Imperial Archive > Episode I

Thoughts on the EP1 line

(1/3) > >>

Reconsgt:
I have mixed feelings about the line in general.

First, this line really got me back into Star Wars, I got  into it by running my little brother from store to store looking for the first run of figs, the infamous .00 figs, I started buying a few mor emyslef when I took him, then it kind of snowballed. I had to find everyone to "save" so I had them all if he needed one. Then I started seeing all the POTF closeouts at KayBe and TRU, I remembered the toys I had from the vintage line and it just started rolling from there.

I absoulutly loved the Naboo Royal Starship, I think Pat ended up with my loose verison. Anyhow that and the tie in to seeing the Star Wars crawl on the big screen again ignited the passion, even thought the movie may have left a little to be desired.

The cons of the line, I hated the plain cards for every figure, I recalled teh vintage cards having a small pic or scene on them. I also hated how the last wave was impossible to find locally.

All in all I do enjoy the line not for what it was, but rather what it did to get me back into SW again.

Tamer:
I loved this line for the new movies we got, but am now really thinking about getting rid of my Episdoe I figures. I have neither the room or a love of this line to keep em. Sad, as any SW fig deserves a good home, but mine have sat in rubbermaid for about four or five years or longer.

Reconsgt:
I hear yha, It's hard to believe it was 10 years ago that these were the sought after items, The Sio Bibble and Pit Driods along with TC14 were a bear to find and commanded rediculous prices, now, they can be had easily, I think I still have a pit droid pack sitting some place.   Still they were an improvement in many ways over the POTF2 line, but many were still to buff for my tastes.

Darth Aussie:
We have to thank Hasbro i guess for giving joy with this line. But there was so MANY to collect before the next themed figs came along. I mean EP 1 stuff really flooded the scene at the time....

wraithnine:
the R2-B1 still fetches stupid prices (i have mine)thank god!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version