Author Topic: Arcade 1up 3/4 scale retro coin op cabinets  (Read 38914 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Arcade 1up 3/4 scale retro coin op cabinets
« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2020, 01:48:45 PM »
Here is a good deal at Walmart.com
https://www.walmart.com/ip/STREET-FIGHTER2-BLACK-SERIES-ARCADE-1UP-HEAD-TO-HEAD-TABLE/671751086
At $349, this new release Black series street fighter 2 cocktail arcade cabinet would be about $150-160 under retail after taxes. Free shipping with the Covid about. Box will not be marked plainly.

I have been wondering about their cocktail cabinets. There are two deco versions available for both street fighter and pac man. I think the Black series versions are the prettier. Street fighter should have 12 games on it.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #76 on: June 07, 2020, 06:08:58 AM »
Sounds like a good deal.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #77 on: June 20, 2020, 08:55:52 AM »
Still just part of a bigger project, I installed my Tempest lighted marquee today. From a different seller, grandstand arcades, the design was similar but didn’t have screw holes for the lower stock marquee lip to mount with. Turns out, the assembly fit so tight and nicely that the screws were not needed and the new marquee holds it into place.

The led strip was mounted to a wooden piece of channel which I taped to the back of the cabinet to illuminate the marquee. A power cord splitter, extension, and in line led light controller are all included as separate pieces. The light controller has a wireless remote to control off on , brightness control, and effects.
  I’m going to have to find more of those for my other installed lit marquees.

Also, I can’t remember mentioning that Arcade 1up was going to release 3 different virtual pinball cabinets around August, one of them being a Star Wars cab with 10 different games.
    What I’ve seen of the games when it’s running is pretty amazing.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #78 on: June 21, 2020, 06:49:24 AM »
Looks good Clint. I could see wanting control over the brightness. Off to the front pages.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #79 on: July 19, 2020, 05:02:15 PM »
So sorry for the delay, busy times.
  So it must have become obvious by now that the $50 final fight was to get a facelift become a custom Tempest cab. I had purchased a used 6 in one PCB and swapped it out with the old pcb.
I did get the rest of the graphics set in and I had an extra clear deck protector to boot. My spare 6 in one control deck came in so it went on Asteroids deluxe and the control deck with the arcade spinner mod got the Tempest control deck graphic. I ended up just taping the decal with backing onto the deck protector and used an exacto knife to trim the button and switch holes with. I figure rather than trying to stick the decal down, I can just leave it unloose under the deck protector, safely screwed in place.
     I trimmed the cutout for the spinner so it would fit on top of the spin knob in an attractive way and stuck it into place.
    The screen bezel decal was quite a challenge and if there is a next time, I may cut that one into separate  pieces to apply.

I am working on getting a set of graphics for the riser to extend that basic beam design down on three sides.
   Oh, I got the remote working for the marquee light also so you can leave the unit plugged in and turn it off and on with the remote.
   I’m pretty happy with how it turned out and I am exploring the possibilities of doing another cabinet face lift in the future.
     If I were to try to sell this thing, it would fetch a pretty penny, I’ll bet.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2020, 05:06:08 PM »
More pics. I thought the control deck turned out well.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 05:08:51 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2020, 05:11:58 PM »
Another one or two

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #82 on: July 21, 2020, 10:55:20 AM »
Clint you just amaze me with these builds. I could see a vending company that restores and sells these machines hiring you. You are making works of arts out of these things. Thanks for sharing.

Off to the front pages.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #83 on: July 21, 2020, 01:44:57 PM »
Thanks buddy, it is a lot of fun.

Last night I got the graphics upgrade set added to the Space Invaders machine. Another of seller gulfcoastdecals sets, this one includes yellow pinstripe material to use on the riser box exposed edges to match the factory paint on the cab edge. There was plenty of stripe material left over and I applied some on the black upper and lower frame of that aftermarket lighted marquee I had installed some time back.  A Bit chunky but definitely better. I also added the remote sensor to the marquee so you can leave the unit plugged in and use the remote to turn the marquee on and off.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #84 on: July 21, 2020, 01:47:56 PM »
Shots of that marquee

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #85 on: July 21, 2020, 01:51:33 PM »
And more shots of the cab

Got some work to do on my Black Series Pac Man cocktail machine coming up shortly.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #86 on: July 22, 2020, 06:29:51 AM »
I was just talking about space invaders with my daughter just yesterday. Her big go to game now is the Sims on my PS4. She just bought some vampire expansion pack. Kids!

Off to the front page. It looks awesome Clint.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #87 on: July 22, 2020, 07:50:42 PM »
Wow! That looks incredible. The remote controlled marquee is a great idea too.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #88 on: January 21, 2021, 06:51:32 AM »
Late thank yous
  Shawn, I used to have this Rollercoaster Themepark builder game on my PS2, I think, that I used to really like. The park patrons would get sick and throw up if either your rollercoaster was too wild of a ride or if it was located too close to the food court.

Still excited about these Arcade1Up machines, I haven’t gotten word on the delayed release dates and shipment of their virtual pinball tables beyond that the first version, Marvel, which should be in the US now and is expected to hit pre order customers by the 8th of next month. They weren’t lost at sea, as was rumored, although Arcade1Up  did instead lose a bunch of Outrun driving cabinets and a bunch of replacement parts and or accessories, like they would sell on their website.

As far as what I have, I went ahead and bought another big graphics package from Escapepod to redecorate my Rampage cab to be a Joust themed cabinet. I had also purchased a lighted marquee kit from another vendor. The first kit has a translit graphic for the marquee included. To be mounted onto a clear sheet or pane of glass and then, lit from behind.
Since I had the marquee kit as well, this piece was extra.
Also, the large kit included a good looking, but not arcade accurate looking, CPU cover for the control deck. Separately in their store, Escape pod had a different Joust control deck overlay to serve as a repro piece for the original arcade cabinet. Not sure why they didn’t include this one with the 1up cabinet set other than the 3 player rampage controls on my deck might make it seem wonky.... I don’t know. So I bought the arcade overlay as well and made it work for the control deck, more on that later.
That means I had that extra control deck graphic now also.
    My plan was to incorporate these extra pieces into a custom riser box for what will be my Joust cabinet.

First two shots are mock-ups

A factory riser front piece was cut to accommodate the extra marquee graphic. Not mounted yet, I have placed the extra control deck graphic about where I want the bottom of it to be.

I used components of the area I trimmed off to build some interest on the lower lip and sides of the hole and trimmed the marquee hole opening and the top edge of the whole piece-with 1/2 inch red electrical tape.

I don’t have the tape on the top in these shots
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 07:07:32 AM by Clonehead »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #89 on: January 22, 2021, 04:05:02 AM »
That is gonna be nice Clint. Time to go share this.