Author Topic: Galgrebaa Spaceport.  (Read 31501 times)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: Galgrebaa Spaceport.
« Reply #105 on: January 13, 2021, 02:56:07 PM »
It's been a while since doing any work on my spaceport. I ordered the Razor Crest to go in it, but i had to figure out how. Anyway, I just made the left side wall of the Droid shop, facing what will be the docking bay for the Crest.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 03:01:23 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #106 on: January 14, 2021, 04:30:44 AM »
Looks awesome to me. The Crest is gonna like that parking spot.

Off to the front pages.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #107 on: January 14, 2021, 06:05:54 PM »
Looks awesome mate and I love the gritty feel to it.

Ron

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #108 on: January 14, 2021, 08:35:24 PM »
Looks awesome mate and I love the gritty feel to it.

Ron
Thank you! Galgrebaa has seen some hard times. I always thought of Star Wars as being a dystopia, especially after the clone wars.

Looks awesome to me. The Crest is gonna like that parking spot.

Off to the front pages.
Thank you. I can't wait to get the RC. I'm going to display it fully dismantled, as if it's being repaired.

I started on my Star Wars Bodega. Im using the wacky packages minis. I love these things. I just now discovered them and I'm obsessed. I bought these at Target and ordered an embarrassing amount on Ebay. Truthfully it's cheaper to buy them in lots on ebay, than a case of blind bags and getting 3/5 duplicates. Anyway I will have enough to fill my little Bodega/Kiosk convenience store.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #109 on: January 15, 2021, 03:38:22 AM »
What a great idea for a diorama. You are knocking this Spaceport out of the park JDeck.

Back to the front pages.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 03:52:27 AM by Tamer »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #110 on: January 15, 2021, 05:06:27 PM »
What a great idea for a diorama. You are knocking this Spaceport out of the park JDeck.

Back to the front pages.

Thank you. This project is going to incorporate a lot of just stuff I like, that don't fit into my collection. Like these wacky packages, this is a way I can make a diorama and display them at the same time. They're so funny. I get a good laugh looking at them. There's about 150 different packages just in the two waves. I can make two bodegas lol.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #111 on: January 16, 2021, 05:32:12 AM »
Dude? Those wacky package minis are cool. I didn’t even know that they existed.
     Great work on the spaceport thus far. Any ship would be proud to be parked next to it.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #112 on: January 16, 2021, 07:43:38 AM »
I mean you know spacers on long missions have to stock up on pogey bait before they leave. Any good soldier/long hauler knows pogey bait is a must!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #113 on: January 16, 2021, 10:47:52 AM »
Dude? Those wacky package minis are cool. I didn’t even know that they existed.
     Great work on the spaceport thus far. Any ship would be proud to be parked next to it.

Thank you! Yeah I had no idea these existed until I was looking for something else. The cards have been around since the 60s, but the minis came out last year. Before then, they had the erasers, which is basically the same thing but less quality. I found them in the trading card section at Target.

I mean you know spacers on long missions have to stock up on pogey bait before they leave. Any good soldier/long hauler knows pogey bait is a must!

Heck yeah! Get you some "RATZ" Crackers and "SKIMPY" peanut butter and you're good to go!
Im kind of making it as satire for the Bodegas on my route, with incredibly old knock off products, no one ever buys. Only thing they sell is beer and lotto. I see the beer vendors all the time, they put a whole pallet of Mickey's in those little stores.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #114 on: January 16, 2021, 01:00:47 PM »
I finished the basic construction of my Bodega. Its all made from XPS Foam and foamcore poster board. The LEDs are from Dollar Tree.

Also started on the outside. Made a sign using a garage sale sign from Dollar Tree, and decals from BMC.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 05:35:33 PM by JDeck »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #115 on: January 16, 2021, 03:47:30 PM »
Wow JDeck, you are really creating a spectacular display and play space. I love all the detail on the droid wall, it looks really industrial. The bodega is a great idea, it totally makes sense that something like this would exist in a spaceport - all you have to do is look around an airport! I also didn't know about the wacky packages, haven't seen them at my local Target, but you're right, they are pretty funny. I got a good giggle reading the titles in your pictures. Looking forward to how it all turned out, but its great so far.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #116 on: January 17, 2021, 08:36:36 AM »
Wow JDeck, you are really creating a spectacular display and play space. I love all the detail on the droid wall, it looks really industrial. The bodega is a great idea, it totally makes sense that something like this would exist in a spaceport - all you have to do is look around an airport! I also didn't know about the wacky packages, haven't seen them at my local Target, but you're right, they are pretty funny. I got a good giggle reading the titles in your pictures. Looking forward to how it all turned out, but its great so far.

Thank you Starchaser! Yeah my inspiration for the Spaceport is a combination, airport/truckstop.
Also a little bit of the Dolac underground market in Zagreb. It's a literal underground market, with a lot of small kiosks for different types of foods and things. It's kind of a neat place.

I ordered a bunch of these wack packages from ebay, mostly wave 1. They're a scream.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #117 on: January 18, 2021, 08:36:10 AM »
Wow, even better. I feel lights done right just do so much for dios, ships, etc. This seems like a pretty cheap way to do it too! The store looks perfect.

I bet there are other small detailed food packages and things like this too. Why do I remember seeing something like these before?

Anyhow, it looks great. Off to the front pages.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #118 on: January 18, 2021, 04:57:49 PM »
Looks awesome JD and it's always amazing how some lights really add to the display or dio.

Ron

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #119 on: January 18, 2021, 10:18:14 PM »
Wow, even better. I feel lights done right just do so much for dios, ships, etc. This seems like a pretty cheap way to do it too! The store looks perfect.

I bet there are other small detailed food packages and things like this too. Why do I remember seeing something like these before?

Anyhow, it looks great. Off to the front pages.

Thank you. Yeah I saw those lights at DT and grabbed up all the clears and one each of the colors. 10 LEDs a batery box and a switch, I'll buy that for a dollar!

Looks awesome JD and it's always amazing how some lights really add to the display or dio.

Ron
Thank you. Every time I would start working on this project, I got hung up on how to make lighted signs. I was using thin styrene, but it was too bright and washed out. I think using this plastic sign board diffuses the light just enough.