ghostskull18

• Brigadier
« Reply #123 on: January 20, 2021, 10:34:31 PM »
What is the green alien from in the bodega?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #124 on: January 21, 2021, 04:04:55 AM »

Remember Chet from wierd science? Well when Kelly LeBrock turned him into slimer? That was a great 80s movie.

Nice Bodega update. So on the front pages.

Offline Don

• Captain
« Reply #125 on: January 21, 2021, 08:09:24 AM »
Nice! I really love the signage! Good stuff!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #126 on: January 21, 2021, 01:11:08 PM »
Sweet that you got ole Chet in there!
Your paintwork on the shelves and the walls gives something for those wacky packages to pop off of, with their bright colors and sharp angles.
Looks great

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #127 on: January 21, 2021, 05:20:30 PM »

Remember Chet from wierd science? Well when Kelly LeBrock turned him into slimer? That was a great 80s movie.

Nice Bodega update. So on the front pages.

The figure is made by Super7/reaction, came out sometime last year.

Thank you Tamer. Yup I'm going to have to make another Bodega, but first I have another shop I need to make.

Nice! I really love the signage! Good stuff!
Thank you! The decals are from Bad Mother Customs. Cool thing is, his ink is translucent, so it makes for good lighted signs.

Sweet that you got ole Chet in there!
Your paintwork on the shelves and the walls gives something for those wacky packages to pop off of, with their bright colors and sharp angles.
Looks great

Thank you! Who better to sell gross food than a gross dude.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #128 on: January 21, 2021, 10:57:06 PM »
Looks really good! I'd shop there - except not when Chet was sitting in the doorway. I think this is great addition to the spaceport and adds exactly the color that is needed to feel "real."

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #129 on: January 24, 2021, 02:45:31 AM »
I think you picked the perfect figure to represent the vendor of this store. And I think Lucasfilm could highlight food and the eating culture in STAR WARS a bit more - not only to sell more cooking books of course. They did in TPM, AOTC, ANH and ESB a little bit, but even more in The Mandalorian with all the different (and partly still living) dishes for little Grogru. Love the Coke emblem and the material you chose for the backdrop! Awesome update, JD!

Add: Just checked back on page 8 and saw the side wall of the building! Wow, the gum boxes look really great all painted up hanging on the wall. Thank you so much for providing this idea. You did a phenomenal job painting and "decorating" your Spaceport!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 02:51:25 AM by Darth More »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #130 on: February 17, 2021, 04:22:56 PM »
Looks really good! I'd shop there - except not when Chet was sitting in the doorway. I think this is great addition to the spaceport and adds exactly the color that is needed to feel "real."

Thank you. I dunno man I wouldn't buy any of those products. Lol.

I think you picked the perfect figure to represent the vendor of this store. And I think Lucasfilm could highlight food and the eating culture in STAR WARS a bit more - not only to sell more cooking books of course. They did in TPM, AOTC, ANH and ESB a little bit, but even more in The Mandalorian with all the different (and partly still living) dishes for little Grogru. Love the Coke emblem and the material you chose for the backdrop! Awesome update, JD!

Add: Just checked back on page 8 and saw the side wall of the building! Wow, the gum boxes look really great all painted up hanging on the wall. Thank you so much for providing this idea. You did a phenomenal job painting and "decorating" your Spaceport!

Thank you. Yeah there's not much food in Star Wars. I liked the blue bisquick biscuit thing rey had. That seems like some processed space rations.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #131 on: February 17, 2021, 04:39:34 PM »
I made a crate handler droid. It's designed to carry the crates I made out of those walmart containers. It's made entirely out of Dollar Tree items, except for the middle tube, that is from the paper roll for my handheld work printer. The base is from a toy tank. The arms are made from spray bottle and firetruck parts. The cylinders are made from pump bottles with hair curler grate things on them. The back engine booster is from a toy cement mixer. I painted and decaled, then added the light fixtures. The two on top are from the firetruck, and the three on back are mini travel lightbrite pegs.  So this project cost about 8 dollars, and I still have parts left over.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 05:38:30 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #132 on: February 18, 2021, 06:43:42 AM »
Man, this is awesome. You have one of the most creative minds I have ever seen. So cool.

Off to share on the front pages.

Offline Wreckage

• Ensign
« Reply #133 on: February 18, 2021, 11:37:15 AM »
That is amazing. Thank you for the unpainted pic, I'll definitely hit DT looking for some of those parts.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #134 on: February 18, 2021, 03:50:22 PM »
Man, this is awesome. You have one of the most creative minds I have ever seen. So cool.

Off to share on the front pages.

Thank you Tamer, that's quite a compliment. I've been wanting to make some kind of a crane or machine to move crates around. I wanted to use the Neca Aliens power loader, but it's $100 and I'm not sure how it could handle the crates. So I went to dollar tee knowing what I wanted to   build. I was building it, and I thought it looked like a crab, which works because a crab moves side to side, back and forth, like this thing would moving crates around.

That is amazing. Thank you for the unpainted pic, I'll definitely hit DT looking for some of those parts.
Thank you! The Dollar Tree I went to was like a super DT compared to others. I spent $21, bought a bunch of stuff. They even had exacto blades and cutting mats.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 05:22:11 PM by JDeck »