Author Topic: Millennium Falcon, U-Wing, A-Wing & Tie Striker  (Read 3110 times)

Offline Mos-Eisley-Customz

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
Millennium Falcon, U-Wing, A-Wing & Tie Striker
« on: January 16, 2020, 08:18:49 AM »
Hi Guys, new to the forum, thought id say hello with a few custom's i've done recently, planning on doing a rebel transport soon, cant wait for it to arrive  :)

Currently on Ebay item no :- 293428265931

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
Re: Millennium Falcon, U-Wing, A-Wing & Tie Striker
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 09:02:52 AM »
These look really good! Excellent job. The A-Wings are probably my favorite.
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 05:38:29 PM »

Thanks bud, the A-Wing had the least amount of work too  ;D

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2020, 08:36:38 PM »

The falcon looks like a nightmare! lol
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2020, 02:49:54 AM »

The falcon looks like a nightmare! lol

It took some time  ;D

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2020, 03:11:13 AM »
Hey, welcome aboard! Nice username btw! Xzibit would like it. Your fleet looks great all weathered up! I really like the A-Wing, too! Isn't the design based on a McQuarrie concept? The A-Wing and TIE Striker seem to have gone on discount in the U.S. big time also because of their NERF  action. Well, I've seen people removing this play feature and customize them up! I really like the sand finish of the TIE! U-Wing looks awesome, too! It's amazing what a little weathering can do. Cool stuff here!
The weathering on the falcon looks great, too! At first sight I thought it was the Legacy Falcon, but no...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2020, 04:10:37 AM »
Wow, now that is the way to say hello. The weathering on this is just stellar. Off to the front pages and welcome to ISY!

Also, I tried searching the item number and I can't find it. Maybe it sold. If you put a link here for the listing I can feature that too.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 04:17:54 AM by Tamer »

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2020, 05:24:53 AM »
Hey, welcome aboard! Nice username btw! Xzibit would like it. Your fleet looks great all weathered up! I really like the A-Wing, too! Isn't the design based on a McQuarrie concept? The A-Wing and TIE Striker seem to have gone on discount in the U.S. big time also because of their NERF  action. Well, I've seen people removing this play feature and customize them up! I really like the sand finish of the TIE! U-Wing looks awesome, too! It's amazing what a little weathering can do. Cool stuff here!
The weathering on the falcon looks great, too! At first sight I thought it was the Legacy Falcon, but no...

Thank you for the welcome and thank you for the feedback  8) ..lol i remember that pimp my ride program  ;) ..it does look like that A-Wing concept art by McQuarrie so you could well be right, "a keen eye you have" in my best Yoda voice ha!  ..sadly no, it's not the legacy version, it's the one with the annoying nerf gun  ()rr  ..yep! a bit of weathering really brings out all the details on these great toys, it's well worth the time spent doing them

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2020, 05:30:03 AM »
Wow, now that is the way to say hello. The weathering on this is just stellar. Off to the front pages and welcome to ISY!

Also, I tried searching the item number and I can't find it. Maybe it sold. If you put a link here for the listing I can feature that too.

Thank you, what a great forum you have here  8) ..front pages you say?  0/  what an honour, cheers!  ..i got the item number wrong lol, it's 293428265931 thanks

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2020, 08:45:05 AM »
Been working on this AT-AT for awhile, it's missing a few bit's so stuck on a shelf at the moment

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2020, 03:12:02 PM »
I enjoyed watching the show of West Coast Customs on MTV back in the days...the days in which every car they pimped needed to have at least one aquarium inside.
I was wondering about the Legacy Falcon because I wouldn't have the guts to customize it. I got mine on discount for 99,99€ instead of 199,99€ in 2009. The cheapest one I got was at 70€. But still I wouldn't do it, yet. I'll start on smaller (cheaper) vehicles like the BARC Speeder. But talking about customizing rare/expensive stuff: Your weathered AT-AT looks brilliant! If it's missing parts like missles and hatches, there are definitely ways to replace them ;)

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=10178.msg200526#msg200526

Just let me know what you need to complete your BAT-AT :) love that big boy!

- Philipp

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2020, 08:08:10 PM »
I enjoyed watching the show of West Coast Customs on MTV back in the days...the days in which every car they pimped needed to have at least one aquarium inside.
I was wondering about the Legacy Falcon because I wouldn't have the guts to customize it. I got mine on discount for 99,99€ instead of 199,99€ in 2009. The cheapest one I got was at 70€. But still I wouldn't do it, yet. I'll start on smaller (cheaper) vehicles like the BARC Speeder. But talking about customizing rare/expensive stuff: Your weathered AT-AT looks brilliant! If it's missing parts like missles and hatches, there are definitely ways to replace them ;)

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=10178.msg200526#msg200526

Just let me know what you need to complete your BAT-AT :) love that big boy!

- Philipp

Fish tank in a car? that's crazy!  :o ;D  ..i'm in the same boat with my legacy falcon, it would look better weathered but it's such a legendary toy now with us collectors i want to keep it original as tempting as it is to get the paints out lol. my legacy AT-AT was starting to discolour so that was an easy decision. it's missing both missiles, the other side cannon on the head and some how my kids also lost the bit the speeder bike shoots out on, let them play with it for a few weeks and get it back wrecked lol

I had a look at that link, nice job on the repo's, they came out really nice  8)  ..i'm also missing the sonic bombs and missiles from my big slave one, the missiles from my V-Wing, the missiles from my imperial Arc 170, the small hatch from my legacy falcon, the cannon's and stands from my rebel transport which has just arrived, will start work on that tomorrow  0/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2020, 10:04:12 AM »
Now that Walker is nice. Hope you get the missing pieces. Off to share that U Wing auction too.

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2020, 11:37:32 AM »
Now that Walker is nice. Hope you get the missing pieces. Off to share that U Wing auction too.

Thanks Tamer  8)  ..the walker is a work in progress, might tone the weathering down a little, it's a very dirty boy at the moment lol ;D  ..the viewings have shot up on the U-Wing, cheers for linking it!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2020, 02:09:37 AM »
Greetings and welcome! You have done an amazing job weathering these vehicles. I really like the u-wing in particular. Great first submissions.