Author Topic: (Custom) TX-130 Saber-class fighter tank  (Read 4551 times)

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
(Custom) TX-130 Saber-class fighter tank
« on: December 01, 2019, 12:40:52 PM »
Finally landed this baby for a super good price! Only missing the blaster cannons. I'll make more realistic ones anyway.

I plan to weather it, make new blaster cannons, and further detail it.

Here's a view of the only parts missing.

Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: (Custom) TX-130 Saber-class fighter tank
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2019, 03:55:23 AM »
Sounds like another great build.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2019, 12:57:25 PM »
I've kitbashed some parts to go on my tank; I made two blaster cannons from pen parts and leftover gunship missiles. I also used two small plastic throw away pieces from a fold out ladder I recently purchased to make equipment bins that are attached to the tank. The main inspiration for that was the tank from the WWII movie, Fury. Finally, I trimmed some weed whacker wire to make radio antennas lines. I added small springs for realism.

Fury Tank

Note the equipment attached to the hull of the vehicle. I am going for a clone wars version of that concept.

I plan to make a better ballistic shield for the turret, make working missile bays, and add some other bits and pieces.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 06:50:15 PM by RC-1136 »
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2019, 04:03:28 AM »
This is gonna be once nice construction too. Off to the front pages.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2019, 05:25:24 AM »
Excellent! Congrats to this great score! With your eye to detail this IFT-X can only become awesome!
This is my favorite ground vehicle of the Clone Wars and the Battlefront games...
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 05:28:55 AM by Darth More »

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2019, 08:14:34 AM »
Excellent! Congrats to this great score! With your eye to detail this IFT-X can only become awesome!
This is my favorite ground vehicle of the Clone Wars and the Battlefront games...

I plan to do it justice! I have a lot of concepts going into this piece.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2019, 08:27:52 PM »
Great idea. You're doing some great problem solving for parts. The strimmer line and springs is a great pattern for antenna. I think this will be a great project. Looking forward to it.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2019, 09:16:51 PM »
This is where I am at so far! Unfortunately a huge mishap took place. The seller accidentally forgot one of the cannon mounts before shipping. I reached out and she said she would ship the missing part. As things stand, I am 90% finished; just need to apply Separatist kill markers and add the missing cannon.

Here are my WIP photos!

For bonus points, I named the tank Fury and wrote it in white paint and in Aurebesh.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2019, 09:19:38 PM »
Great idea. You're doing some great problem solving for parts. The strimmer line and springs is a great pattern for antenna. I think this will be a great project. Looking forward to it.

Thank you! I've taken a lot of ideas from modeling videos on YouTube lately.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2019, 04:20:03 AM »
Hey that is looking nice. Bummer about the missing mount. Back to the front pages.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2019, 11:38:55 PM »
This is looking great! I like how the equipment bins look on the sides of the tank. It'll be great when you get the second barrel mount.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2019, 06:48:25 PM »
This is looking great! I like how the equipment bins look on the sides of the tank. It'll be great when you get the second barrel mount.

Should be arriving tomorrow, provided that the tracking is correct and USPS actually runs my route.

I'm glad you are enjoying this build; I am challenging my kitbashing ability with this one.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2019, 04:54:42 AM »
Fantastic work so far! Yeah, this happened to me a couple times, too! In three cases the seller just didn't give a podoo and in one case the missing part (missle of TVC Slave I) was stolen. I only received a ripped and empty envelope. So even if you won't receive your second mount I got you covered.
The TX-130 is the one and only vehicle I've been wanting to customize for ages by now. But instead of just getting started I keep buying them because they sell between 5 and 20€ here...

Your tank look fantastic with those added parts and the wash! I really like the mods you applied to the top gunner's cannon! Love that FURY detail!

Have you seen the version of FialaFernbrugg, too? You can find his ISP Swamp Speeder custom on page 13f.

pages 1-3
http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=1625.msg36841#msg36841

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2019, 08:47:33 AM »
Fantastic work so far! Yeah, this happened to me a couple times, too! In three cases the seller just didn't give a podoo and in one case the missing part (missle of TVC Slave I) was stolen. I only received a ripped and empty envelope. So even if you won't receive your second mount I got you covered.
The TX-130 is the one and only vehicle I've been wanting to customize for ages by now. But instead of just getting started I keep buying them because they sell between 5 and 20€ here...

Your tank look fantastic with those added parts and the wash! I really like the mods you applied to the top gunner's cannon! Love that FURY detail!

Have you seen the version of FialaFernbrugg, too? You can find his ISP Swamp Speeder custom on page 13f.

pages 1-3
http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=1625.msg36841#msg36841

Thanks, my friend!

I've been lucky and the seller was understanding of her mistake and is correcting them. The part and decals will arrive soon. Next on my agenda is to make a realistic, fully articulated Ventress. It's taking the best things from 3 different Ventress figures to make it possible.

I'll post more pictures once I'm done!

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2019, 09:15:24 AM »
So Ventress is up next...I'm really looking forward to this!