Imperial Creative Engineering > Dioramas

Galgrebaa Spaceport.

(1/50) > >>

JDeck:
      I'm starting a new thread because this is going to be an ambitious project. I'm planning to make a space station, built on a 30"x70" table. I'm just going to build one building at a time. The goal is to display a majority of my figures and vehicles in one giant modular display. The Spaceport will be based on my fictitious world of Galgrebaa, during the Imperial Era. However I will incorporate figures from other eras and universes that I think are cool.

This is just a mock-up of a Droid workshop. Everything is held together with toothpicks, but it gives us an idea of the basic layout. Some of it is subject to change, but this is what is in my mind.
I made a Droid oil bath prop for cleaning droids and reversing dust contamination.

The next step is to  spackle the floor and walls then sand them for a concrete look. I'm usually apprehensive about trying new products but I bought this DAP spackle with dry time indicator. I like it already. It goes on pink and turns white when it's dry. Amazing! It should be done by sundown. I'll sand and maybe add another thin layer sand put the walls up and spackle the seams.

Darth More:
Wow, there you go! A solid selection of droid parts! I can see lots of B-A-D parts here! You realized your idea very quick! Looks awesome already!
I think your table will see a brilliant modular station! And one section/building at a time sounds like the perfect way! This is the way...

Starchaser:
What a great concept! This is going to be a fascinating process to watch and I can already see its going to look stunning when its done. I really like the droid bath. I've used the pink to white DAP before, but not for a diorama:) But both my wife an I like it for fixing holes in our house's drywall. Glad you tried it, our experience has been positive. I will be excited to watch this project unfold.

Tamer:
This is gonna be fun. It already is off to a great start.

Off to the front pages.

RCWCreations:
What a great idea and love that Chopper

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version