Author Topic: [SPOILERS BEWARE!!!!] The Mandalorian [Discussion Thread]  (Read 24112 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: [SPOILERS BEWARE!!!!] The Mandalorian [Discussion Thread]
« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2020, 03:34:59 AM »
Boba should still harbor a lasting hate for the Jedi. Were our Mando and boba to meet and greet, Boba could learn of our Mando’s quest for the Jedi and make an excuse to tag along so he could cause mayhem when he got there.
  Good stuff, this show could tug me back into the fray.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2020, 07:23:36 AM »
   I liked this one better. I find too much fan service kind of insulting. I guess it would have been boring, but he should have just done what the space cops told him to do, they just ended up saving him, and letting him off with a warning anyway. Instead he crashed and now he's flying half a ship. He's at least on the right track to finding a Mandalorian. Going to tatooine ended up being a wild bantha chase.  I don't know why he just doesn't go to Mandalor, I mean there's probably at least one Mandalorian on Mandalor.

We don't know the status of Mandalore after the purge. I can't imagine that the Imperials left the planet intact for Mandalorian insurrection. The punishment was probably harsh and swift.
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2020, 07:44:08 AM »
   I liked this one better. I find too much fan service kind of insulting. I guess it would have been boring, but he should have just done what the space cops told him to do, they just ended up saving him, and letting him off with a warning anyway. Instead he crashed and now he's flying half a ship. He's at least on the right track to finding a Mandalorian. Going to tatooine ended up being a wild bantha chase.  I don't know why he just doesn't go to Mandalor, I mean there's probably at least one Mandalorian on Mandalor.

Well, I agree with you. But instead of fan service we watched Dave Filloni do himself a massive favor by playing a space cop. Does the Rebellion have nothing better to do than being the space police after the fall of the Empire? I think the ending was just stupid. There's no way Mando could've repaired his ship after that crash. What would you do after you crashed your ship? The first action. Check from the outside maybe and look if there's anything leaking or even burning? No, Mando sleeps. Are they kidding us?

In my opinion this episode is the weakest of the series so far.

The only element that I liked are the Spiders which I know from the Expanded Universe: Knights of the Old Republic, Comics and the miniatures by WotC. Although the entire chase gave me some serious Harry Potter flashbacks...

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2020, 08:07:39 AM »
  That's the thing we don't know what happened after the purge , or really anything. I would think Jedi would still be known to most people. They were in power only 30 years earlier. The armourer was talking about them as if they only existed thousands of years ago.

The fall of the empire caused a power vacuum, if the New Republic doesn't fill it someone else would. The Razor Crest didn't fall that far, maybe 50 feet, he sealed the cockpit, that's all he needed to do to survive the vacuum of space. Ships don't need to be aerodynamic in space, especially at sub-light speeds.

I think a majority of these episodes are weak. I just want to know who baby yoda is and why the remnants want him so badly. I'm going to lose interest, like my bank account.

Offline Clonemaster

• Commander
« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2020, 04:40:09 PM »

I think a majority of these episodes are weak. I just want to know who baby yoda is and why the remnants want him so badly. I'm going to lose interest, like my bank account.

While I agree that I want to know those things, it is an episodic adventure series after all, it is not meant to delve into all that so quickly; otherwise, the show would be over like that. Baby Yoda is just a huge overarching narrative that will be answered in time. I think to better flesh out the world in which Mando inhabits and just to get more seasons of this show (which will possibly spawn off more shows, I think the slow burn to the finish line is actually gonna benefit the show. They are slowly starting to add in more and more plot threads that I assume are gonna lead to an insane finale (cross your fingers they don't pull a Game of Thrones). While each episode doesn't kill in terms of interesting plots, it is still young show finding its footing. I also assume if they finish up the Baby Yoda plot too quickly, they will lose a large chunk of casual viewers only there for the cute dynamic between the two leads. I pulled this out my ass tho just to get my first post on here after ages of being away from the community. Looking forward to the next episode!
- Jon

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2020, 06:52:09 AM »
Yeah, this one wasn't my favorite either, but hey its new Star Wars so I am good. I had hoped we would see a meet up with Boba in this one, but guess thats down the road. You gotta wonder what Moff Gideon is up to after using the dark saber to get out of that TIE too. I keep hoping we will see more Empire vehicles. I can't wait to see an AT-AT in this. You know it will happen!

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2020, 04:39:51 AM »
Bo'Katan!!!!!!!!! (Also Starbuck in Battlestar Galactica)

Modified ATAT crane!

Gozanti cruiser.

Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2020, 06:32:13 AM »
Yeah you got that right. When I saw that AT-AT Crane I was hooting and hollering. So cool.

And yes, Bo and company were good. I was left wondering if perhaps she would have been better cast by Charlie Theron. I like ole Starbuck, but she doesn't quite have the class that I think Charlie, and the leader of the Mandos should have. Just me being nit picky, but I made that opinion pretty quick. Kind of like I feel about the new James Bond actor, more thug than a classy act like Sean Connery. Just nit pickin.

Loved the crash into the water, I laughed do hard. Made such work getting to the pad only to loose it at the end. That AT-AT Crane was FTW! Love seeing that shot of another in the background with the ships in the air. One thing I thought was really great in this episode was all the great shipping containers. I bet JDeck was drooling!

I loved hearing about Ahsoka too. I thought that first gal we saw cloaked was her, but watched it again later and saw it was the other gal Mando. I also thought that perhaps there should have been some better explanations of the whole Mando leave your helmet on thing. That seemed to trivial, to make D's clan a bunch of religious zealots kind of.

I guess Boba's appearance was just more of a cameo than anything that is gonna cause them to meet and work together. Daggone, I want to see more of Temura.

Oh well, I liked this episode better than the last one. There were just a few storyline issues I thought were cleared up a little too quickly. And where is the Armourer? I want to know a few of his clan made it out!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 06:36:56 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2020, 07:49:02 AM »
Ok, I watched this again (imagine that) and now I am having a hard time with how many times they took their helmets off when they were assaulting the ship. Why in the world would you take your bucket off in the middle of a fight? I get it, they wanted us to know there were two different versions of Mandos now, but some of the helmet off stuff was just forced imo. And then them walking off at the end there going to the cockpit with their buckets in their arms and hands and not their blaster would just be foolish in a combat area in the middle of a fight. Anyone else notice any of that?

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2020, 04:08:02 PM »
I finally watched the newest episode. It was good. The story is finally starting to move along. I liked that they addressed the not taking the helmet off thing. That confused me in the first season. The first season the Mandalorians were made out to be religious zealots. Everytime they said this is the way, I'd roll my eyes. That's his religious sect. I liked seeing the imperial DLT-19 heavy repeater used in action, I don't think we've ever seen it used on screen, at least not in full automatic.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 04:12:52 PM by JDeck »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2020, 07:40:33 PM »
I’m surprised that the child didn’t snag a couple more eggs.
    I’m still mighty impressed with the CGI in this show. Some of the best I’ve seen yet. Poor old Razors Crest just can’t catch a break.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #71 on: November 16, 2020, 01:18:43 AM »
I’m surprised that the child didn’t snag a couple more eggs.
    I’m still mighty impressed with the CGI in this show. Some of the best I’ve seen yet. Poor old Razors Crest just can’t catch a break.

I think the Razorcrest is allegory of what traditional fans have been for the last 8 years.

()rr

I'm starting to believe that the people behind Mando actually love Star Wars. Also, the actress for Bo voiced her in Clone Wars. Very rarely do we see a voice actor BECOME their character.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 01:20:41 AM by RC-1136 »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #72 on: November 16, 2020, 03:50:24 AM »
I didn't know it was the same character that voiced her. I do like her. Like I said I was just nit pickin majorly. It was just great to see some new Mandos.

And yeah, that poor Razor Crest. No wonder the HasLab version comes apart in so many pieces. That Mon Cal fix job with all the seashore decorations was just hilarious.

I did like seeing that Heavy Blaster going full tilt too. What did you think of all the Containers JDeck?

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #73 on: November 16, 2020, 06:26:47 AM »
   I didn't get a good look at the crates. I watch on my phone, no smart tv. They look like the ribbed ones I think. Seemed like a light load looked like it was only a few boxes. Kind of a waste if gas. The Gozanti is more of a carrier, better off using a shuttle. At least load some TIE fighters underneath to protect from the pirates.
 I don't even think the DLT-19 D the death troopers had in rogue one, were fully automatic. Seems like a good thing to have in hallways. I'm a sucker for imperial stuff. Moff Gideon seems like he's competent for an imperial.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #74 on: November 17, 2020, 03:44:34 AM »
I think I remember seeing most of containers on the boat they were on when Bo first showed up, that and when the Crest got hauled out.

I too think the Moff is gonna be pretty competent. I wonder if he has Sith powers? I bet he does!