Author Topic: Galgrebaa Spaceport.  (Read 31481 times)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: Galgrebaa Spaceport.
« Reply #90 on: September 02, 2020, 08:54:07 AM »
Darth More  Thank you. I tried finding these box s for you on Amazon. There is a company called Really useful boxes, but the Amazon prices are insane. Here in the US they are found at some Michael's. I went to Virginia Center, they had none, but Broad Street did.  Then there are the Super Stacker brand boxes found at any Walmart they're 89ยข for the smalls and $1 for the larger sizes. (Might want to check Amazon for these).  I kind of like the Really useful boxes brand, the small ones are shorter and they have a cool honeycomb pattern on the  bottoms. I hope you find some.

Tamer Thank you! I sent a message to BMC for some custom decals so I can make some other crime syndicate  and mining guild crates along with another decal. I wanted to get him to make me some Planet Express decals from Futurama. I think that would be cool on a crate. We shall see.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 09:26:03 AM by JDeck »

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #91 on: September 03, 2020, 12:11:12 AM »
Tamer: Thanks for the link to bad mother customs! It looks like he/she used the same emblems as I did. I found some of them on google images and already made some A4 pages full of them. Now I just need to print them out to finally finish my Imperial Purge Troopers.
I hope it works with the professional printers at the copy shop. Bad Mother Customs have some pretty nice designs as well!

JDeck: Thank you so much for looking for these boxes for me! I really appreciate it. I think I'll just go to Walmart when I (hopefully) come to the U.S. next year. I'll also stop by at Michael's for sure. The last time I was in NY and MI was back in 2014.
What do you think about Hobby Lobby? And do you have an Ollie's in your area?
I've taken a look at those Really Useful Boxes (what a smart product name) and now I know what to keep my eyes open for. I'll go to two different dollar stores today and I might find something similar.
Thanks so much again! That is really kind of you, J! I'm also extremely happy that your package with the crates finally arrived. Had some questionable laugh in disbelief that they still find lost mail from WW2...CRAZY!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #92 on: September 03, 2020, 08:33:05 AM »

JDeck: Thank you so much for looking for these boxes for me! I really appreciate it. I think I'll just go to Walmart when I (hopefully) come to the U.S. next year. I'll also stop by at Michael's for sure. The last time I was in NY and MI was back in 2014.
What do you think about Hobby Lobby? And do you have an Ollie's in your area?
I've taken a look at those Really Useful Boxes (what a smart product name) and now I know what to keep my eyes open for. I'll go to two different dollar stores today and I might find something similar.
Thanks so much again! That is really kind of you, J! I'm also extremely happy that your package with the crates finally arrived. Had some questionable laugh in disbelief that they still find lost mail from WW2...CRAZY!

I don't really go to Hobby lobby because it's in Short Pump and people can't freggin drive. That 1 mile stretch has the most accidents than anywhere in the State. Ollie's is out in the middle of nowhere, long ways away to possibly find something.
I was listening to a story on the Radio, there was a person who received a letter from the 1940s just recently. Right now people are buying crap online because of the Cornholio virus and clogging up the system, and the USPS rates are so low they're losing money on it. But it was a pretty heavy box it was mostly sand.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 08:44:46 AM by JDeck »

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #93 on: September 04, 2020, 04:39:50 AM »
I do hope that Uncle Milton still exist. I mean why would they still maintain their customer service then? Maybe you or Tamer can just copy and paste my message without the introduction and just re-send the message to them in case mine just didn't get through from outside the U.S.

Well, that's an interesting reason to not go to Hobby Lobby. It was quite far away from my location. I think it was in Muskegon, MI - so were TARGET and Toys "R" Us. Despite the fact that I had my license in Germany already, I wasn't allowed to drive in Michigan back in 2010. Luckily I haven't had a single accident since then. But traffic here becomes crazier every year from a subjective perspective. And I think I know what you mean regarding insecure drivers in the U.S. - many of which can't even drive vehicles other than automatic gear.
Sometimes I so wish to live in the U.S. - but I like living in Germany, too, even without those Xcavation Crates! lol
So glad you could find them. Are they still available at Walmart. too? I think I will just stick to empty bottle lids and similar packaging.

Did the prices for shipping by USPS really go down due to Corona? That's amazing! Wish they did the same here. Had a good laugh when I read your comment on the virus  ;D
Just had to watch this again...

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #94 on: September 04, 2020, 05:02:41 AM »
I do hope that Uncle Milton still exist. I mean why would they still maintain their customer service then? Maybe you or Tamer can just copy and paste my message without the introduction and just re-send the message to them in case mine just didn't get through from outside the U.S.

Well, that's an interesting reason to not go to Hobby Lobby. It was quite far away from my location. I think it was in Muskegon, MI - so were TARGET and Toys "R" Us. Despite the fact that I had my license in Germany already, I wasn't allowed to drive in Michigan back in 2010. Luckily I haven't had a single accident since then. But traffic here becomes crazier every year from a subjective perspective. And I think I know what you mean regarding insecure drivers in the U.S. - many of which can't even drive vehicles other than automatic gear.
Sometimes I so wish to live in the U.S. - but I like living in Germany, too, even without those Xcavation Crates! lol
So glad you could find them. Are they still available at Walmart. too? I think I will just stick to empty bottle lids and similar packaging.

Did the prices for shipping by USPS really go down due to Corona? That's amazing! Wish they did the same here. Had a good laugh when I read your comment on the virus  ;D
Just had to watch this again...

Short pump has a very diverse population. European, Asian, Indian, all over and none of them can drive. It's not just Americans I can assure you.  What I don't understand about Europe is why does the yellow light come on before the green? I think that encourages people to just go on Yellow. Here Yellow means clear the intersection.
USPS rates have always been really low compared to UPS or FEDEX, by a long shot. USPS is a mix between a public service and a business. I guess they make more money off of stamps and letters, but in 21st century letters are a thing of the past. I can't remember the last time I mailed a letter. Maybe a decade.
Anyway back to Galgrebaa. I got my LEDs yesterday so I'm going to rewire the Droid shop. Then I'll start on the docking bay.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 06:02:14 AM by JDeck »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #95 on: September 04, 2020, 10:59:50 PM »
These are really great JDeck, they look so realistic. I appreciate your sharing the process (and the decal information). These crates (both the pencil boxes and the Xcavation crates) will look wonderful in your city.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #96 on: September 16, 2020, 09:19:20 AM »
These are really great JDeck, they look so realistic. I appreciate your sharing the process (and the decal information). These crates (both the pencil boxes and the Xcavation crates) will look wonderful in your city.

Thank you! These crates are great especially if you want a lot. I'll be making more next week.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 02:10:46 AM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #97 on: September 23, 2020, 03:21:01 PM »
I made another batch of crates. Mostly crime syndicate crates. In my world crime syndicates marked their crates to deter thieves. I have Pyke Syndicate in Yellow, Hutt Cartel in red and Crimson Dawn in blue (large). I already made a Black Sun crate.  Also since I'm a Futurama fan I had to make a Planet Express crate in light grey. Finally, a Mining Guild crate in blue (small).

This is a rough mock-up of the docking bay/shady "storage facility". I want everything to fit in this 22"x24" footprint, so I took the wing off the far side of the Slave I, so I can push it back further. It's way out of scale anyway so the farther back the better. I might move some stuff around before I make a final decision, but that's the gist.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 06:23:15 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #98 on: September 24, 2020, 02:51:38 AM »
Talk about nice. I like them.

Off to share on the front pages.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #99 on: September 24, 2020, 03:41:00 AM »
Wow, your containers look absolutely amazing! This setup looks like fun already! You really captured the esthetics of the Star Wars universe.

The traffic lights here in Germany have a 2 second phase of red and yellow before the green phase so that people can react to get started and not being honked by people behind right away. It helps to shift gears and get your foot on the gas pedal again during the yellow phase. The yellow phase between green to red has got the same function: to clear the intersection.

Offline Don

• Captain
« Reply #100 on: September 24, 2020, 06:03:45 AM »
Nice work on those crates. Love the color choices, and weathering.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #101 on: September 24, 2020, 03:39:24 PM »
Nice crates. I really like your color palette. You are packing a lot into a small space on this one, it reminds me a bit of my mechanic's shop - crates and tool storage containers all over surrounding the vehicles. By the way, where did the gates you are using come from? They work really well.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #102 on: September 24, 2020, 08:14:40 PM »
Talk about nice. I like them.

Off to share on the front pages.
Thank you Tamer!

Wow, your containers look absolutely amazing! This setup looks like fun already! You really captured the esthetics of the Star Wars universe.

The traffic lights here in Germany have a 2 second phase of red and yellow before the green phase so that people can react to get started and not being honked by people behind right away. It helps to shift gears and get your foot on the gas pedal again during the yellow phase. The yellow phase between green to red has got the same function: to clear the intersection.
Thank you DM! It'll look better with a floor and some walls, maybe some lights. I'm just trying to get an idea of how this is all going to work. A 30"x72" table seems big until you start building.
I guess it makes sense, but it wouldn't work here. The first week there would be a crash at every intersection.

Nice work on those crates. Love the color choices, and weathering.
Thank you! I wanted them to resemble shipping containers here on earth. I would like some green ones, but I think I have enough.

Nice crates. I really like your color palette. You are packing a lot into a small space on this one, it reminds me a bit of my mechanic's shop - crates and tool storage containers all over surrounding the vehicles. By the way, where did the gates you are using come from? They work really well.
Thank you! The gate is from the SOLO Vandor playset. It's pretty much the only thing I bought it for, and it was worth it really. I'd like to see your mechanic's shop, sounds awesome! It is a lot packed into a small space. I added some figures to see how it works and it looks like Where's Watto. But that's the point of this project, to display a majority of my figures and vehicles. Kind of like Where's Waldo, where there's a lot of things going on and you could look at it for a long time and not notice everything.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #103 on: September 25, 2020, 01:52:43 AM »
D'oh, shows how much time I've spent with my Vandor set, which I bought on clearance because it was...wait for it...on clearance :)

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #104 on: October 10, 2020, 07:01:52 AM »
Very cool containers, they fit the Star Wars universe perfectly!
Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away
My collection
Trade Feedback