Imperial Entertainment TV and Movies > Star Wars Movies

Episode IX Spoilers Apply

(1/2) > >>

Tamer:

So, we can use this thread to talk about the parts of the movie we really enjoyed and didn't. Any opinion is ok as long as you respect that of others.

That being said understand if you continue to peruse this thread the following will appply:

WE WILL BE SHARING WHAT HAPPENED WITH THE MOVIE SO IF YOU CONTINUE TO READ SPOILERS WILL APPLY!

Ok, just some initial thoughts from me.

1. No walkers? :'(

2. No major ground battle :'( Where we the walkers?

3. No R2-D2 for the most part? The spent the time introducing that new little droid I could did without (insert your merchandizing grumble here).

4. Leia can fly through space, by herself, with no spacesuit and then dies while trying to force talk with Kylo?

5. Kylo saving Rey at the end and then dieing? WTH, Lucasfilm! Think how much fun that arc could have taken us. Well I guess he was Ben then and not Ren.

6. The Emperor? If you watched the movie you know what I mean

Still seeing Luke raise Red 5 out of the water was freaking awesome! I liked Rey calling herself Skywalker at the end too. The Space battle was ok, wish we would have had another Death Star or something too or like a dozen of em to take out. Kinda felt weird seeing all those Star Destroyers in a nice line to shoot up too. I mean if one blows up it could take out all the others. I think they needed a naval expert or something.

Where the heck was Boba Fett? So would have liked seeing even a shot of the ole Slave I knocking out a TIE off the Falcon at the end and then taking off. I mean with all the OT nods they were doing why not that one?

I know I am getting nit picky, but overall I did enjoy the film.

Don:
Overall I enjoyed the film. I'm satisfied with the end of the 'Skywalker' Star Wars films.

I do have one 'stupid-filmmaker' complaint: it was mentioned in the film that environmental conditions on Exogol would prohibit the use of shields, which means the Sith Destroyers would be sitting ducks.
So why would the rebels even need a ground assault force!? Why couldn't they blow up the tower (and subsequently blow up the replacement tower) from a fighter-bomber aircraft!?

And a related 'stupid-filmmaker' complaint: if someone (like a rebel assault force) is on the wing of your aircraft and you don't want them there, wouldn't you just dip that wing and let them fall off?

Don:
Also, it was barely glimpsed, but there was a new Walker on Kijimi; the UA-TT. This pic is from the Visual Guide.

RC-1136:
I'll do a more in depth anaylsis of the film, but my God what a narrative mess this is. It effectively retcons the prequels and original trilogy in one shot, but at least it's visually impressive. Mostly.

Tamer:
There was a new walker? I am gonna have to go back and see that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version