Author Topic: Moronarama's Vehicles  (Read 8554 times)

Offline Moronarama

• Commander
  • UTINI!!!!
    • Moronarma Facebook Page
Moronarama's Vehicles
« on: February 10, 2020, 09:33:24 AM »
So I don't do a low of vehicles, but here is my latests ....

Clovit the Rodian Junker and his Scavenger Skiff
It’s a hard life out in the wilds of the Dune Sea, but for a being with a keen eye and a quick speeder there’s money to be made.  Clovit had been piloting his skiff in those barren wastes for 12 cycles now and had managed to amass a nice pot of money.  You had to be clever. You had to be quicker than the Jawas and meaner than the Sand People.  And as long as his skiff stays in the air, he’ll keep at it.
Figure: Head is SW POTF Greedo.  The body is from a Star Trek Nemo figure.  The harness is from a SW Jawa figure.  The goggles are from a SW Hoth Luke Skywalker.
Skiff: The main body, back part of the engine, seat, rear hood and rear steering rudders are a Bass Pro Shop fan boat toy.  The engines on the bottom are Iron Man missile launchers.  The rear of the engine is the snow blower piece that came with SW Goss Toowers.  The grill/grate is a rack of an Animal Planet or Corps vehicle.  The front cannon and baser are from a Gundam figure.  The packs on the side are from a World Peacekeepers APC.  The sleeping roll on the other side is from an Animal Planet kayak.  The long weapons scabbards are TMNT sword scabbards from Leonardo.  The chain is from a Mega Bloks Dragons set.  The bucket is the feet from a Minimates Lost In Space Robbie the Robot.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 04:04:58 PM by Moronarama »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Moronarama's Vehicles
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 03:37:20 AM »
Now that looks pretty awesome. Off to the front pages.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 05:35:20 AM »
That is very cool looking. What a great mix of greeblies for the skiff also.
     The lines, the flow of the thing reminds me of the larger boatish looking skiff the Chinese food vendor had floating outside Harrison Fords window in Blade Runner.

Offline Moronarama

• Commander
  • UTINI!!!!
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2020, 07:38:25 AM »
Thank you, guys.

That is very cool looking. What a great mix of greeblies for the skiff also.
     The lines, the flow of the thing reminds me of the larger boatish looking skiff the Chinese food vendor had floating outside Harrison Fords window in Blade Runner.
I think you are thinking of the flying food vendor from Fifth Element, but that was definitely on my mind while I was working on this skiff.  Now that I've figured out the mechanics of the build, I think I'd like to try another.  I'd like to give the fins on the back some battens to give it that Asian Junk look.  Maybe something more like the food vendoe, with more stuff hanging off the sides.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2020, 08:04:58 AM »
Hey, sorry for my late response. I agree! Your Scavenger Skiff looks great! I like all the details you added like the panels at the rear and the repulsor turbines at the bottom. I could well see some precious junk on this little carrier. Your design reminds me of the Skiffs seen on Raxus Prime in The Force Unleashed videogame. Good memories there. I just finished the game for the second time back in December.
I really dig how much variety you add to the Star Wars universe. Great Job as always!

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2020, 09:43:02 AM »
I saw this on eBay! I loved it. I tried to bid on it but it got too expensive lol. Amazing job on this one! BUILD MORE VEHICLES!
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2020, 12:13:49 AM »
This was a great build. I love the creativity here and the use of non-Star Wars parts. You built something totally believable for the Star Wars universe. Excellent job.

Offline Moronarama

• Commander
  • UTINI!!!!
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2020, 05:38:43 AM »
Gobaht (Lakura Merchant) & Rocket Delivery Speeder
If you need to get a package from Bakura City to the Wildlands as soon as possible, then you call Gobaht over at Rocket Delivery and he will get it done.  She may not look pretty, but that speeder of his is the fastest thing this side of the Rancor Mesa.  And Gobaht will insure it gets there safe.  Not only does he have speed, but he runs with a shielded containment unit and a precision targeting blaster cannon.  Gobaht is no fool and he has earned the grudging respect of all the major bandit gangs.  You want the job done right, you comm the Rocket.

Figure – Head is SW Bistan.  Rest of the body is SW Ugnaught and the belt/skirt is from a SW Kithaba figure.
Vehicle – A Marvel Super Hero Squad Iron Man Starship with launcher removed from the rear.  The controls inside are shoulder launchers from a Gundam Model kit.  The gun/turret is made from Lanard parts.  The storage compartment is a Roblox blind container.  The engine is made from parts from a the arm from a Kenner Power Arms Terminator figure and Dollar Tree Military tank.  The logo was built in PhotoShop using Blambot's Roswell Wreckage font.

eBay Link for Moronarama's Vehicles
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 06:48:49 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2020, 06:53:34 AM »
Wow, this looks great too. Just awesome photoshop work. I so need to get back to that program. I hate photo editing and creation. I just stink at it. It takes me so long. Anyhow great custom. Off to the front pages with it and your auctions.

Offline Moronarama

• Commander
  • UTINI!!!!
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2020, 09:15:24 AM »
Wow, this looks great too. Just awesome photoshop work. I so need to get back to that program. I hate photo editing and creation. I just stink at it. It takes me so long. Anyhow great custom. Off to the front pages with it and your auctions.
Thank you as always, Tamer.  I guess I was lucky enough to get to do graphic design for a living for a while, so those skills have never left me.  And I still use it pretty regularly to color drawings and make invitations to my kids' birthday parties, etc.  I won't lie, PhotoShop can be a complicated program.  Did you self teach yourself, or take a class?  For me, getting the basics in a class environment was the best way to start.  And then of course using it everyday for 6-7 years honed those skills.  Of course who in the real world has time to go back a take a class :)

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2020, 04:02:23 PM »
I really like the backstory on this one! Great job piecing together the speeder/ship, it looks really excellent. There are a lot of different parts in there, but you made them fit together really well.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2020, 02:42:22 AM »
Thank you as always, Tamer.  I guess I was lucky enough to get to do graphic design for a living for a while, so those skills have never left me.  And I still use it pretty regularly to color drawings and make invitations to my kids' birthday parties, etc.  I won't lie, PhotoShop can be a complicated program.  Did you self teach yourself, or take a class?  For me, getting the basics in a class environment was the best way to start.  And then of course using it everyday for 6-7 years honed those skills.  Of course who in the real world has time to go back a take a class :)
you should show us some of your work if you get a chance. I would like to see it.
     My brother has doing that for a living for decades now. Sounds like a pain in the butt.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2020, 06:32:47 AM »
I echo Clonehead's statement of seeing some of your graphic work. I would like to see it.

As for me,  yes self taught. One of the founding members got me the program and gave me a few basics and then learning what I needed to create graphics for the site I went from there. I have literally spent hours on graphics for this place only to not be satisfied and ditch them.

Clonehead has some great graphic artwork skills in him too. He designed a great T-Shirt for us a long time ago.

Offline Moronarama

• Commander
  • UTINI!!!!
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2020, 02:53:12 PM »
 DHI thought I would post some more detailed picture of the vehicles I made with the latest batch of customs.

J8K-721 and Speeder Bike
The front end is a motorized AT-RT walker and the back end is Rey's Jakku speeder.  The rifle holster is made from an old vinyl light saber.

Melnat and Speeder Bike
The front end is Storm Hawks Talon Switchblade Elite with some Lego greebles.  The engine is the base from the cannon that comes with the SW Miriban Trooper Han Solo and Chewbacca set and one of the Twin Turbines from the Men in Black Stalk-eyes figure.

Shaba Kingdo and Wasteland Speeder
The main body is a C.O.R.P.S. Speed boat,  The hood is the gang plank from a SW Millenium Falcon.  The engines are from a Super Hero Adventures Iron Man Starship.  The attached pack and satchel are from Disney Atlantis figures and the pipes are from a SW ASP-7 figure.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 03:03:10 PM by Moronarama »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2020, 06:52:12 AM »
These are great! I definitely remember that blue one from somewhere (at least the front end especially), but you have put together some great vehicles here.

Nice use of an at-rt too. It meshes great with Rey's Speeder.

Off to the front pages.