Author Topic: [SPOILERS BEWARE!!!!] The Mandalorian [Discussion Thread]  (Read 23664 times)

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
Re: [SPOILERS BEWARE!!!!] The Mandalorian [Discussion Thread]
« Reply #90 on: November 27, 2020, 12:40:26 PM »
Guys - this means Ezra Bridger was never found and Thrawn is still alive.
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #91 on: November 27, 2020, 03:05:33 PM »
Missed that rebels factoid as well. Geez, I am not as caught up as I thought
Who then does she speak of, to train baby grogo?

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #92 on: November 27, 2020, 04:31:50 PM »
Missed that rebels factoid as well. Geez, I am not as caught up as I thought
Who then does she speak of, to train baby grogo?

Luke possibly. Or Ezra could be out there. If Thrawn is alive.
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #93 on: November 28, 2020, 07:58:41 AM »
I agree this was another great episode. I love the fan service for Rebels and The Clone Wars. I also thought we got a bit of Dune fan service in that the Bad Guy Troopers in this latest episode looked like Harkonens! I thought Rosaria did good as Ahsoka and liked the fact that she was a bit darker in personality and fighting style. Definitely works for me and makes sense given her progression. I kind of wonder if she didn't want to train Grogo because she feels disjointed in the force herself. Still I liked her character. The only thing that gave me the ole meh feeling was the length of her top lekku which I thought were way short. I mean even the concept art at the end I really like to watch while the credits are rolling showed her lekku being longer on top. Anyone else have lekku issues?

Her asking about Grand Admiral Thrawn was just fantastic and I immediately wondered how he and Moff Gideon are gonna get along or not? I love the fact that established cannon is being used again. So awesome. Still wished we had had the Thrawn Trilogy as the postquels rather than the three movies they churned out. I bet they do him proud too.

So I immediately thought Ezra when they asked who would train little Grogo who I guess is actually older than he seems. I thought Luke, but remember he is really hiding so I don't think it would be him. Then, I had the idea that we never really saw Mace Windu dead and thought how cool it would be to have him back. I mean if they can make a cyborg out of Maul why not Mace still being alive? I know he was dropped out of a very tall window, but he is a powerful Jedi and we never saw him deceased or a force ghost, etc. so I think he is still out there in hiding. What other Jedis would there be? It would also be a cool thing to see a new Jedi or what about Mara Jade? Needless to say I am excited to see who it is.

I still wonder why they bothered showing us Boba Fett on Tatooine only for him to not be used in a real episode? Is the next season gonna see us getting Boba and Bo together and Din as they try to take back Mandalore? And where the heck is the rest of the Covert and the Armourer?

And then I am hearing rumors about Cara Dune and they removed an episode becasue the actress that plays her is getting political and this one was actually gonna be directed by Carl Weathers. So yeah, I am not really thinking this makes a whole lot of sense. Has anyone else read or heard anything like that?

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #94 on: November 28, 2020, 09:50:02 AM »
Yeah that whole thing with Cara Dune's twitter is dumb. She posted some anti mask tweets and everyone is like, fire cara dune. You're not allowed to have a different opinion anymore without being doxed. Well twitter is stupid anyway. If she gets canned it'll be because her character is no longer needed. She was somewhat important in episode 4, but 8, she was just there. Season 2 episode 4, kind of gave closure to Greef and cara. (That was the episode directed by Carl Weathers). They're doing just fine running Navarro. They're doing their own thing now. Same with Ahsoka, I didn't expect her to take Baby Yoda, for a couple of reasons, first shes not a jedi. Second she's doing her own thing looking for Ezra. She ain't got time for  no baby yoda.

I don't think anyone is going to show up at the temple. Grogu is going to choose the Mandalorian life. From my understanding, Grogu has to sit on a mountain choose his life, if he chooses the jedi life, it's possible no one would show up, I guess he'd just die up there.  I posted about the similarities between the Mandalorian and Lone Wolf And Cub. In one of the adaptations. The child had to choose between the ball or the sword. If he picked the ball, he'dbe killed, if the sword, he'd live. It's similar, not exact.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 07:14:09 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #95 on: November 29, 2020, 07:51:26 AM »
I definitely think you are onto something about Grogu staying with Din and learning the Mandalorian way of life. I just have these glimpses of a full Mando Yoda with force powers. Can you imagine the effect he would have on a battlefield?

I wonder if that mountain scene will show us some force ghosts and perhaps even Yoda giving little Grogu some advice? Now that would be cool.

I can't wait to see what Thrawn and Gideon get up too.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #96 on: November 29, 2020, 10:33:47 AM »
  Personally I don't expect Thrawn will be in the show. I could be wrong. This episode is just where Ahsoka's story briefly intersects with the Mandalorian. I think Gideon and Thrawn have different ambitions. The Empire is fractured into several Remnant clans, they all want to become the next Emperor. I think Gideon wants force powers to become a vader like successor. There are many similarities between vader and Gideon, both in appearance and ruthlessness.
Thrawn, who knows, he probably has a more naval centered approach. I could be very wrong.

As far as boba fett, I'm sure we'll see him again. Rumor has it the Slave I is supposed to make an appearance this season. Maybe he wants his armor back. I'd like to see him team up with Fennec Shand. (The woman in the gunslinger episode). She was pretty cool. I'm not convinced she's dead, or maybe boba fett collected the bounty. I dunno.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 02:14:40 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #97 on: November 30, 2020, 03:52:48 AM »
I guess you could be right. Just because there is a name drop doesn't necassarily mean we will see the character. Who knows maybe Thrawn is chasing Ezra and we will get to see them both.

I would be down with your idea about Boba too. Man it would be cool to see the Slave I. I sure hope you are right about that.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #98 on: December 04, 2020, 01:50:45 PM »
Sweet baby Jesus it was satisfying to watch Boba kicking stormy butt the whole way through this episode. And I find it interesting that he might be setting up as Mandalore. Additionally, they added the armor chain code!!!!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #99 on: December 04, 2020, 02:09:03 PM »
Yeah that was pretty good. First viewing was while I was working this morning. Good thing cuz someone texted me a potentially huge spoiler an hour later.

I knew the Razor Crest wouldn't survive season 2. Just by the trailer. I swear the Razor Crest is my work truck. It's outdated, breaks down constantly, can't find parts for it, and it would literally have to explode for me to part with it. 

I like that fennec shand is still alive. Called that. Boba went looking for his armor, called that. I did say no one would show up at the mountain.  I was wrong about that, every damn body showed up lol. 

I'm glad they cleared up who's armor boba fett's actually was. Potf2 card back said it was his father's. Then after the prequels it changed. Now it's jango's again. Im cool with that. Same with Slave 1.
The mortar trooper is pretty cool. You know I had to paint up a R1 figure. Just need a gi joe mortar.

I guess next week it's going to be a "we're putting together a team" jailbreak episode.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 02:36:33 PM by JDeck »

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #100 on: December 04, 2020, 09:11:54 PM »
Love your mortar trooper! It was great to see something from legends make it to the big screen yet again!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #101 on: December 05, 2020, 06:31:18 AM »
Thank you! You know I never got into the expanded universe. I guess when the books came out I couldn't read, so I've just been a movie guy. Objectively, and I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I'm glad they're rewriting the EU. I didn't get into the Legends stuff, but I'd read Wookieepedia and some of it was far fetched even for Star Wars. So I'd just pick the stuff I liked for my head canon  and that's basically what the new EU is. But that's just my opinion.

Speaking of Stormtroopers, I would like one day to see them actually be badass. I remember watching Star wars for the first time and that opening scene on the Tantive Iv got me hooked on Star Wars. They tore those rebels up in that hallway, however, since then Stormtroopers have gotten worse and worse, to now they're just a running joke.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #102 on: December 05, 2020, 07:22:27 AM »
Yeah, as I was watching last night I was telling my family that you called a lot of this correctly JDeck. Love that mortar trooper by the way. I am gonna use that to share the latest episode on the front page.

I so agree seeing Boba rock that armor was just fantastic. I mean Knee Missles! Loved seeing that mortar trooper. You know they will unveil that one for Mando Monday this coming week I bet. Gonna be so cool to get this in 6" and 3.75" scale. I was glad to hear Boba was gonna stick with Din to get Grogu back. My family was outraged at the little manacles they put on him. So stoked to see which Jedi shows us to help spring him. Wonder if we will see the whole New Alliance Battle Group jump in? Either way I can see a big space battle brewing I think?

Can we imagine whats its gonna be like for Boba and Bo Katan to meet! Its gonna happen. Still wondering if Thrawn is gonna show up to support Gideon. I can't see the New Republic stopping both of them. Surely Gideon has more than one Star Destroyer too.

Its gonna be interesting to see if Cara goes with Din to help rescue the child. My gals thought it was pretty week how she responded, but I took the whole head tilt thing to mean she was gonna go kick some buttocks.

I am anxious to hear more about the whole experiment thing with Grogu too. Man this series is just in a great place right now. There are so many great story lines they can take on; from ending some OT questions to new stories for the New Republic to the force with Grogu to what happened to the Jedi, etc.

I also agree it would be great to see a Special Forces Stormtrooper Team. I mean an elite squad like Republic Commando but with just Stormies. These guys would be elite and hit everything they aimed at. I do agree that not all of these guys are just gonna be cannon fodder and inept. Being former artillery I sure wouldn't mind seeing some heavy cannons besides mortars with those artillery stormies too.

I am left feeling a bit sad about the Crest. Gonna wonder if he will get another like it or get a ship like Boba's. If I know merchandizing it will be a new ship. Still, gotta wonder if we will see a new Slave I (hopefully to scale) now that Boba is back on the scene too. They better not kill him off!

So when are we gonna see an AT-AT? We got that crane looking thing. Gotta wonder what type of big land battle we might see in the future too. I mean they do have big ole Rebel Tanks too.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #103 on: December 05, 2020, 08:32:13 AM »
Yeah it was great to see boba fett again. Honestly, (another unpopular opinion) I never understood the hype surrounding Boba Fett, and I wasn't giddy about seeing him in mandalorian. Season 2 episode 1, I thought, they're just going to shoehorn him in, for fan serive sake. I figured anything more would be like the Patton Oswald filibuster. I was wrong. Boba fett lived up to the legend, and it was great to finally see it. As far as him becoming a main character, I'm cool with it. I'm sure they'll do a goid job with it.

Artillery would be cool. Of course lasers and projectiles are way different. I never really liked projectiles in star wars, just seemed to earthy, but the idea has grown on me. The mortar is a useful weapon. Speaking of which I noticed the mortar shell (also on his backpack), is very similar to the cylinder on the back of the stormtrooper belt. I'm 90% sure it is. Thats pretty cool, because I always wanted to see what those things were.

Offline Lenny Quinn

• Commander
  • Laugh it up fuzzball.
« Reply #104 on: December 05, 2020, 10:24:56 AM »
Did anyone else notice the stripes on Cora Dune's badge are the same stripes that are on Cobb Vanth's belt buckle?  Marshall identification?