Author Topic: Galgrebaa Spaceport.  (Read 31356 times)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: Galgrebaa Spaceport.
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2020, 01:12:01 PM »
That is amazing! All those additional parts really make this look authentic, and what a good eye you have for finding the bits you need. You should be proud of this build.
Thank you! You wouldn't believe the amount of Model kit parts I have. For a while I would just buy up incomplete kits just for parts to build stuff like this. I've been able to pick through some of the parts that I think are cool looking and put them in a box. I take mental inventory of what I have in case a part would work best for whatever I'm making. Sometimes I just put parts together and if they fit that's what I use.

Wow, talk about kicking things up a notch. This looks awesome! Man, just great work.

Off to the front pages.
Thank you! I now have an idea of the basic architecture of the Spaceport. It'll be reminiscent of WW2 bunkers. The idea behind Galgrebaa is it's a system of ancient fortifications that have been modernized retrofitted and repurposed into a modern Spaceport.

Offline RCWCreations

• Marshal
    • Richard's Creative Workshop
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2020, 12:03:29 AM »
Wow this is looking amazing mate!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2020, 04:07:26 PM »
Wow this is looking amazing mate!
Thank you! I'll tell you the woodland Scenics watercolors are fool-proof. When I applied the watercolors on this new type of spackle, it reactivated it and it became soft. But it all dried up just like it was supposed to. Of course you want to dab instead of brush, had I brushed it would have been a disaster.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2020, 04:11:30 PM »
Time for the Weekly Update! I decided to use Ugnaughts for my droidsmiths. I thought about making a special custom figure, but Ugnaughts kept coming back to me. I made the crane mech and Droid leg holder that hangs from the ceiling. I added a few signs and Droid parts. I finished the table, glued the protocol Droid skeleton and parts, so they don't fall off. That about does it for the interior.

Next week will be the start of the exterior of the building.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2020, 06:46:22 PM »
Excellent work on making this feel *alive.* The small details are always what make a diorama for me. Keep it up! Would love to see in progress shots.
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2020, 12:11:17 AM »
Indeed! Really like the details you added with all the decals! Your first module is ready to go I think! 

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2020, 06:06:48 AM »
Oh yeah, Ugnaughts are right on. Looking great. Off to the front pages.

Offline Michiico

• Cadet
  • Why did the clone wars had to come to an end?
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2020, 01:15:36 PM »
Oh yes, those ugnaughts fit right in there. I love how the workshop turned out with all the small details. Keep up the good work!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2020, 04:43:25 PM »
Excellent work on making this feel *alive.* The small details are always what make a diorama for me. Keep it up! Would love to see in progress shots.
Thank you. There aren't many WIP shots.  It's all about the lighting. With this interior I was able to create basically a light box, with 5 sides closed and a single LED droplight. Also with the super matte paint there is no glare or reflections.  Most of these guys that do figure photography, they have really good lighting. It makes a huge difference. For the exterior I'll take more WIPs, same concept except they will be outside corners which is easier.

Indeed! Really like the details you added with all the decals! Your first module is ready to go I think! 

Thank you! I just have to make a removable facade for the building.

Oh yeah, Ugnaughts are right on. Looking great. Off to the front pages.

Thank you! I imagine Ugnaughts make good mechanics, and technicians. Although not so great for reprogramming.

Oh yes, those ugnaughts fit right in there. I love how the workshop turned out with all the small details. Keep up the good work!

Thank you! The Ugnaughts work great I think, because the overhead lighting casts shadows on their wrinkles and folds, making the figure pop.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2020, 11:30:12 PM »
This is excellent mate.

Ron

Offline RCWCreations

• Marshal
    • Richard's Creative Workshop
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2020, 04:00:01 AM »
This looks awesome!  Nice work mate.

Offline Don

• Captain
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2020, 06:54:05 AM »
Better and better! This thing is rad!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2020, 04:45:10 PM »
JDeck, I really like the crane - what an excellent detail. I think the Ugnaughts totally make sense (plus you can always add a special custom figure to the team at a later time!). This is looking so exellent. Keep up the good work.

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2020, 12:30:06 AM »
Very realistic diorama
Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away
My collection
Trade Feedback