Author Topic: grooveman76 - American powerseller of loose Star Wars action figures  (Read 3335 times)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
grooveman76 is one seller on ebay who I know for a couple years now. I never bought from him, yet, but I've been watching his auctions. And I'm amazed how much people bid for loose figures by now.

Many Star Wars fan sites make indirect advertisment for shady tunghori. Nobody knows where this seller from Macau gets his/her figures for sure.
And I share his new listings, too! So I think it's more than fair to feature other sellers on here as well!

I also wonder where grooveman76 gets his stock! He has very rare figures up for auction on a regular base such as TLC Ulic-Qel Droma and Quinlan Vos and other Comic Pack figures like Darth Nihl.
Every few weeks (or once a month) he offers about 100 auctions including at least one figure.

It's also remarkable that some loose figures that are still avaialable (or just released!) go for more than their MRSP - TVC Zorii Bliss for example is at $14.56 as of this post!

It's astounding how the secondary market for loose figures changed over the last decade. Many figures are sold for higher prices in the United States than people are willing to pay for them here in Germany! I remember German collectors buying a lot on ebay.com even though shipping and customs fees are huge! It still paid off. By now all the good stuff is still available, but man did the prices rise...

Here's the link to his ebay store: grooveman76

https://www.ebay.com/str/Star-Wars-Action-Figure-Center?_sop=1&rt=nc

What are your thoughts on loose action figures being sold on ebay? Did you know grooveman76 and have you already purchased some figures from him to add to your collection?

I think his assortment is amazing. He also has TAC Darth Revan and Malak almost in every series of auctions and sometimes he also sells figures of different lines such as MARVEL.
He got almost all modern figures from 1995 until today!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 05:24:17 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: grooveman76 - American powerseller of loose Star Wars action figures
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2019, 05:31:50 AM »
Interesting, first I have heard of him. I will have to go take a look. Shows you how much time I have spent on eBay lately.

Off to share.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2019, 06:29:38 PM »
Aftermath

So the last lot sold a week ago. I saw some posts on facebook that followers of our forum won some auctions! Congratulations to all those great deals!

There're quite a few auctions I'd like to discuss with you.

The thing that amazes me most is the fact that people pay so much for figures that have JUST been released and should be at retail everywhere in the U.S. - that makes me wonder why people bid so much on these here:

The Mimban Trooper is quite rare and always has been since it's (non)release...for some reason the two of them went for cheap in comparison...

And I mean these Sith Troopers are not even the "armor-up" versions with all those accessories!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2019, 07:20:18 AM »
It will be intersting to see him populate his store again. Looking forward to seeing what he lists.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2019, 02:20:42 AM »
Good morning & happy Monday everyone! grooveman76 listed 505 (!!!) new auctions with tons of nice & rare Star Wars Hasbro figures & accessories! They end next Sunday - so happy bidding & good luck!

Visit his store here:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?item=312858462180&hash=item48d7d147e4%3Ag%3AO1UAAOSwBYpd2YYw&_ssn=grooveman76&_sop=1
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 10:14:46 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2019, 10:21:30 AM »
Cool deal, thanks for the info. Off to share it.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2020, 04:40:15 AM »
grooveman76 has over 400 hot & hard-to-find loose figures up for auction ending tomorrow September 13, 2020:

Here's the direct link to his ebay store: Star Wars Action Figure Center
« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 06:41:52 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2020, 06:46:18 AM »
Nice info. Off to the front pages.