Author Topic: [SPOILERS BEWARE!!!!] The Mandalorian [Discussion Thread]  (Read 24114 times)

Offline Lenny Quinn

• Commander
  • Laugh it up fuzzball.
Re: [SPOILERS BEWARE!!!!] The Mandalorian [Discussion Thread]
« Reply #105 on: December 05, 2020, 03:36:21 PM »
@JDeck sweet move posting your custom from the latest episode in the spoilers thread. Every episode has been slightly spoiled  for me by a comment or custom, more of the latter. Commendable approach and beautifully executed figure.

Offline MandoMuggle

• Lieutenant
  • This is the way!
« Reply #106 on: December 05, 2020, 08:16:31 PM »
Nice! Anyone else notice the grenadier is similar to the CW Bombsquad trooper?

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #107 on: December 05, 2020, 09:00:19 PM »
Nice! Anyone else notice the grenadier is similar to the CW Bombsquad trooper?

How so?

So I got to thinking,

What if Grogu is wanted as a donor by Dr.Pershing because his DNA is needed as an ingredient for Snoke?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 03:54:14 AM by RC-1136 »
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #108 on: December 06, 2020, 08:07:35 AM »
I am thinking that with Grogu that JDeck is on the right track. Gideon is trying to get some force powers. That or trying to create some new clones with that type of power.

I liked the Mortar Trooper, but wondered if it would have been cool to have the mortar tube on a backpack type affair? One would think mortar tech would have made that possible.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #109 on: December 06, 2020, 09:47:22 AM »
Gideon loves showing off his lightsaber. Like me and my dioramas when people come over.
Where did he get baby shackles? Everyone should have a pair of baby shackles handy.

The only reason I don't think they're using baby Yoda for Snoke, is because they'd haveto succeed for snoke to come into being. I doubt they'll kill baby Yoda in the end. People would lose their shits. But there is strong evidence. We shall seeeee.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 03:17:22 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #110 on: December 07, 2020, 03:59:24 AM »
Yeah, if there was already a plot line to kill Grogu off they had better change it. Folks would take to the streets if they killed him off I think.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #111 on: December 11, 2020, 06:59:47 AM »
Can we please talk about how good Boba's restored armor looks? I don't think he will want the title, but I would like to see him pick up as the reigns as Manda'lor. Much like how Canderous Ordo became Manda'lor during his period of galactic history. He started out as a mercenary and became a leader of his people. I think Boba could do the same.

It was also pretty cool seeing Mayfield having kind of a redemption from his imperial days. And also seeing our favorite Alderaanian Marshall have forgiveness for a former Imperial...which was a redemption in it's own way.

Also - I think Din will eventually abandon his Death Watch ways (this is the first time he has ever removed the helmet in front of organics). Maybe - through Imperial record keeping, we will learn the actual lineage of his real family? His face is in Imperial systems (if blowing up the depot base did not prevent a network upload).

And the Juggernaut scene was amazing too! The fight sequences were perfectly fleshed out and reminded me of a spaghetti western train fight!

Also...the Slave I still had the clone wars era mine charges from Episode II!!!

Did anyone pick up on this tidbit from the Imperial officer Mayfield knew????

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Operation:_Cinder
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 07:08:43 AM by RC-1136 »
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #112 on: December 12, 2020, 08:13:02 AM »
Yeah, I noticed Boba's repainted and rebuilt armor right off. Man it looks good with that red led array going back and forth like a cylon. I have a similar one for my AT-AT Driver costume. Some guy in Germany made that for me. Anyhew, his armor looks great and he looks awesome with the black underlayment for it too.

Talk about eagerly eating up all the scenes from inside the Slave I too. Man that is great, they really have a feel for how you would operate in it. And seeing that mine go off to take out those TIES was just great. I gotta wonder if Din is gonna like this ship so much he will get him one down the road.

I do think you are onto something about him and his helmet off thing. I think he is seeing that you can be a real Mando and have honor and ideals and still have a life and a family. It will be interesting to see him meet back up with his covert and the Armourer and see how they act. I have a feeling that "The Way" is gonna get modified a bit. I thought it was pretty cool to see him use the Moff's words there at the end about getting Grogu back. Gonna be a great episode (I guess the season finale).

Loved the Juggernauts, guess that was no surprise seeing how close they looked to AT-ATs and their Clone Wars counterpart on wheels. Think we saw them on Chewie's planet in ROTS? Anyhew, great vehicle and I agree the battle was awesome. From the blaster sputtering out, etc. I thought I was watching a gunfight on a train too. I love the whole sphagetti western vibe this has had throughout. Din definitely gives off some good Clint Eastwood vibes every so often with his one liners.

I am guessing we will see a raid on Moff's Star Destroyer next? I wonder who will go. I am guessing Greef and Cara to go along with Boba and Fennec and perhaps Bo Katan and her crew? I would love to see another Assasin Droid thrown in the mix or some kick butt driod to go with. That is probably enough for a small assault party? Maybe the Jedi that Grogu called out too makes an appearance at the very end? Ezra, Mace or someone new? Maybe even let Ahsoka get in on the act? Showing up with the New Republic Fleet to make sure Moff doesn't get away?

You know we are gonna see a torture scene with Grogu too. Like JDeck says, folks are gonna loose it when that happens. I mean we already have the little dude in manacles.

I feel this just gets better and better and is the one piece of new Star Wars that is worth of the original. I think Rogue One came close (man it was great to see nods to that movie in this episode), but this series is singlehandedly gonna save and promote the SW Franchise to entirely new levels. I could even see them doing movies based on this series now. Man, wouldn't a whole Star Wars Spaghetti western movie be great! Gotta let Favareu direct it. He is also the ultimate in professional and modern meets true fan imo.

Wow, went long again. Big surprise there eh?

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #113 on: December 12, 2020, 12:11:48 PM »
Did you see all the upcoming content???? Disney+ is gonna kick off a mountain of Star Wars content. If you haven't, I'd do a shout out for this. Folks might not know. This was announced at the shareholder meeting.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #115 on: December 13, 2020, 07:45:59 AM »
I think there was a titanium release of the Juggernaut. I thought it was a troop carrier with a bunch of seats but can’t remember. I don’t think I have that one, I’ll have to check.
  Going through this episode, I was again blown away by how good everything looked. The cgi action with the juggernaut and slave 1 was clean and as top notch as you can get.
I’ll be bummed after the finale. This season has made a great run of it.

I seen our Mando “The Viper” was wearing his jet pack in the rendered still panels of the end credits, I thought. I need to watch the episode again. Does he have it now, or not?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #116 on: December 13, 2020, 07:50:22 AM »
Thats a good point. I am not sure if he has his Jetpack or not?

I am not sure about that Juggernaut either. I mean the only thing that was close to this was the Clone Wars Turbo Tank right?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #117 on: December 13, 2020, 08:14:23 AM »
No luck looking so far. I’m not positive that it didn’t have legs like the atte. There may have even been two deco versions released. I’ll keep looking
Found it, the ATOT
All terrain open transport, has legs like an atte
Found these shots on the photo archives at scum
http://www.rebelscum.com/SW08TSATOTTCW.asp
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 08:40:38 AM by Clonehead »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #118 on: December 14, 2020, 05:24:30 AM »
Oh yeah, I think we saw one on Felucia with the Clones there for like a second or two.

Those closest thing I can think of we have seen before the Juggernaut is the Clone Wars Turbo Tank that showed up on Kashyyk.

Offline jdh1173

• Cadet
« Reply #119 on: December 15, 2020, 06:06:50 AM »
I still wondering if they will find another ship like the Razorcrest, or a replacement.  I don't think it will be Slave 1, but I could totally see him using a modified Republic Gunship as his new ride.