Author Topic: [SPOILERS BEWARE!!!!] The Mandalorian [Discussion Thread]  (Read 23594 times)

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
Re: [SPOILERS BEWARE!!!!] The Mandalorian [Discussion Thread]
« Reply #75 on: November 17, 2020, 06:14:34 PM »
   I didn't get a good look at the crates. I watch on my phone, no smart tv. They look like the ribbed ones I think. Seemed like a light load looked like it was only a few boxes. Kind of a waste if gas. The Gozanti is more of a carrier, better off using a shuttle. At least load some TIE fighters underneath to protect from the pirates.
 I don't even think the DLT-19 D the death troopers had in rogue one, were fully automatic. Seems like a good thing to have in hallways. I'm a sucker for imperial stuff. Moff Gideon seems like he's competent for an imperial.

Anyone who becomes regent of Mandalore would have to be. The mandos are a force to be messed with.
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #76 on: November 18, 2020, 09:16:34 AM »
True!. I don't  think he has  force powers, if he did he would have  used it in episode  8. Maybe he's  trying to get  baby Yoda, to extract his powers, or to resurrect  Palpy. It has to be something like that.  But yeah it's  nice to have a competent  imperial. Thrawn was alright, but he kept letting  the Rebels escape on purpose, and it became  obvious  plot armor.

I watched it a third time, which I never do.  Mostly I wanted to test my new phone. I saw the crates you were talking about Tamer. I could take those orange ones I have and add some small bottle caps to make some variations.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 04:23:55 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #77 on: November 19, 2020, 03:26:23 AM »
I saw those and really first thought of you when I saw those crates.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #78 on: November 21, 2020, 06:06:23 AM »
Wow, am I the first to comment on the new episode? I think I am!

It was good to see Din meet back up with Cara and Greef and get some much needed repairs to the Crest. Man seeing it take out those TIEs at the end was awesome. Seeing how those TIEs took off was awesome too. Man I loved the Imperial Stuff in this one.

Lets just say my favorite was the Imperial Troop Transport taking on those Imperial Speeder Bikes (them coming down that cliff) was just awesome. I am thinking this is the first time we saw an ITT in operation and firing outside of its cameo last year.

It was interesting to see the Imperial Lab and get a little bit of further insight on why they wanted the child. They are definitely doing some genetic experiments there. And seeing the Moff there at the end with what I think were DarkTroopers was awesome!

Ole Din better find that tracker on the Crest. It will also be interesting to see what New Alliance ships and forces we will see. I can so see them showing up to help Din take on the Moff. It sure does seem like no one wants to tell the New Alliance about Gideon though. Just like ole times.

I think they are just doing a bang up job. I even watched the Bo Episode again to show my gals and they love it. My daughter wants to cosplay Bo so I might have to try and figure that out. To the point she about got into a fight with her mom when she said she might try that character and my daughter said there would only be one Bo in this house. I love it!

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #79 on: November 21, 2020, 06:06:38 AM »
How about that dark trooper reveal, guys? This has a lot of implications.
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #80 on: November 21, 2020, 06:19:25 AM »
How about that dark trooper reveal, guys? This has a lot of implications.

Yeah, and all the Expanded Universe Stuff that we were told would never see any attention! That is evidently out the window.

I mean will we get to see the Outrider and Dash?

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #81 on: November 21, 2020, 06:26:13 AM »
Yeah I think Din is going to go back to hating droids, witb those dark troopers. We saw them briefly in Rebels, but they were just used for sparring. My speculation is that Din is going to lead Gideon straight to Ahsoka, which will be interresting. This episode strengths my belife Gideon is trying to gain force powers throgh baby Yo. He has the Dark Saber, but without force powers, it might as well be a can opener.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #82 on: November 22, 2020, 07:14:06 AM »
I am thinking those same things about the Moff. Either trying to get force powers for himself or create a legion of drones.

I kinda wonder when we will see a new IG Droid. So was Boba just a tease?

It will be great to see Ahsoka. Does anyone see a big Imperial vs. New Alliance Battle at the end of this season?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #83 on: November 22, 2020, 03:59:01 PM »
Great action and cgi as usual. Some of the practical alien costumes seem a bit soft on realism, to the point of looking a bit floppy but not so different from something you would have seen in the Cantina in A New Hope which is probably what they were going for.
 I do love the show. I was wondering if we would see some lightsaber action in the next episode but seem to remember Ashoka ditching hers in that last Clone Wars scene. She could be deep into a hermit life of seclusion like A New Hope Obi Wan.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #84 on: November 24, 2020, 11:02:21 AM »
Great action and cgi as usual. Some of the practical alien costumes seem a bit soft on realism, to the point of looking a bit floppy but not so different from something you would have seen in the Cantina in A New Hope which is probably what they were going for.
 I do love the show. I was wondering if we would see some lightsaber action in the next episode but seem to remember Ashoka ditching hers in that last Clone Wars scene. She could be deep into a hermit life of seclusion like A New Hope Obi Wan.

She forged her white sabers in Rebels, so I don't see her not having those ones.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #85 on: November 24, 2020, 05:01:32 PM »
Kind of like the clone wars, I must have missed the end of Rebels. I hadn’t caught that fact.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #86 on: November 25, 2020, 09:17:02 AM »
Kind of like the clone wars, I must have missed the end of Rebels. I hadn’t caught that fact.

Me either. I really need to read some background on the Dark Saber too. I don't know how it was forged, etc.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #87 on: November 27, 2020, 05:51:27 AM »
So, did Moff Gideon defeat Darth Maul to get the Dark Saber? I can’t remember if it was last possessed by Maul, or Bo Katan.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #88 on: November 27, 2020, 06:44:35 AM »
So, did Moff Gideon defeat Darth Maul to get the Dark Saber? I can’t remember if it was last possessed by Maul, or Bo Katan.
  Sabine got it from Maul/night Sisters, she ended up giving it to Bo Katan. Evidently Gideon took it during the Purge.

Baby Yoda has a name.  :o

Offline Clonemaster

• Commander
« Reply #89 on: November 27, 2020, 11:38:25 AM »
What’d you guys think of the new episode? I originally had written a long post but something glitched out and deleted it all 😔 but all good! I thought the Ahsoka reveal early on made sense even though I was expecting her to pop up kinda how Bo Katan did but it was better this way as it established her character atm a bit better. She seems more ruthless, more willing to take lives in order to pursue justice against the empire and its remnants...Idk kinda like this edge in her returning...I remember her taking death watch heads as a kid so full circle I guess 🤷🏻???. I felt the child now being named Grogo and having some backstory was a nice step in a new direction with Ahsoka giving the pair a new quest to allow the child to decide his own fate, I am curious though how Moff Gideon will play into this new direction. Din seems to have accepted his bond with Grogo and I just thought that was f-ing heartwarming. Still feeling weird bout Grogo as the child’s name but Star Wars is Star Wars. From my childhood with the clone wars to the Mandalorian as a college I think it’s safe to say I’m lucky to be a fan of Star Wars right now with all this new content (minus those dogshit movies sorry sorry I just really hated those new Disney films)
- Jon