Author Topic: Galgrebaa Spaceport.  (Read 31114 times)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: Galgrebaa Spaceport.
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2020, 07:33:13 AM »
The barrel/cannister in the back looks excellent and the spaceport gear also looks excellent.

Ron

Thank you the thing in the back is a Hoth cannon. I was thinking of having  defense turrets throughout the port.

It sure makes sense to me. These work so well in dios, etc.

I have some neat materials and things coming in the mail. I'll see how well they work.

Offline RCWCreations

• Marshal
    • Richard's Creative Workshop
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2020, 05:53:57 AM »
I am loving this!  Can't wait to see more!

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2020, 11:43:23 AM »
I really like how creatively you build up your spaceport from scratch! Love the story of the leaking Tibana gas tank!
I also like the containers from CHINA SHIPPING! I think you've already collected a great selection of different parts! If you want, I can at least look for some water guns for you here in Germany to see if there's evidence of a global shortage of such. lol

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2020, 08:18:43 PM »
I am loving this!  Can't wait to see more!

Thank you! There will be a lot more. This project is still in it's infancy, more like in it's fetal stage. I'm just mocking things up, building small things to see what works.

I really like how creatively you build up your spaceport from scratch! Love the story of the leaking Tibana gas tank!
I also like the containers from CHINA SHIPPING! I think you've already collected a great selection of different parts! If you want, I can at least look for some water guns for you here in Germany to see if there's evidence of a global shortage of such. lol

Thank you! The idea behind Galgrebaa Is for me to just make stuff, not worrying about screen accuracy, no 3D printing, just use the stuff I have. I don't know what I want to do with the CHINA shipping containers. I got them in a HO Scale container lot. I was thinking about making a wall out of them or something.
I can get water guns on Amazon. I'm telling you Amazon always comes through, this is why brick and mortar is dying. Not having water guns in store during the hottest week of the year in our region is beyond stupid.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2020, 08:27:32 PM »
   I made a fuel tank. I haven't painted it, just primed and sanded. I'm debating on what color to paint it. I have some Texaco decals, I kind of want to use them on this. I gave it a white wash just to see how it would look. White with a heavy weathering would be cool, then again a rust brown would be cool too. It has a dieselpunk look, which I like. That's what I like about the prequel designs, they're very art deco/dieselpunk, Buck Rogers pre ww2 look. So I want to have something like that, but heavily weathered, as if it went through a war. I want to tie it into a gas station type setting, maybe on the landing platform, whenever I start on that. So I kept the pipes loose in case I want to change it's position later.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 08:39:09 PM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2020, 12:53:31 PM »
      I finished painting the fuel tank. I mixed up some brown and red to make a hull red, similar to the A-wing color. Then painted white, and washed it away. Then gave it a black wash. I added a couple of Texaco decals. In hindsight I should have added them before I washed out the white, but meh it's a background piece.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 01:19:34 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2020, 06:24:17 AM »
Now this looks awesome. Love the Texaco sticker too. Man, this is great for your spaceport.

Off to the front pages.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2020, 12:50:52 PM »
The depot looks great. I love how you are re-purposing "empties" into diorama material. That fuel tank looks really good, and the wood glue idea totally makes sense. Thanks for sharing! (I didn't know that Texaco was interstellar - those Texans go everywhere)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 12:54:32 PM by Starchaser »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2020, 06:26:24 PM »
Now this looks awesome. Love the Texaco sticker too. Man, this is great for your spaceport.

Off to the front pages.
Thank you Tamer! I'm building a matching gas pump.

The depot looks great. I love how you are re-purposing "empties" into diorama material. That fuel tank looks really good, and the wood glue idea totally makes sense. Thanks for sharing! (I didn't know that Texaco was interstellar - those Texans go everywhere)

Thank you StarChaser! I enjoy turning junk into star wars junk. I used to do it more, but I got out of it, now I'm coming back. My Spaceport is loosely based on Texas, so I wanted to incorporate the Texaco signs, it was either that or GULF oil.

I'm making a matching gas station pump for my fuel tank. It's made from a Coco powder container flipped upside down, model kit parts and the hose is from the aquarium gravel filter kit. The thing with using containers like this is, the bottom that when flipped becomes the top, so I have to cover all the stamped words and things that give it away as a container. What you do is cut out cardboard, chipboard, styrene, I used the cardboard from a Bandai kit, cut it to fit inside the lip, and glue it down.  I gave it an art deco/ Buck Rogers look, but it's going to be weathered.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 08:01:58 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2020, 06:24:15 AM »
You need to do a dio with Han thumbing back to the Falcon with filler her up and wash the windows while your at it!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2020, 07:21:16 AM »
You need to do a dio with Han thumbing back to the Falcon with filler her up and wash the windows while your at it!

Well actually I was going to do something like that but with Boba Fett and the Slave I. I'm not buying the BMF2, it's too big and too expensive. The Slave I repack is my tops as far as size and cost.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2020, 05:49:24 PM »
I finished the paint on the pump. Same exact thing I did to the tank.  I like how it turned out. It's better than what I had originally thought of when I was dreaming up this project.  It reminds me of an old school gas station pump, but with a sci-fi star wars touch.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 06:11:55 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2020, 07:50:52 AM »
This is another great creation. So cool.

Off to the front pages.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2020, 10:46:21 AM »
That turned out soooo cool! I really love the fuel pump design and totally get the "art deco" feel. It would be at home in the 1930's Flash Gordon serial.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2020, 05:10:28 PM »
This is another great creation. So cool.

Off to the front pages.

Thank you Tamer! I need to make a shield generator next.

That turned out soooo cool! I really love the fuel pump design and totally get the "art deco" feel. It would be at home in the 1930's Flash Gordon serial.

Thank you! Art deco represents wealth and prosperity, so to have it rusty and in disrepair, would mean a recession. Galgrebaa was prosperous before the Clone Wars, then the Trade Federation and corporate Alliance destroyed it. Things got better under the Empire but it was still a shadow of it's former glory.